Media Mortal Kombat X

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only design I absolutely love is Kotal Kahn's, I love gods and mythology and that Aztec/Mayan warrior god design is just amazing.

He truly looks like a god.

maxresdefault.jpg

Seems like they're doing the same thing they did for this that they did for injustice. They announced a mobile MKX game and they can cross link between mobile and console and you earn rewards for playing the game.

I don't really see fans complain about the more stylized transformations for tekken or soul calibur characters. Twenty years out after MK9 I dont understand why anybody's outfits should be the same?

But Tekken pretty much had different outfits every game, but have a similar motif to each other. The Ninja outfits of MK started off simple, and got a little more complicated as it went on, but I thought it was barely. Anything after Dead Alliance was horrible IMO.

How do you feel about Ermac or Rain? Ermacs changed a lot but it made him a distinct character. Rain has gotten very decorative looking but people seem to love his outfit.

I do think a lot of the designs have been ugly the past few games, but you clearly dobt like the new Scorpion outfit. Yet I would argue its more simple looking than anything the previous 10 years. No heavy armor or crazy gauntlets, the mask looks like a normal ninjamask, a ragtag hood and yellow garb, and straps to hold everything in place. It looks like real ninja gear unlike his castlevania armor or under armour ninja pants he had as an alt in deception.

Im just picking your brain. I dont think id mind if many if the costumes looked like the MK1 or 2 days, but not as boxy as they were back in the day. But I do think seeing designs over the years is also part of the excitement.

I didn't like them initially, but I've come to not really care anymore since the true ninjas of the series are Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Noob, and Smoke. Those five I have the biggest issue with. I guess I can appreciate them not being ninja anymore. They were all just palette swaps with different moves and not original, until now.

At least MK is trying to do something different SF on the other hand is the same old ****.

You're preaching to the choir. I honestly don't know why people lost their **** over SFV's reveal. It's the same rinse and repeat bull **** for 20 ****ing years now.

I didn't like them initially, but I've come to not really care anymore since the true ninjas of the series are Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Noob, and Smoke. Those five I have the biggest issue with. I guess I can appreciate them not being ninja anymore. They were all just palette swaps with different moves and not original, until now.

Yeah, I've wanted Reptile to remain the green ninja forever. I think once they literally made a walking lizard I didn't love the character anymore. He went from being a super cool and VERY mysterious badass threat to a gimmicky pawn or henchman with a tired and drawn-out backstory. Reptile is one of the characters that the more background of him is created, the worse it gets. Mystery was what was so intriguing. I kind of feel the same way with Scorpion, but at least I do care about his story unlike Reptile. Sub Zero, the ice powers, was always a fitting and perfect background.

Noob is a total badass, I just hate the name. I like his storyline (how he wants to rule the Netherealm and his tension with his younger brother) but I hate how MK9 story mode treated him. He got school too easily and too often. Smoke is still pretty bad ass because they are still trying to keep him very mysterious. He has an ending since he has to have one but I don't feel like I know much about him, like a proper ninja. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the story of these games (okay I know I am) but I love the mythology created for these game, and I like what MK Legacy did with them. Way better than the movies.

SFV looks a polished turd that's all no different from the last game.

:goodpost:

Yeah, I've wanted Reptile to remain the green ninja forever. I think once they literally made a walking lizard I didn't love the character anymore. He went from being a super cool and VERY mysterious badass threat to a gimmicky pawn or henchman with a tired and drawn-out backstory. Reptile is one of the characters that the more background of him is created, the worse it gets. Mystery was what was so intriguing. I kind of feel the same way with Scorpion, but at least I do care about his story unlike Reptile. Sub Zero, the ice powers, was always a fitting and perfect background.

Noob is a total badass, I just hate the name. I like his storyline (how he wants to rule the Netherealm and his tension with his younger brother) but I hate how MK9 story mode treated him. He got school too easily and too often. Smoke is still pretty bad ass because they are still trying to keep him very mysterious. He has an ending since he has to have one but I don't feel like I know much about him, like a proper ninja. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the story of these games (okay I know I am) but I love the mythology created for these game, and I like what MK Legacy did with them. Way better than the movies.

Yeah Noob's name blows, but of all the hidden characters that were ever in MK, he's the most interesting.

Back