Most Under-Valued Marvel Piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Andy sculpted that head and it looks amazing! I love the facial sculpt on that piece. If anything it's the paint job, but nothing like a guy like you can fix.

I love his Hulk, but it doesn't necessarily mean everything he touches is gold. I don't think it's a bad sculpt. I just think it lacks expression. I'm not sure paint could fix that. It would be worth a try though.

I don't think everything he touches is gold either. There are a lot of SS pieces that make me shudder, but in this particular case I disagree with you, I think it is an amazing looking piece with a great headsculpt. The way he's posed, his whole entire look, the head and everything about it compliment eachother.

But that's what opinions are for I guess and why not everyone will agree with the next. Just like I am not a fan of the Green Goblin piece. It looks good and all, but I was never a big fan of the character design.

Gruson said:
Wolverine Comiquette.

Best Wolverine statue ever and getting hard to find.

Get it while you can at a reasonable price.

That's what I did :D

It's getting harder and harder to find even the regular. Give this another 6 months and it'll be closer to $300.

I got my triples of this bad-boy; swooped in and grabbed 2 more at around 300 shipped. I could be wrong, but hey, I managed to grab a few other "sleepers" that turned out well...

As for the PFs, only Doom and Gray Hulk have appealed to me. As for the CAP PF...welp, the exclusive isn't iconic enough for me and the regular ES is out of my comfort zone.

Darth Loki said:
That's what I did :D

It's getting harder and harder to find even the regular. Give this another 6 months and it'll be closer to $300.
By then the PF will have been announced and the comiquette will be selling for less than retail. :D

Khev said:
By then the PF will have been announced and the comiquette will be selling for less than retail. :D

PF works for a lot of items but I don't see a Wolverine PF looking as good as the comiquette.

I agree.. Wolvie Comiquette is the most under-rated Sideshow Marvel piece and is the best wolvie out there..

Also agree it works best as a comiquette.. PFs seem to excite the "doll" collectors more so than the "art" collectors..

just curious, what's the difference between a comiquette and maquette?

Khev said:

They already have a Logan PF. It better be a long time before we see a Wolverine PF.

He's already been done in, VS series, PF, maquette, and we know he's going to be part of the X-Men VS Sentinel #3.

Enough Wolverine already.

PFs seem to excite the "doll" collectors more than the "art" collectors

Art? Please. I love this stuff, but if I were really into art collecting I wouldn't give polystone a second look. PF's excite the 1/6ers who want someting different. Statues are for the statue collectors. Most people end up with both I would think.

Gruson said:
PF works for a lot of items but I don't see a Wolverine PF looking as good as the comiquette.
I definitely agree with that if they did a PF with the same costume. The one thing that could put the PF over the top would be if it was his brown suit.

I prefer the brown suit as well. It's the ultimate "loner" standalone outfit. I feel any of the yellow costumes works best in the context of an X-Men scene.

Logan PF! :rock

You gotta love the kick ass cigar smoking, leather jacket and jeans wearing Logan over the pajama wearing Wolverine. :monkey3

customizerwannabe said:
Which is the next piece to take off? The "sleeper" in your opinion. I feel the most undervalued is
9004.jpg

Low ES, major characters, and an upcoming PF that will cause it to skyrocket.
Aren't you selling this on ebay? Was something wrong with it?

I certainly see the sculpts as art.. Do you not consider the sculpters true artists?.. Art comes in many forms friend..

I certainly do. However, when I think of the term "art collector", personally I don't think of people buying this stuff. As everything else here, a matter of opinion.

customizerwannabe said:
Which is the next piece to take off? The "sleeper" in your opinion. I feel the most undervalued is
9004.jpg

customizerwannabe said:
9004.jpg

This is how I see things will shape out:
1) PF will cause dio's price to remain flat--too much product on market.
2) Overtime, the "float" (# for sale on the market) will diminish; with 450, I expect it happen.
3) Captain America Movie comes out and we get a nice momentary bump.
4) Lastly--and this what I'm actually counting on--Sideshow's Comic Con exhibit will have a VS. display that will gradually become more and more impressive. With more and more exposure, collectors will eventually want to track this item down.

It'll be comatose for awhile--; ie. I see it as a long-term hold =)

Back