Mos Eisley: Chalmun's Cantina 1/6 Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beautiful environment, against a small question, is what the rest of the scenery behind it, will also be offered later ???

anyone else think of mixing gi joe enviroments w any of the cantina , i think could match up ...

Mos Eisley – Chalmun’s Cantina Photo Gallery And Pre-Order Information:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=36147

100047_press03-001.jpg

Nice photos! Thanks for posting. Looks like the lights work!

Still not sure how I feel about the "picture" window graphics.

not sure if this has been asked but..........is there a floor/base?

maybe they are looking at future pieces like another matching alcove & an eventual bar that they can all set on. but still that is a bit strange not to have a floor........:cuckoo:

IMO the floor would be an unnecessary cost increase. To make it stable you're talking at least 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Otherwise it would break when you move it. Just find a piece of tile or linoleum to put under this.

Wish it had the entire inside arch. It doesn't apear as though Greedo even sits in the chair across from han. when they show him dead on, you can see the cantina patrons behind him on his left.

This is cool but debating on getting it. If we knew it was the first of multiple parts then sure But I doubt we'll be that lucky.

$250 ? lulz
Will people look back on this moment as the point where the 1/6 figure market officially went insane?

It is pretty big though - pasted hefty Gammy in there in scale. Not as good a value as the Indiana Jones Tanis piece.

Floor would have been nice, but the chairs would have been half off the floor, or the floor would have to have been way outside the walls. And it's not like it's difficult to make one.

I really hope they begin to think of Cantina and Jabba pieces as modular elements that fit together though to make one cohesive piece. Makes the overall display less piecemeal if you choose to do so.

Picture87.png

hey if you love it, more power to you man :hi5:

Personally I think its way overpriced for what is essentially a tiny section of a wall.....at least the Indy map room piece will look impressive with Indy standing on top, but to each their own.

I don't love it. Size aside, the overall problem with these generic stucco wall pieces (Jabba or Cantina) is unless they are made somehow cool/complex, either through added goodies or complex architecture/styling, they don't feel like a good value.

Gartogg arch would have been improved if it had some more wall details - the Palace has tauntaun heads and all kinds of cool stuff on the walls. The Cantina only has that flashing blue entry box and the bar, but this piece could come with Kabe to value it up.

A cool but simple figure available nowhere else (Yuzzum with the arch, Dice Ibegon with Cantina chairs) would make these sets a bit better value.

It's also the roughness of architecture - it's not like these are really complex finishes. Few people could build build a Star Destroyer corrider. Curved ceiling aside, this piece looks like something an average collector could probably create with some plywood or polystrene sheeting with stucco type paint over it.

I love that SSC is doing these, I just think the choices they are making (yes, including pricepoint) are going to doom these to the discount bin.

yeah...you just said in detail what I was thinking when I typed '$250 ? lulz' :clap

That's odd; not to have any kind of floor :huh

I thought if there is a raised floor, the floor area would restrict number of figures place on it. Now fans can put as many around the set as they like.:D

I am still 2 minded about getting this one... just thought its not exactly screen accurate.

I do not understand the price for this environment! Yoda's hut seems to be a more complex and comes with plenty of accessories for virtually the same price. I try to understand ...

If SSC paid any attention to the work in the custom forums, they would see EXACTLY what to do to sell these types of dioramas, even at the high pricepoint they want.

picture.php

Not screen accurate, but perfectly shrunk. Perfect size for a SSC piece. Look at those details - and this dio has lights and stairs behind the wall units. If SSC did this they'd get $250 for it. Or this...

picture.php

$250? Sold out at $250. On eBay for $350 the following year. Or this...

today004.jpg

$200? Betcha. Get some stormies on there on the SSC preview page. Presold out. Or this work in progress...

picture.php

Maybe too scene specific, a bit big, but interesting architecture. Get some chimes in there, Bubo, a sneaky Leia Boussh, maybe BG-J38's gambling console. Sold at $250? Done.

It's just weird seeing a company like SSC beginning to specialize into non-human figs, PF, busts and these dios and nailing all except the one opportunity collectors have to display their mind-blowingly good 2010's era figures in film context. Simply because of not enough creativity, design know-how, or vision for how to conceptualize and craft a line that will excite collectors.

I worry that once the dios they have done have sat around for two years and not sold, they'll be like "people don't want dios" and move on.

Sounds great but how did you come up with those prices. Obviously your not going to get those for $250 when your getting much smaller items for $250:cuckoo:

Why does it say I have to agree to the non refundable deposit when ordering ONE the order page says there's only a non refundable charge when ordering TWO?

Back