Mortal Kombat - Sub Zero WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys, I have been getting requests... So I thought I would just throw this out there. I want to officially start an "Interested in possibly purchasing" List. I am considering making a very small run (a few of each character) on these, as it would be easier make 6 at once, vs 1 at a time. IF I had to guess at price, it would be $200 for complete outfit (still trying to figure out the best way of doing the boots...). I can get back to everyone with final pricing here in the next few days. This is not a commitment to buy, but rather more of a "I'm interested pending final price" kinda thing. More details to come, possibly later today!

If you are interested, please say so, and which figure you are interested in (Scorpion, Sub Zero, Reptile, Ermac or list a different character!)

Fitted for a Hot Toys TrueType Advanced Figure (although, these are sleeveless so they will fit any figure with roughly the same waist/chest size).

Price (as of right now, and is subject to change depending on reasons listed below with a *) is $200 + Shipping.

Includes:
Black Pants
Black Undershirt
Black Wristguards (with 2 black buckles *may be chrome painted*, and one elastic band to fit over hands)
Black Hood (Fitted for the HT TT head, but if you send me whatever head you want, I can custom size it on the head so that it fits right, for an extra $15)
Black Belt (this goes on top of the undershirt, under the blue belt)
Colored Belt (with 2 snaps)
Colored Mask
Colored Tunic
Colored Shinguards (with three black buckles - may be chrome painted...)
*possibly boots… I am having a friend of a friend who is a seamstress help me with these. I’ll keep everyone posted on if it is in the works, as this may effect price.

Extras:
If you are looking for a COMPLETE, pre-dressed figure… please see prices below:
HT TT figure: +$60 (with all pieces that come with the TT figure)
HT Royce Muscular Body: +$100 (This does not include feet, hands, or head.. just the body)
Scorpion Spear and rope: $15
Figure Stand – IF YOU ORDER ALL 3 figures, I will throw in a special something for you… not sure I am legally allowed to do so, but we’ll see.
Case - A clear 13"x5"x5" Acrylic case for display: $20

Here is the limited run… All based on the same style/look of what I have completed. I may adjust these depending on if more people want a Scorpion vs. a Sub Zero or vice versa. Again, this is tentative just to gauge interest... no down payments are accepted at this time, and if there is not enough demand, that may drive prices up a bit...

Scorpion
5 each

Sub Zero
5 each

Reptile
5 each

Ermac
maybe 1 or 2...

Last edited:
Buttmunch - I am open to doing any characters... any specific ones you had in mind?

:lol Great minds think alike I guess.

Like I said, its not off a whole lot. Just a bit more chest showing than that game pic. And something like that is a very minor problem considering the rest of the outift. You absolutely nailed this! Are you sure you haven't sewn before this? If this is where you start, I can't wait to see what you'll be able to do in just a few months! :google

Any thoughts of doing more MK characters after the Ninjas? Would you go classic or different costumes? Etc Etc. Aside from the Ninjas, I think most characters' outfits got a little better after the first few games. But to me the ninjas were PERFECT in MK II. After that the costumes went down hill. Not that I don't like them, but they were less uniform and each started to get their own styles. Which of course is what you'd want in individual characters, but I just really liked the uniformity of the ninjas.

I might be interested in one of the three. Not sure which one yet. I like all the characters and I may have to see some more to determine which. But consider me interested nonetheless.

Thoughts about doing a Raiden eventually? :)

marker - You know, ever since I saw the Sideshow Red Ninja with his hat... I have thought about a Raiden... Which Raiden outfit is your favorite? My vote is for MK2 or maybe the new one...

Quick update:

So, I have some fun shots I took since the weather was a little nicer. Hope you enjoy.

I have updated both the undershirt (reduced the "arm holes" a bit to better reflect the game) and have a better shape for the wristguards. Now they fit a little better, and bend easier, and honestly... just look better. haha.

Also a quick preview for the material for the Scorpion and Reptile outfits. The Yellow is PERFECT, and the Green is the closest I could find. I will have to do a test to see how it looks on the figure.

And of course, my stand ;)

subzero_wip_18.jpg

subzero_wip_17.jpg

subzero_wip_16.jpg

subzero_wip_15.jpg

MK_stand_1.jpg

Last edited:
Got a question for everyone... I was trying a different material, because it has a bit more sheen to it... BUT, it is not totally black. The material I was using was black with the most SUBTLE hit of a greenish hue. The new material is a 95% black, with a subtle hint of purple/blue... I like the new material better for look, but like I said, it is totally not "BLACK". I have attached some photos for reference...

What do you guys think?
subzero_wip_19.jpg

subzero_wip_20.jpg

subzero_wip_21.jpg

Looks pretty black to me. Plus a flash will always alter a color, usually for the worse.

The new wrist guards look fantastic. Very nice! :clap

I like the color of the yellow material very much for Scorpion. But I think the green is too dark for Reptile. He was closer to a lime green, at least in MK II, which I think is the main reference for the 'classic' costumes.

As for Raiden, MK II was a great outfit. Its basically the MK I outfit with the green vest-thingy on top of it. So basically you could get either version by making the MK II version.

I find most of the modern outfits too busy and way too hard to pull off in custom form. HT could do a fantastic job on them, but they are HT afterall :lol

Yeah, I am not totally happy with the green for Reptile either... I will have to make a trip to the Joann Fabric superstore to see what I can find.

As for the black material... I am going to proceed with it for the Scorpion I am working on, and we will go from there...

Great idea on the Raiden! It is either!

Came out great, man. I'd just like to see it on a bigger upper body, like one of the WWF Max Aggression bodies.

Back