Most Depressing Movies You've ever watched

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The road is reality...it just hasn't happened yet...at least till the Yellowstone Supervolcano blows

which might be soon due to the earthquakes going on.

soon.... it might be soon friends

It's been mentioned several times throughout this thread, but The Road is a fantastically underrated film. I'd watch this movie over any Marvel or other mainstream movie ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Less Than Zero. Maybe? Grave of the Fireflies was probably worse. I don't like to think about it.

Never seen most of these. I tend to avoid depressing movies. Depressing sucks. It takes you someplace where if you know anything about it from experience, you have little need for it in art. A well told story is a well told story, but I prefer to not be that detached from what I'm watching and I have no desire to indulge in metaphysical nausea.

Less Than Zero. Maybe? Grave of the Fireflies was probably worse. I don't like to think about it.

Never seen most of these. I tend to avoid depressing movies. Depressing sucks. It takes you someplace where if you know anything about it from experience, you have little need for it in art. A well told story is a well told story, but I prefer to not be that detached from what I'm watching and I have no desire to indulge in metaphysical nausea.

Agreed. Unless I've already seen it this thread has given me a list of films never to watch. :lol

I've seen Grave of the Fireflies because I am voracious when it comes to art based on WWII. Less Than Zero is pretty much pure glam and brilliantly so, but what it turns into when the make up is removed is hideous. It was depressing as a teenager to see the neon shining from the west coast turn to poison like that.

Otherwise, I'm neither masochistic nor morbidly curious. If I'm going to expose myself to evil on purpose, it will have lots of blood and boobs.

Lovely bones. Being a dad to a wonderful daughter, I cannot imagine going through that. Like my worst fear.

Reminds me - The Notebook. Saw it once and it really got me down.
I love it. :lol
The book's story is very realistic, the adaptation is quality.
Watching it helps me a lot when I can't shake off certain bad memories.

Unless I've already seen it this thread has given me a list of films never to watch. :lol
Watch 'Dancer in the Dark' at least, it's a great film.
Never touch 'Grave of the Fireflies' tho, there's nothing good about it.

Back