Media Mortal Kombat X

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I finally figured out that I had to go to the horror pack on the store but then tab over to where it says characters and jason is now under Goro. So I had to buy him through there but his price said free. Then he installed.

Not a fan of his moveset I expected better special moves but I love how after ges defeated he is resurrected with a little health. So cool how they do that.

Yeah I'm using a joystick and am in the middle of changing buttons out on it to ones I like and adding a tighter spring)...well worth it over a controller so my thumb doesn't bleed.

I didn't notice any other skins for Jason at this time. I'm sure they'll add some...wonder if there are any to unlock or it'll just be a dlc. They should offer them for free at least for pc since there was problems with the Jason release.

I need help doing the Jason Brutality, the one with the x Ray buttons. Walk a few steps and then the final hit must come from it? It's never worked for me

Never used him, but watched others have troubles.

Jason needs to walk a few (3-4, maybe 5) steps before he grabs the opponent.
The "walking" part needs to come from the Xray, as the Xray walks you. NOT you walking some, then using the Xray.

I seen using Xray at full screen away is too far, as Jason stops walking (the Xray timer runs out) before he reaches anyone to grab. So a little more than half, but less than full should be good. And next to the opponent wont work I assume, as he needs to "walk a few steps".

So for anyone interested there's a glitch in the game with the mobile unlocks. If you have the mobile game and the main game connected, you can unlock pretty much everything without actually putting time in. If you view any players in the leaderboards and they have any unlocks you need, you unlock them just by viewing them. I was looking at peeps and when I backed out, I unlocked like 5 borders, some koins and injustice scorpion skin. If it weren't for the fact that the mobile game was busted, I would earn it the hard way. But it's busted so I don't feel bad.

The "walking" part needs to come from the Xray, as the Xray walks you. NOT you walking some, then using the Xray.

I seen using Xray at full screen away is too far, as Jason stops walking (the Xray timer runs out) before he reaches anyone to grab. So a little more than half, but less than full should be good. And next to the opponent wont work I assume, as he needs to "walk a few steps".

Thanks, is Tanya still out today?

Thanks for that! I too thought you had to walk a few steps then perform the x-ray rather than letting the x-ray move take a few steps. Its actually a really good brutality as he starts off with the already awesome x-ray and then just chops their head off at the end :lol
So for anyone interested there's a glitch in the game with the mobile unlocks. If you have the mobile game and the main game connected, you can unlock pretty much everything without actually putting time in. If you view any players in the leaderboards and they have any unlocks you need, you unlock them just by viewing them. I was looking at peeps and when I backed out, I unlocked like 5 borders, some koins and injustice scorpion skin. If it weren't for the fact that the mobile game was busted, I would earn it the hard way. But it's busted so I don't feel bad.

I had to log out of my wbid but I eventually got this to work. I doubt I'd have ever unlocked Injustice Scorpion otherwise :google

Thanks, is Tanya still out today?

No, new DLC always comes out on a Tuesday in my experience. I imagine she'll be another week or two as Jason just hit this week. He hasn't even finished his week of early access for Kombat Pack buyers.

I had to log out of my wbid but I eventually got this to work. I doubt I'd have ever unlocked Injustice Scorpion otherwise :google

I actually had most of the items unlocked already. The only ones I didn't have were the multiplayer battles challenge, the faction points challenge and the challenge towers challenge.

The game is broken and not registering my wins not to mention all the players are using the wbid glitch so they all have the top gold characters max leveled meaning they're impossible to beat. The game doesn't even save my faction points, mine get reset to zero pretty much after every fight. And then the challenge towers aren't out yet so just waiting on klassic mileena.

Finally got an xbone last week and picked this up yesterday. Holly hell is this game awesome. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games but the last MK blew me away so this was on the top of my next gen list. I've only been able to play two towers so far, Scorpion and Sub Zero, but everything about this game is amazing, the graphics alone are stunning. I don't know if I've ever played a fighting game that felt as smooth as this one, everything from the combos, special moves, and level interaction all feel seamless to string together.

I have one question though, my game was till installing last night when I was playing and I unlocked a costume for Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Quan Chi, (Tournament costumes) and when I went to look at them they weren't selectable. Is that because of the install or do I need to do something to make them selectable?

Finally got an xbone last week and picked this up yesterday. Holly hell is this game awesome. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games but the last MK blew me away so this was on the top of my next gen list. I've only been able to play two towers so far, Scorpion and Sub Zero, but everything about this game is amazing, the graphics alone are stunning. I don't know if I've ever played a fighting game that felt as smooth as this one, everything from the combos, special moves, and level interaction all feel seamless to string together.

I have one question though, my game was till installing last night when I was playing and I unlocked a costume for Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Quan Chi, (Tournament costumes) and when I went to look at them they weren't selectable. Is that because of the install or do I need to do something to make them selectable?

Could very well be because the game hasn't fully installed. I imagine the unlocks are not as important during the install process. I'm sure once the game has fully installed, you'll be abkebto select them.

Trying to learn some good kombos for ERMAC and I'm not a competitive professional video game fighter but I noticed something

Doing these (on PS4, facing right)

TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE,⬇️⬅️◾️,↗️⭕️,⬇️⬅️⭕️, XRAY (36%)
TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE + XRAY (37%)

So just doing the three hits plus XRAY will net me less damage than those three hits AND MORE plus XRAY

What's up with that?

Same with ankther without XRAY. If I do...

TRIANGLE TRIANGLE TRIANGLE, Tele-Hang, Jump Kick, Teleport and Tele-Choke I'll get 22% but if I use the EX meter to the Tele-choke I'll get 21%. Not exactly more better to use an Ex

Last edited:
I think EXs are more for extending combos, rather than finishing them.

I do not play Ermac, but with Raiden for example, any of his super moves normally for not allow for a juggle afterwards, but using an EX version of some can allow you extend. Raiden's lightning grab (down, forward, trangle...dont know XBOX equivalent) is pretty simple to pull off, but is usually best at the end of a combo, as you can not juggle after due to recovery time. But the the EX version will pop them up into the air allowing me to combo more, even just simply EX grab into regular.

Same thing with Raiden's rising uppercut looking super move. Normally it only hits on the way up. The EX version hit up, then hit them down. The down hit then bounces them allowing for juggles.

The lessen damage is due to diminishing returns. The longer you combo, the less damage you do.
In my Raiden example above, I can combo enough to where when I do my final grab, which basically ticks them for damage over time, the ticks barely even reduce the enemy bar.

Need to find the balance of extending/juggling VS diminishing returns.

Back