Mortal Kombat - Sub Zero WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buttmunch - yeah, I think I am going to make my own skull head as well... an unmasked scorpion would be awesome.

Marker - Thanks!

krek - My hope is to have Scorpion done this weekend... I am keeping track of how long each one takes, so then I can lock in the price.

Update: I am meeting with the seamstress tomorrow, she should have some boots ready by then. Also, I painted the spine. I used the first hood I made, so it is rough around the edges... perfect for someone who got their a$$ kicked by Sub Zero. In the end, I think I am going to use an Ignite Ninja I have laying around for my display/diorama I intend on making.
subzero_wip_29.jpg

subzero_wip_13.jpg

subzero_wip_14.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks awesome! Sub-zero is my favorite MK character! Absolutely awesome! Congrats! I wish I was a good customizer!!! What's the price for this?

Last edited:
redson85 - Thanks! I am still finalizing pricing... but in looks to be around $200 for the complete outfit... I am still working on the boots... and I am about 80% done with a Scorpion outfit. It should be done by Sunday. From there I will have final pricing, and start taking deposits. I plan on making 5 of each Ninja (Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Reptile), which, in an assembly line should take me 3 weeks or so... I'll have more details on Sunday. I do have an "Interested List" on the first page, so let me know if you are interested...

Buttmunch - I should have been more clear... I am thinking it will take me 3 weeks to make each batch of 5. I'd imagine I will take a few weeks break between each batch of 5 characters. I am really eager to keep pressing ahead on my personal ambitions, as well as getting you guys the stuff you would like to buy. With how long each one of these take to make, I will need a break between "batches". I should have more details this weekend on everything.

Think that sounds reasonable?

Last edited:
Been doing a little prep work for Scorpion. :D

dsc01945s.jpg

dsc01946u.jpg

And just trying to figure out what head to use on this:

dsc01944tm.jpg

And a fatality from another favorite:
dsc01947vj.jpg

Thanks!

The chain for the spear is just some chain with a wire running through it to give it poseabililty. Simple yet effective. Got them both from Hobby Lobby. I also saw some 'rope' material that had a wire in it that made it poseable. But it was kinda thick so I just went with the chain as that is what Scorpion seems to be using right now.

I think I can hook you up with a heart if you are interested ;)

Amazing work all around... I'm trying to talk myself out of needing one of these :lol

One thought though, the slope of the shoulders looks a bit odd to me. Any chance you could put a small piece of wire in the shoulder to allow it to be posed upward or at least level? I think that small change would make a lot of difference to the overall look of the figures :duff

It looks great but that body just looks too thin to me which is causing the shoulders to look like that. I wonder if a t800 body would work or if that would look too big...

T800 would look waaaaaay to big if you ask me. I think that body is perfect.

I kind of agree about the slope of the shoulders though. I think the yellow needs to be a bit higher up and level. Would look best that way.

I think the T-800 would be too big... and you'd likely end up with the same downward slope.

Not positive a bit of wire would work, but i think it would allow you to manipulate the tunic.

Back