Mos Eisley: Chalmun's Cantina 1/6 Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool. I wish Sideshow would make it so these light-up environments could be powered by AC rather than only batteries.

Sean

Didn't see this coming. Very cool!

Would like to get it, but finding space to display it would be a challenge. I'm already trying to figure out where I'm going to display the Dewback when he's released.

I'm in the exact same boat....looks great, just don't know where I'd put it with everything else coming (and rumored to come).....so much cool stuff, so little money and space!

Okay, I may have to sell a kidney, considering all the cool 1/6 SW and Indy reveals (in ONE DAY, no less!!!), but this one is a "no-brainer" purchase for me (and I may feel like I have no brain when the bill comes due...). It's right up there with the Dewback in terms of sheer pop-culture beauty, and the Dewback and Sandtroopers will make perfect complimentary pieces to the Cantina enviro. Just wish I had a way to display all this "in the round" to show off it's awesome goodness from all angles! Someone complained about the window/picture looking 'cheesy'. Did you notice it lights up to simulate daylight? I think that's a genius solution to a two-sided enviro! I also thought it was funny that the had Han/Greedo set up 90 degrees from their actual positing in the movie and they used the 'Nadon's Nook' table. I know, I know, it's for the composition of the photo, but still made me smile! :lol

Sooooo, when does this go on pre-order? :wink1:

Oh, and as for Slave 1 being in the Blu ray edition of ANH, the fan-boy in me geeks out at the thought of this! Makes absolute perfect sense with Boba in tow with Jabba. Of course, the fan boy in me wishes they'd add a brief scene in the galactic senate where Palpatine makes a speech that the Senators' "services will no longer be required" - right before the doors are sealed, stormies rush in and blow them all away (just before the report that the "Emperor has dissolved the Senate, naturally) Or a POV scene from Alderaan of the Death Star entering their skies and Mrs. Organa wispering "Leia"...right before the planet is destroyed. :monkey2

I know, I'm a sick ---k, but it would make things so much sadder for Leia, we'd be so much happier when she gets away and kicks butt :lol!

That would make sense since Boba is now with Jabba when he confronts Han in the landing bay. I hate that scene because CG Jabba looks like ass, but still cool.

I hate it because Boba Fett is in it...for no ____ing reason whatsoever.

Its starting to remind me of the year Jabba came out. It was cool ____ galore that year though I think every year always has several cool items. Some years are stronger than others though.

That was a glorious year, probably the last GREAT year (overall) I was at SDCC.

Pretty cool. I wish Sideshow would make it so these light-up environments could be powered by AC rather than only batteries.

Sean

I don't disagree. It should be offered as an option at the very least BUT it wouldn't be hard to rig it to run fom a wired DC power pack.

Star Tours 2011 showed us that Boba Fett patrols the space around the Death Star construction on Kamino. Therefore I think it would be cool if for the new SW blu-rays Slave I is added to the ANH DS attack. He could replace the TIE Fighter that shoots down the first X-Wing.

Then the camera can zoom in on his cockpit so he can turn and nod to the audience and then fly away.

Yeah maybe even instead of asteroids the Falcon and those TIE Fighters can instead be dodging hundreds of Slave I's.

"That wasn't a laser blast, something hit us!"

"Han get up here. Slave I's."

I think the Slave 1 should be put into every space sequence in the Saga... like where's Waldo?

And since he apparently shows up without rhyme nor reason, Boba Fett's Slave 1 could be inserted in the chase sequence from AOTC between Obi Wan's Starfighter and...Slave 1. Hell, he could help his old man and teen self gun down that Jedi snoop!

Back