Most Wanted Disney collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever the case may be, and whatever the argument a customer might have for the Disney product selling, SS and Disney must obviously not see it the same way, otherwise they'd be making more Disney PFs. Why would they miss a business opportunity? There must be something there to them that's not worth putting too much into if they aren't willing to make the effort. Either way, sucks for us.

Unfortunately, this is definitely true. Disney is certainly willing to throw a fan a bone once in a while, but for the most part their money making process is basically perfected.

This isn't a jaded "DISNEY SUCKZ NOW MARVEL ISNT KEWLIEZ~~" post - I love Disney to perverse levels. But I'm also okay with being realistic.

Unfortunately, this is definitely true. Disney is certainly willing to throw a fan a bone once in a while, but for the most part their money making process is basically perfected.

This isn't a jaded "DISNEY SUCKZ NOW MARVEL ISNT KEWLIEZ~~" post - I love Disney to perverse levels. But I'm also okay with being realistic.

Yeah no doubt they must have a reason.

It does suck as it would be fantastic to get some new pieces, especially some overlooked one. I mean it would even be great to get potential new buyers to get hooked, and essentially expand their customer base.

I'd be interested to know their reason.

Hi. I love the Disney movie 20,000 Leagues. Most of my life I've wanted a model of the Nautilus,
as I've been fascinated by its deseign. I finally got 31" model, made from a beautifully detailed
Icons mold. There are whole groups online devoted to discussing, building, and buying that model.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with licensing the characters to Sideshow and only getting a fraction of the potential profit versus doing it in-house, putting out a sub-par product, and slowly but surely make slightly improved versions over the course of many years to maximize their profits over time. That's how they've done business for a while and I don't really see them changing that when there are stockholders who need a new beach house in Maui. Marvel and Lucasfilm have a little more flexibility due to Disney allowing them a certain level of autonomy. Granted, I know that sounds pretty negative, but it is a potential reality. Disney churns out statues through several companies ( WDCC, Disney Store, etc.) but either the quality is poor in terms of paint applications or sculpt, they aren't very detailed, or they're just too small.

Whatever the reason, I just hope we do see some more. Right now after "Frozen" it'd be dumb not to capitalize on it. I mean we got Anna and Elsa coming on OUAT, so why not get some statues of other classics like Sleeping Beauty, Dumbo, Bambi and etc.

I just want a AnJo Malificent in 1:4 :lol

They need to keep the Disney Pf coming. These characters are classic

Disney is done for now with SS, they couldn't give them away to general public lol. Nothing more for now, hopefully later because we wanted Princess PF!

Yeah saw your question man. I should've answered you for her Lol. I asked about the Disney line like over 6 months ago. It totally sucks. There are so many amazing characters that need to be visited

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yeah saw your question man. I should've answered you for her Lol. I asked about the Disney line like over 6 months ago. It totally sucks. There are so many amazing characters that need to be visited

I know! Im a huge princess fan (had 4 older sisters and thats all we watched) so to have gotten them in pf would have been sick. Especially since I really enjoyed the paint job on the JSC comis. Id even love some of his iterations for grimm or disney.

For those wondering, Alex said pretty much to be a lost cause. For now; I hope.

I basically assumed that a good 12 months or so ago. Which means should it ever be revisited and I have a chance to get my most wanted (Snow White, Belle, Ariel), I'll likely be totally stuffed as I'll no longer have any more room for them.

I just don't understand, how a line that did all sell out, is now hard to get (just try to buy the Evil Queen or Jessica at retail price, good luck :lol) can be dropped almost as soon as it was started.

I know! Im a huge princess fan (had 4 older sisters and thats all we watched) so to have gotten them in pf would have been sick. Especially since I really enjoyed the paint job on the JSC comis. Id even love some of his iterations for grimm or disney.

I love em all. I'd love those ladies with the mixed media they'd be epic. I've been collecting Disney movies since I was like 9 and haven't stopped. Picked up Jungle Book, Mary Poppins and Frozen on Blu Ray recently
I basically assumed that a good 12 months or so ago. Which means should it ever be revisited and I have a chance to get my most wanted (Snow White, Belle, Ariel), I'll likely be totally stuffed as I'll no longer have any more room for them.

I just don't understand, how a line that did all sell out, is now hard to get (just try to buy the Evil Queen or Jessica at retail price, good luck :lol) can be dropped almost as soon as it was started.
Oh man not even just the ladies. Imagine the Beast as a PF or Aladdin with a fabric carpet as an Ex? Jeez man I'd die for more of those Disney PFs but sadly its probably gone. However, with Disney taking over Marvel, SS and Disney could work out a deal to get some more PFs going

Yeah what sucks is that I just started about back in January. So I completely missed Jessica and E.Q and Maleficent. And like I said, after seeing how crazy Frozen is doing, and now things like Grimm and Once Upon a Time are doing, I'd be surprised if they weren't making stuff. Just a shame. I will say as much as I love some of the people I currently have in possession, I would dedicate time, money, and space to get some of these Disney characters in PF form.

I love em all. I'd love those ladies with the mixed media they'd be epic. I've been collecting Disney movies since I was like 9 and haven't stopped. Picked up Jungle Book, Mary Poppins and Frozen on Blu Ray recently

Oh man not even just the ladies. Imagine the Beast as a PF or Aladdin with a fabric carpet as an Ex? Jeez man I'd die for more of those Disney PFs but sadly its probably gone. However, with Disney taking over Marvel, SS and Disney could work out a deal to get some more PFs going

I know right! So hard to decide on who I like best, and I hear you, I just invested about 300 bucks to get all of em in mint sealed condition of the new Diamond Editions. I just got Hercules and Tarzan, and Sleeping Beauty is upcoming for me.

Beast would be awesome, they should make him as big as some of these Hulks! Also that fabric carpet would be killer, or maybe a scimitar as a bonus with an exchangable hand of the lamp with a bit of the Genie's blue light coming out like Kier. I can only hope Disney does something. Or hopefully someone elses who is dedicated picks up the license.

Oh man not even just the ladies. Imagine the Beast as a PF or Aladdin with a fabric carpet as an Ex?

From the moment the PF line was announced, Beast and Belle (along with Jessica) was my first wants.

I could just picture Belle, with Ex Mrs Pots and Chip and then Beast, with Ex Cogsworth and Lumiere, all at matching 1/4 scale with flowing fabric for Belle's dress and Beast cloak, etc.

It would have looked so darn awesome. No doubt not cheap and take up a bit of space, but I wouldn't care.

From the moment the PF line was announced, Beast and Belle (along with Jessica) was my first wants.

I could just picture Belle, with Ex Mrs Pots and Chip and then Beast, with Ex Cogsworth and Lumiere, all at matching 1/4 scale with flowing fabric for Belle's dress and Beast cloak, etc.

It would have looked so darn awesome. No doubt not cheap and take up a bit of space, but I wouldn't care.

:exactly:

Seriously, it would be absolutely stunning to have had em. Besides I could see them probably going for 350-400 a pop. If that was the case, they better be damn amazing. Cause PFs like Emma and Jean are concerning that they are costing 360.

To be honest I'm not sure why they never did the Princesses as a line. They must still be able to. Honestly I'd buy them all. The faces would look just like the movies and the outfits would be amazing! They'd probably do their regular versions and an exclusive variant for each princess in their regular gear. They should do PFs of their movies with animals. Like The Lion King and The Jungle Book.

Back