Most Disturbing Scenes??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobo with a Shotgun is a comedy though.

You should stay away from God Bless America. The main character, in a dream sequence, shoots a baby with a shotgun. :lol I laughed. It's so absurd, and wasn't played to be serious.

It's all about the tone.

I don't know. It was like a combination of it all. I sat through it, but, between the creepy ****ing characters, the over the top gore, and the tacky neon, it proved too much for me. It's weird, sometimes I can watch the stuff, other times, I can't. I think HWAS was a combination of the above stuff, and that I found it to be really stupid. I actually kind of wanted to see that last one, though. It looked amusing. Not sure about that last part, though.

It was kinda supposed to be stupid. It's supposed to be a really bad B-Movie exploitation flick from the 70's. Trash. It's all a part of the joke.

Huh, I'm glad I never watched any of those flicks. Well, I watched The Toxic Avenger, but that was about it. Now that you mention it, they do seem kind of similar in tone. I'm just curious how Rutger Hauer can go from Ridley Scott and Chris Nolan to that.:lol

I get it from a technical standpoint, but, why gore? There's plenty of other impressive stuff that can be done in the VFX department sans dismemberment? I was half joking about the "judging" thing, but I really am genuinely curious about the fascination. I mean, going back to the technical standpoint, if people were, say, basing it on accuracy, how would they know what's accurate? I know the internet's a very expansive place with some dark corners, but I'd certainly hope people aren't comparing this stuff to *actual* violence.

I guess is kind of like the question of "Why do you want to see a man in a mask murder 12 teenagers with an ax
or a hatchet?

Why do people watch movies about some guy killing people one by one?
(Im not being sarcastic, that's what a lot of people wonder about horror fans all the time)

People ask that question to horror lovers a lot sometimes. Why do people want to see Jason kill other people? like, what's the fascination with blood and murder and serial killers and victims?
I don't know. Im not talking about gore here. But that is another question that horror fans get.

As for Gore, I think part of it might be that people might always be curious to see stuff like that but too scared to see it in real life.
People might feel curious about what it would be like to see a body being cut in half or something. And horror movies that have gore in it might let you see it in a way that is safe, fake, and no one is getting hurt for real.... I don't know, Just wondering about it.
It kind of makes me think of a Roller Coaster ride. You are experiencing some heavy thrills but in a safe environment.

Last edited:
Huh, I'm glad I never watched any of those flicks. Well, I watched The Toxic Avenger, but that was about it. Now that you mention it, they do seem kind of similar in tone. I'm just curious how Rutger Hauer can go from Ridley Scott and Chris Nolan to that.:lol

Because he enjoys having some fun. And the role was fun for him to play.

I Loved hobo with a Shotgun. It was hilarious.
that's one of the only movies that has made me actually scream from shock and laughter. Some of the stuff in that movie was so over the top I couldn't believe it.

It was awesome lol

I guess is kind of like the question of "Why do you want to see a man in a mask murder 12 teenagers with an ax
or a hatchet?

(Im not being sarcastic, that's what a lot of people wonder about horror fans all the time)

People ask that question to horror lovers a lot sometimes. Why do people want to see Jason kill other people? like, what's the fascination with blood and murder and serial killers and victims?
I don't know. Im not talking about gore here. But that is another question that horror fans get.

As for Gore, I think part of it might be that people might always be curious to see stuff like that but too scared to see it in real life.
People might feel curious about what it would be like to see a body being cut in half or something. And horror movies that have gore in it might let you see it in a way that is safe, fake, and no one is getting hurt for real.... I don't know, Just wondering about it.
It kind of makes me think of a Roller Coaster ride. You are experiencing some heavy thrills but in a safe environment.

It's fun to watch fake death and murder on the screen. We're savage creatures. Horror films allow us to spurge on this part of our nature, within the bounds of the legal system, and rationality. Plus most horror fans are some of the sweetest, nicest people known to the fandom, apperently. Just because they watch some ****ed up movies, doesn't mean they are necessarily ****ed up.

We have to indulge our monster sometimes. But thankfully, most of us do it in a manner that doesn't bother anyone else physically.

Plus, how can you not laugh at this. :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLFKmx3p1Ic[/ame]

or a hatchet?

I wonder the same thing. I just don't get the fascination with slasher film staples like Jason and Freddy. I don't see the point of it. I mean, it'd be different if they could be killed, but what's the point of watching a flick where the bad guy always wins? No overcoming adversity, nothing, just, the last man standing either has to run or the bad guy pops out and guts him?

If I was to go all meta, I'd say that it's a metaphorical way for people to cope with their own mortality. The villain of the film being death, and the twelve horny camp counselors being each and every one of us waiting for our turn.

Also, this scene, is another great gore scene. It's hard to watch, visceral, and completely unexpected....well, if you haven't seen the trailer. It's also the only good scene in the film.

I appreciate it on all the levels it has to offer. Being genuinely horrifying, and visually impressive.

Is hard to watch so...From Mirrors.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1qmJS_xy5c[/ame]

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to click play. That being said, as far as disturbing goes, The Andrew Show takes the cake!

It's fun to watch fake death and murder on the screen. We're savage creatures. Horror films allow us to spurge on this part of our nature, within the bounds of the legal system, and rationality. Plus most horror fans are some of the sweetest, nicest people known to the fandom, apperently. Just because they watch some ****ed up movies, doesn't mean they are necessarily ****ed up.

We have to indulge our monster sometimes. But thankfully, most of us do it in a manner that doesn't bother anyone else physically.

Plus, how can you not laugh at this. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLFKmx3p1Ic

those are good points. I also think is a morbid curiosity with wanting to see violence and gore from a safe place.

I wondered that, too. If it wasn't to satiate some underlying primal urge that we hadn't been totally rid of by way of evolution. There are a lot of possibilities. It's more entertaining, to me, to debate them, rather than watch this stuff.:lol

I wondered that, too. If it wasn't to satiate some underlying primal urge that we hadn't been totally rid of by way of evolution. There are a lot of possibilities. It's more entertaining, to me, to debate them, rather than watch this stuff.:lol

I wouldn't watch Gore just for the same of gore. But if a movie has it it kind of makes things more intense and interesting. (Specially if the movie is not horror)

If something has a good plot, and it's something that interests me, I'll watch it. Even if there is some gore, providing it's not gratuitous to the point of being reliant on it.

Back on topic, though, I saw Oldboy. That was pretty freaky deaky.

Not a disturbing scene but a disturbing movie imo.

I saw Flowers in The Attic as a kid and it scared the hell out of me. Watched it tonight and still found it disturbing.

The score, the grandmothers crazy religious fanatism, the kids starving, the little boy dying and the mother just not giving a **** let alone trying to kill them.

I just found the subject matter so sad & horrid.

Back