Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just checked with my bank and MB have debited my account for the £480 they originally refunded in early January. I would advise everyone on here to contact their banks as a matter of urgency!!!!

Was that a refund after obtaining over the phone details or via worldpay??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok to answer some questions, MB's supply of stock has been offered to various suppliers hence more items popping up (perhaps meaning that MB never bought the stock??? )
OSB, The good the bad and the robots, Toy HQ, Order66, Collectable Kitbash, and many others are all real UK retailers and in no way affiliated, the fact is that Amerang (MB's ex supplier) have excess stock and also some people have cancelled orders with more reputable dealers due to their loss of funds due to MB. Please contact me should you require any more direct infom - Andy from Mothers Basement Has My Money

I got refunded today through PayPal. I had £129.99 sitting in my balance when I logged in earlier. I've withdrawn to my by account now, but am half expecting to see a negative balance over the next couple days reading the above.

I got a refund in June last year,do you think they will take refunds back from people who got refunded that long ago?

I got refunded today through PayPal. I had £129.99 sitting in my balance when I logged in earlier. I've withdrawn to my by account now, but am half expecting to see a negative balance over the next couple days reading the above.
Can't see PayPal letting them claim it back.
I got a refund in June last year,do you think they will take refunds back from people who got refunded that long ago?
Who knows with these cowboys. Keep an eye on your account...everyone!

Last edited:
So the total is £40000 now. Ouch. The person from Starburst stated that they thought the move to an LLC company was an attempt to get out of personal liability for previous monies owned. Good thing he didn't reinvoice. So at least he can persue them in person to give them legal woes .

I think any one who has had a refund from mothers basement and gave their card details over the phone(like me:slap) should cancel their card. I spoke to my bank today and they assured me no money can be taken from that card no. Now and my new card will arrive in 3 days... Worth the peace of mind!

This ****e storm is gonna leave a stain on the UK collecting scene for awhile. It's madness

They probably owe a lot more than that, I don't have Facebook and am not on that list. There's probably plenty more

Was in forbidden planet in Manchester today and they'd received 2x EFX Stormtrooper helmets I'm sure MB were selling these, so their stick is getting taken up by other retailers, they are selling them for £215.99 if anyone is interested.

The guy who is running that facebook page has posted yesterday to say that the police are going to be looking through all posts on there for the next few days. Now while I understand people's frustration and anger there are posts from people calling MB the C word, pictures posted of the girl who ran MB with comments about her being ugly, a lesbian, a C word, fat and then some guy talking about torturing people who are thieves. There's even a derogatory comment about ex-police being bigger crooks than reg ones. And you want the police to read this and then help you out!!?

You'll end up with the police arresting people off the facebook group instead of MB if you aren't careful. You can't just post abuse about people on the internet without the risk of prosecution. The owner needs to tidy that up or he's running a big risk.

The guy who is running that facebook page has posted yesterday to say that the police are going to be looking through all posts on there for the next few days. Now while I understand people's frustration and anger there are posts from people calling MB the C word, pictures posted of the girl who ran MB with comments about her being ugly, a lesbian, a C word, fat and then some guy talking about torturing people who are thieves. There's even a derogatory comment about ex-police being bigger crooks than reg ones. And you want the police to read this and then help you out!!?

You'll end up with the police arresting people off the facebook group instead of MB if you aren't careful. You can't just post abuse about people on the internet without the risk of prosecution. The owner needs to tidy that up or he's running a big risk.

While I agree that folks shouldn't try to not sounding like children, I hardly think the police are going to care about the language dude. Pretty sure they are used to it and understand folks' anger.

Clearly you don't live in the UK. You post a picture of someone and then a group of people turn up calling her names, in writing, you can end up down your local police station if she complains. Especially when you add in comments about police being crooks.

The US police may have a sense of humour about that, I can assure you ours don't.

But hey, I'm just trying to give out some helpful advice to save people some aggro and avoid undoing all the hard work that's been done to date. Feel free to ignore me by all means, won't affect me either way.

Plus you've got our police mistaken, they are great chaps with equally good sense of humors. Next time you see one, run off with their hat, they will be in stitches... trust me ;)

Back