Mos Eisley: Chalmun's Cantina 1/6 Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love every single SDCC 1:6 announcement except this one...:(

I checked the relevant movie scenes and realise this piece isn't done with screen accuracy in mind. Much like the Jabba Palace piece its a combo of various features from the cantina. I am actually refering to the interior here.

Edit:
I wonder would fans prefer 1/6 environment to be screen accurate or simply a representation of the set is good enough.
I am all for screen accuracy.

Last edited:
Screen accuracy is important but i admit i'm looking forward to use this set to display a couple of my 12" vene if it's not 100% accurate.

Then again. I could be wrong. I might not have been able to spot the particular scene that Sideshow has chosen.

Then again. I could be wrong. I might not have been able to spot the particular scene that Sideshow has chosen.

Well, the window is innacurate for sure. There's none i the movie cantina. The rest of the design is probably taken from different ANH shots.

Well, the window is innacurate for sure. There's none i the movie cantina. The rest of the design is probably taken from different ANH shots.

Guys, guys - it's from this scene right here:

HanvsGreedoshowschairswell.jpg

See the window off to the right? The deco on the wall? The reason you probably haven't recognized it is that SSC has yet to set it up correctly. The first image released had the booth rotated 90 degrees from where it should be; at SDCC, they have the freakin' Modal Nodes hanging out in this scene! To make it look right, use the seats from Nadon's nook AND the Han/Greedo table set (2 seats per side), along with the table from that set, centered. I love the window treatment, because if you display this in a dark room, the illuminated widow will look light daylight outside, while the Cantina will seem dimly lit!

I stand corrected. I didn't remember the source light in that scene came from a window.

Its a pretty cool piece and honestly the inaccuracy of it is fine since they are able to give you two working sides in one dio piece. And this at least looks like the Cantina versus the random chunk of a wall that was shown with Gartogg.

Sure, but its one-sided... this one, because of its odd design, allows you to have a front and back that kind of work together, but can also make for their own display.

Have any of you gone over to the customs board and seen how accurate Dorgmal Snow's booth is?

Dorg's Cantina absolutely rocks! I aspire to his level of craftsmanship as a customizer and with lots of practice, I could maybe get there in 10-15 years or so. Since I'm not there yet and I'm assuming he can't make everyone a custom Cantina, I'll probably have to settle for the SSC piece. :lol IF I don't go bankrupt, first... :wink1:

So if you bought all of the necessary pieces to complete this scene you'd be spending around $500...

So if you bought all of the necessary pieces to complete this scene you'd be spending around $500...

Well, it depends of how far you wanna go or what scene you want to repro...

Cantina Environment
Mos Esiley Cantina set
Han
Greedo
Momaw Nadon
Nadon's nook cantina set
Frigin' Dan
Cantina Band set 1
Cantina Band set 2
Extra Fringin' Dan to complete the band

You can add a few bucks in your math!!

And this is just INSIDE the cantina:rotfl