Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great news. How did you pay?

Sucks it wasn't the full amount but it's still a chunk

That's great news. How did you pay?

Sucks it wasn't the full amount but it's still a chunk

What was their justification for not giving the full amount?????? I sense someone pulling a fast one if you paid by CC! If it's a CC covered by section 75 go to the financial ombudsman if they don't pay up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Frank & Eamon

Hi Gasdoc . I paid £55.00 for one item and another £51.00 as a deposit for the QSoo1 Batman by credit card (So thinking about it I'm only down £101.00 or thereabouts). Mother's basement actually invoiced me for the £290.00 by PayPal, which once again I paid by credit card. As the payments are under £100.00 and over 6 months, you're not covered by S75. The payment is a temporary measure while the bank investigates, if the "receive information showing that the goods were available to you" they will remove the credit. Obviously that's not going to happen. I don't know whether to try and push it and get the remainder back or not? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have got something back at all, but £101.00 is still quite a lot of money to lose. Especially given the circumstances.

Last edited:
Ah that's understandable now. The less than £100 rule. I forgot about that. Yes I agree you have to be glad your getting some back. Good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got refunded by my bank, everything bar the deposit through paypal and I paid via debit card

Finally got my £400 refund back from Paypal. Bought two hot toys on christmas eve and never received them, they kept giving me ******** excuses that they were busy over christmas etc... so glad paypal came through. Shame i lost £200 in points, was saving up for Boba Fett mythos and was gonna use all my points in one go. Now i have no points and no damn statue :(

Finally got my £400 refund back from Paypal. Bought two hot toys on christmas eve and never received them, they kept giving me ******** excuses that they were busy over christmas etc... so glad paypal came through. Shame i lost £200 in points, was saving up for Boba Fett mythos and was gonna use all my points in one go. Now i have no points and no damn statue :(

Yes. They were giving those points away to people like candy at the end, all the time, knowing the points would soon be useless.

I got an email from the financial ombudsman saying that i have a case against either my bank or Paypal.
I decided to try Paypal first, and that is in motion right now.
If that doesn't work, i'll sic them after my bank, lol.

Back