Most wanted "Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Hobbit:AUJ are you most looking forward to seeing/owning?

• Bilbo Baggins

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Gandalf

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Thorin Oakenshield

Votes: 47 38.8%
  • Azog the Defiler

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • The Great Goblin

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Gollum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwalin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Balin

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other Dwarf

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other Orc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Azog does nothing for me. He looks like just another wannabe Orc. Give me a Radagast, Thranduil, or Thorin.

Azog does nothing for me. He looks like just another wannabe Orc. Give me a Radagast, Thranduil, or Thorin.

+1 and Hallelujah. I think people are nuts asking for an Azog but like I said way above I am sure SS will be happy to comply. When was the last time SS took a swing at a humanoid PF in this line? Maybe the ills of likeness past are behind us and something awesome (and how about a little different as well) could result. I'd like to see a fancy dwarf myself.

I'd love a dwarf in the pose Weta used for Balin, strong, powerful, ready to pounce. But Thorin never did much of that in the film, not that that really means anything, so it seems less likely we get a pose like that here. AND I do really think that Thorin will be the next Tolkien PF we see, followed by an Azog for sure.

*Other Dwarf*

Meaning either Thrain or Thror. Or in fact any of the Erebor nobility, as long as they choose a character to show of those wonderfull, geometric, intricate dwarven armour plates designs. The multilayerd armour + fabrics + hair beards (not sculpted) + general stockiness of the Dwarven posture = one impressive looking PF.

tumblr_mk125dmPpX1s3pka1o1_500.jpg

Alternatively Thorin. But only if they nail the kingly, dignified badassery of Armitage (the Weta statue kind of didn't imho).

Last edited:
They will most likely start with Azog that weighs 4 lbs then proceed to do every orc shown on screen down to goblintown archer #17.

Maybe SS could chime in and give us some actual news on what they have planned... It's been almost 4 months and still not a peep.

at this rate the first piece may not even be in hand by the time the next movie comes out. I suspect this will be a small, short-lived line: Thorin, a few bad guys, Smaug would be nice but not in 1:4 scale. I can't see much support within or outside of SS for a Bilbo or Gandalf given the "hobbits don't sell" vibe and the number of Gandalf statues they have made already.

For Thorin they could make a PF of him standing atop the Moria battlefield. He looked badass and that would eliminate the need to figure out how to do his furs at that scale.

tumblr_mflkh6RUMH1qdqa5do1_500.jpg

Maybe do a complimentary Azog from that battle as well (unless they want to go the warg route.)

Well on a second thought, I would be also happy with Azog on Warg PF. I just wonder if it would be so underestimated like LOTR Gothmog on Warg :)

Back