Most Famous Person You’ve Actually Seen/Met in the Flesh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this counts, but when I was a baby, Muhammad Ali lived in our apartment building before he was Champ and my Mother always held that he would say Hi to me by name whenever Mom and he passed in the hallways, which is pretty impressive because QuiGonFishing doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue…

IMG_6725.jpeg

Happened to be thinking about this thread and I remembered that at the same hotel (2016, Portland, Maine) Bud Bundy was a regular at the bar on the roof.

There's been a few, to varying degrees of fame.
My favorite was meeting Jake The Snake Roberts. Chatted him up at NYCC, then was shocked later on that evening to see him plug my book and follow me on Instagram.
1000000403.jpg

I've met a LOT of celebrities at conventions and stuff over the years. Rarely have I accidentally come across any. The only other time I can think of was at a concert, where I passed by the band Lit and they wanted a photo with me because of my shirt (see below)
1000001314.jpg

Does Howard Zinn count? Had breakfast with him once, but whatever.

In November 1974, I came home from the hospital as a newborn to my parents’ apartment on Alicia Rd in Dorchester, MA. There was another family living on that street at the time, named Wahlberg.

Last edited:
Harrison Ford is probably to coolest famous person I've met. I'm an aircraft mechanic (2nd career!) and he flew his Citation in to Knoxville for fuel. Chatted with him for about 30 minutes. He struck up conversation with me while I serviced his plane, and not once did we talk about his fame/films. He was genuinely more interested in learning about me and telling jokes. Not what I was expecting!

Attachments

• 20200503_150343.jpg
    20200503_150343.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 0
Met Jeremy Bulloch at a convention in Knoxville not long ago and had pics taken with him in my ESB Boba kit. Daniel Logan was there as well. Later ended up having lunch with Jeremy and his wife that day. Sadly, this was Jeremy's last US stop before passing away a few months later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221128_210308.jpg
    Screenshot_20221128_210308.jpg
    883.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221128_210352.jpg
    Screenshot_20221128_210352.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20200502-104832_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200502-104832_Gallery.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180702_021149.jpg
    20180702_021149.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180702_021037.jpg
    20180702_021037.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Met Jeremy Bulloch at a convention in Knoxville not long ago and had pics taken with him in my ESB Boba kit. Daniel Logan was there as well. Later ended up having lunch with Jeremy and his wife that day. Sadly, this was Jeremy's last US stop before passing away a few months later.
I met him in the 90's and he signed my copy of The Star Wars Chronicles.

Harrison Ford is probably to coolest famous person I've met. I'm an aircraft mechanic (2nd career!) and he flew his Citation in to Knoxville for fuel. Chatted with him for about 30 minutes. He struck up conversation with me while I serviced his plane, and not once did we talk about his fame/films. He was genuinely more interested in learning about me and telling jokes. Not what I was expecting!

Too cool :love:

I’ve met a bunch of people being in NYC. The most famous celeb was Bruce Dickenson of Iron Maiden.

And in case you guys were wondering, Bruce was signing the first edition of his new comic series (The Mandrake Project) and the Piece of Mind art book a few weeks ago at Midtown Comics downtown. I literally carried all of my Maiden vinyls to the signing - only to be told that he was only signing the comics that day due to a last minute rule change 😆. It was still great meeting him, though.

IMG_2447.jpeg

Back