Most Famous Person You’ve Actually Seen/Met in the Flesh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Most famous person you’ve actually seen/met (or have a serious ongoing relationship with if applicable).

I’ll go first. Terry Farrell!

IMG_6679.png

Don’t make a list, just name one at a time and we’ll keep it going!

Charlie Cox came to the Funko booth when I worked there to thank us for some donations we had made to his charity. He is just a delightful human being as can be.

Michael Rooker is probably a close second.....not in "fame", but in as much as he was just a joy to be around.
IMG_8122.JPG

I met Axl Rose once.

I met Denzel Washington once.

Had a very brief chat with Marlon Wayans at Meltdown Comics in Hollywood.

Across the street at Guitar Center I saw Kim and Thurston from Sonic Youth, and Zach de la Rocha from Rage.

Saw Giovanni Ribisi at a concert.

I met Sherilyn Fenn at a comic convention.

If you wanna talk comic book legends, I've seen or met plenty: Frank Miller, Katushiro Otomo, John Byrne, Art Adams, Neal Adams, Denny O'Neil, Simon Bisley, Walt and Louise Simonson, Howard Chaykin...the number of legends that attend the Baltimore Comic Con is unreal.

In terms of sheer fame though, the most famous was probably Denzel.

Or Axl.

Ian McDiarmid is the most famous I’ve met. He came to a con that was semi local and my wife and I met him. Got a picture and autograph. Met a few other celebrities that day but he was the biggest name.

I worked at an art gallery years ago right next to the Hollywood hills, lots of famous people (or assistants) came through to buy art / gifts.

Michael Madsen.
Delivered a large framed piece to his office off of sunset blvd floors up, wrestled that thing up the side stairwell. When it was all over he gave me a shot of something, we laughed then I went back to work.

Richard Roundtree, R.I.P.
Quentin Tarantino
Leonardo DiCaprio, big art guy.
Rodney Barnes
Rondell Sheridan
Jonathan Winters, Funny FUNNY guy.
Rosanna Arquette
David Arquette, pretty cool guy
Courtney Cox
KRS1, big tall dude.
Everlast and Danny Boy.
Steve White, comedian. Another Funny one.
John Tempesta

There are more, these are just the people I remember.
What I can say is despite celebrity status they were all pretty normal (for the most part), what was weird were the people following them around, trying to get something from them to profit from one way or another. They were freaks, literally small groups with walkies tracking their movements, i.e. DiCaprio.

"Don’t make a list, just name one at a time and we’ll keep it going!"

comic book guys:
John Byrne @ multiple conventions in Chicago, early 80's. Got him to draw 3 pencil drawings for me. This was after X-men run and during Fantastic Four run
Terry Austin, super nice guy, got him to ink my Byrne drawing of Conan
Marshall Rogers - huge ego
Howard Chaykin - not a chatty guy
Bill Sienkiewicz at the tail end of his Moon Knight run. Dude sat on his feet for hours,, which was weird, but really nice. Got him to make me a MK drawing
Berni Wrightson - My idol. Always wanted to meet that guy and finally did at a convention in NJ. Extremely nice man, total life memory for me.

Berni Wrightson - My idol. Always wanted to meet that guy and finally did at a convention in NJ. Extremely nice man, total life memory for me.
Yes, I meet him as well, along with many other artists. He was a really nice guy and extremely talented. Still one of if not my favorite illustrators. He brought work in to sell occasionally. I had a pencil drawing of the creature from the black lagoon, sold it years ago... I try not to think of it to much as I'll never get it back...

Mark Texeria at the first Stan Lee Comikaze convention in L.A.
Got two portrait drawings of DD and Ghost Rider, that was cool...

Last edited:
Back in the 90s my wife and I were on a flight from Rome to London with Eric Clapton & Sheryl Crow. The only reason we knew is because there was a mechanical issue before takeoff and the plane returned to the gate and we had to disembark and go back inside the terminal. As we walked by where they were sitting it was impossible to not notice them - let's just say they had no problem with PDAs lol...

Back