Motorola DROID

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask Hill-Billy Jim(Mr.Thrifty) on here about it, i think he mentioned something about getting one.

I have one and it's great.

I've had an iPod Touch for a couple years now and I wanted an iPhone, but didn't want to switch over to AT&T. Got a Droid and it is very comparable. Battery life is good. Good coverage during my road trip all the way down to Disney World from Pennsylvania. Good app selection. A little bulky, but not bad. Multi-tasking works well. Voice recognition is amazing. I'm very pleased.

Also, as a SW fan, I changed the background to R2-D2 and changed the text message notification sound to an R2 beep. :rock

I win.

As much as I hate AT&T and really wanted to switch to Verizon this month (contract is up), I bit the bullet and stuck with AT&T for the iPhone. After playing around with some others, nothing is quite like it. SO easy to use - don't need to read any instructions or anything. You just can't get anything more user-friendly. Apps are awesome - there are so many free ones that rock! :rock

But Droid was my second choice, and you can't beat the Verizon network. I hate AT&T so much :( Too expensive and sucky coverage. Oh well, I mostly am just using the phone for AIM/messaging and apps anyway, so I am on WiFi most of the time.

As much as I hate AT&T and really wanted to switch to Verizon this month (contract is up), I bit the bullet and stuck with AT&T for the iPhone. After playing around with some others, nothing is quite like it. SO easy to use - don't need to read any instructions or anything. You just can't get anything more user-friendly. Apps are awesome - there are so many free ones that rock! :rock

But Droid was my second choice, and you can't beat the Verizon network. I hate AT&T so much :( Too expensive and sucky coverage. Oh well, I mostly am just using the phone for AIM/messaging and apps anyway, so I am on WiFi most of the time.

I totally agree! I've had every model of the iPhone since it was released, and I have never thought ONCE about getting another phone. It does WAY too much to want to switch to something else....

But I also agree, AT&T phone service SUCKS here in Cali.... I never had a problem with it in Florida, but here in Cali I've experienced a TON of dropped calls :sick

I totally agree! I've had every model of the iPhone since it was released, and I have never thought ONCE about getting another phone. It does WAY too much to want to switch to something else....

But I also agree, AT&T phone service SUCKS here in Cali.... I never had a problem with it in Florida, but here in Cali I've experienced a TON of dropped calls :sick

that's why I dropped AT&T years ago

Ask Hill-Billy Jim(Mr.Thrifty) on here about it, i think he mentioned something about getting one.

Valspar is correct..:lol

It's all about what you want out of a phone...I'm happy with mine, even though I had to get a replacement about two months in.

it's quick and customizable. still in it's early stages (android) so it has alot of growing to do.

physical keyboard blows imo but some people like it. camera isn't the best but video is good.

if you want something cute and well rounded for the masses get an iphone. the Droid out of the box is quite tame but it can do alot. you just have to arrange it how you want.

No way am I moving to AT&T, nope. Never gonna happen. I have been with verizon for about 10 years and have never ever once had an issue with them or their service.

King, I would go with a Blackberry on the Verizon network and get an iTouch as a supplement. That's what I did and that way you have the best of both worlds. I love both.

King, I would go with a Blackberry on the Verizon network and get an iTouch as a supplement. That's what I did and that way you have the best of both worlds. I love both.

I've noticed that the Droid's sound quality is better than my iPod touch. The stock player interface is crappy, but I downloaded a free player that is better.

Whats so good about blackberrys?

None of you rat bastards has given me a good reason why a blackberry is better than a droid.

I have one and it's great.

I've had an iPod Touch for a couple years now and I wanted an iPhone, but didn't want to switch over to AT&T. Got a Droid and it is very comparable. Battery life is good. Good coverage during my road trip all the way down to Disney World from Pennsylvania. Good app selection. A little bulky, but not bad. Multi-tasking works well. Voice recognition is amazing. I'm very pleased.

Also, as a SW fan, I changed the background to R2-D2 and changed the text message notification sound to an R2 beep. :rock

I win.

I've noticed that the Droid's sound quality is better than my iPod touch. The stock player interface is crappy, but I downloaded a free player that is better.

If I do get a droid you'll have to point me in the direction of that stuff :rock

Back