Most Depressing Movies You've ever watched

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intro to Up. Powerful stuff.

Not a movie, but Sons of Anarchy, Season 7, Episode 11. Damn, what a gut wrenching episode......

The Crow because of Brandon Lee being killed while filming it. Love the film, but but it's sad that you're seeing his last work just as he was hitting stardom and about to get married.....

Of those I've seen:

Dancer In The Dark. Incredibly depressing but very thoughtful.

Oldboy. Very engaging and entertaining with incredibly depressing finale.

The Green Mile. Man has killed the miracle...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's very unique.

__

I hate movies like "Hotaru no haka", they're very artificial.

Fairly blooding depressing I tought ...but was a good watch.
image.jpg

Reminds me - The Notebook. Saw it once and it really got me down.

I don't know why girls love such depressing stuff. Same with Greys Anatomy, depressing deaths over and over again, they lap it up.

The most silent I've ever heard a room when the movie was over. American sniper

The most depressing movie I have ever seen, and still haunts me till this day is called "Johnny Got His Gun."

Wiki plot summary:

Joe Bonham (Bottoms), a young American soldier hit by an artillery shell during World War I, lies in a hospital bed. He is a quadruple amputee who has also lost his eyes, ears, mouth and nose. He remains conscious and able to reason, but his wounds render him a prisoner in his own body. As he drifts between reality and fantasy, he remembers his old life with his family and girlfriend (Kathy Fields). He also forms a bond, of sorts, with a young nurse (Diane Varsi) who senses his plight.
At the end of the film, Joe tries to communicate to his doctors, via Morse code, and wishes for the Army to either put him in a glass coffin in a freak show as a demonstration of the horrors of war, or kill him. In the end, however, he realizes that the Army will grant neither wish, and will leave him in a state of living death.

The most depressing movie I have ever seen, and still haunts me till this day is called "Johnny Got His Gun."

Wiki plot summary:

Joe Bonham (Bottoms), a young American soldier hit by an artillery shell during World War I, lies in a hospital bed. He is a quadruple amputee who has also lost his eyes, ears, mouth and nose. He remains conscious and able to reason, but his wounds render him a prisoner in his own body. As he drifts between reality and fantasy, he remembers his old life with his family and girlfriend (Kathy Fields). He also forms a bond, of sorts, with a young nurse (Diane Varsi) who senses his plight.
At the end of the film, Joe tries to communicate to his doctors, via Morse code, and wishes for the Army to either put him in a glass coffin in a freak show as a demonstration of the horrors of war, or kill him. In the end, however, he realizes that the Army will grant neither wish, and will leave him in a state of living death.

That or locked-in syndrome, I'm not sure I can think of anything worse. I think I'd want to die.

A lot of people saying The Road. Have to agree. Bloody hell, that is some bleak ****. Saw it a few years ago, but can't ever see myself watching it again.

into the wild (based on a true story)

127 hours (based on a true story)

well there are movies that have depressing endings but they were only depressing at the end

Ginger Snaps

The Mist

The Skeleton Key

Se7en

The Descent

We Need To Talk About Kevin

Brokeback Mountain

Marley & Me

Back