Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mothers basemet ceases trading. Who has lost money ?

gutted i po the ip 1/4 pf for £270 with there discount , oh well likes like a ss direct order, as it happens they were at collector mania selling stuff at rock bottom prices for cash , all makes sense now

£3,500?! :horror :slap

Damn! That's a big hit.

Liam wants you to feel sorry for him and his family :nono

I just hope the bank can recover half my loss via a Debit card chargeback otherwise I will be down the full 3.5k.

Oh how I wish I had used a credit card so I only have myself to blame in the long run.

Apparently they do but its not guaranteed unlike credit cards.

Thinking about it, I've been a fool, all other reputable companies dont charge until they ship so this should have raised a warning flag. In other words, Mothers Basement was nothing but a full scale drop-shipper, to start with, who enticed people in like me who was prepared to put their trust in them with their service, a great website and good discounts when compared to the established suppliers like FP etc
Its a sad day indeed for my own personal loss and all the other collectors out there who have been scammed and the industry as a whole as Im sure there will be people closing the door on collecting as I will be doing from this whole torrid affair.

I hope you manage to get some compensation if not all.

I payed in full for an item last April with CDUK. He offers a discount for full payment.
As soon as the item started shipping with issues I contacted him and received a full refund the next day.
Suppose thats the difference between an honest retailer and **** Turpin of the collectables world.

*Seriously? Richard Turpin then.

I hope you manage to get some compensation if not all.

I payed in full for an item last April with CDUK. He offers a discount for full payment.
As soon as the item started shipping with issues I contacted him and received a full refund the next day.
Suppose thats the difference between an honest retailer and **** Turpin of the collectables world.

*Seriously? Richard Turpin then.

This has changed the way I have decided to deal with any UK collectible company. I have paid CDUK in full in the past for some discount but yesterday was the first time I have used the layaway plan because at the end of the day we don't know the financials of any UK company. Take Modelzone. They were great with a large chain of high street shops and they went without much warning. I just lost some HT preorders then rather than actual cash but the point remains. The only company I have an outstanding fully paid order with is PCS itself for the he man 1/4. I suspect they might be a safe bet though.

BW all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice username ;)

Although i wasn't calling you a HT fanboy at all, i was just saying you were stating the obvious after saying you were trying really hard to not state the obvious

Not You, damn why is everything I say so confusing :mad:

Some guy in the Batman Premium Format thread said the statue made Hot Toys version look like a schoolgirl or something like that, and I said I thought that made no sense. And he just said your username says it all as a retort. I have about 8 pre-orders at the moment, 1 is a Hot Toys figure and the others are statues so I thought a change of name might stop people ignoring me in conversations about statues because they've decided my username makes my opinion moot.

If I was Captain Hindsight from the outset I would have realised this would have happened and never called myself HotToysUK.

I'm not sure that makes sense but, yeah.

Anyway, thanks for the new name Franky Boy.

This has changed the way I have decided to deal with any UK collectible company. I have paid CDUK in full in the past for some discount but yesterday was the first time I have used the layaway plan because at the end of the day we don't know the financials of any UK company. Take Modelzone. They were great with a large chain of high street shops and they went without much warning. I just lost some HT preorders then rather than actual cash but the point remains. The only company I have an outstanding fully paid order with is PCS itself for the he man 1/4. I suspect they might be a safe bet though.

Yeh. I will think hard about the way I order from now on.
I trust Lee but no one knows what's going to happen from one day to the next.
(Just a couple of hours ago I was told I had a tumour. Luckily it's benign!)
Is it worth that risk for a £20 saving?
All my pre-orders are direct at the moment so it's not a worry for me right now but non Exclusives are better sourced locally.

I appreciate that there is a lot of content in this thread but I think people need to read what's gone before instead of just turning up two days late and telling people what they need to do. No offence Dubby but everyone knows what to do, we all know about the Facebook group. People have already looked on companies house and everywhere else connected with the business. Changing to a Ltd Company a few weeks ago does not wash their hands of anything.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but this all kicked off on Sunday night, do you really think people still don't know this information by Wednesday evening?

This thread is just going round in circles like the facebook page.

I appreciate that there is a lot of content in this thread but I think people need to read what's gone before instead of just turning up two days late and telling people what they need to do. No offence Dubby but everyone knows what to do, we all know about the Facebook group. People have already looked on companies house and everywhere else connected with the business. Changing to a Ltd Company a few weeks ago does not wash their hands of anything.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but this all kicked off on Sunday night, do you really think people still don't know this information by Wednesday evening?

This thread is just going round in circles like the facebook page.

You're gonna love thread No. 2 then :lol

on face book now

I thought it would be a good idea to summarize all names and losses in one post. Write your total loss and I will add your name and loss to this list.

Total losses so far: £23,452.42

This is depressing.
The claim they were using the money to build up their business.
Looks like they were using it to build up their conservatory.

Back