Mortal Kombat - Sub Zero WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update for everyone on the Interested List: I have handed some stuff off to a seamstress, and she is going to see what she can do with the boots, and HOPEFULLY I'll have something by the weekend.

I recently purchased a used 1/6 Goemon Ishikawa on ebay, and THOSE BOOTS ARE AMAZING. I will be using them on my figure, and I HIGHLY recommend them to complete these figures. They are molded out of a rubber, so there is no way I can reproduce them. I'll keep everyone posted on what the seamstress comes up with.

-Tim

Couldn't resist

subzero_.jpg

Charles Hughey - Thanks! Yeah, maybe I will put a bigger upper body on the Scorpion I am currently making.

Tim,

It is possible to take the torso off one of those WWF bodies and glue it onto the legs and hips of a TT. You have to sacrafice the entire TT, unfortunately. But basically you can just unscrew the entire upper part of the TT and the WWF one just pops off. You'll need some kind of putty and patience, but the results are decent. I did it with my Marv (see below).

Also, for the Goemon boots, you could have them molded and cast in black rubber or resin and include them with the set. PM me if you're interested and I can point you in the right direction.

Marv6.jpg

Tim,

It is possible to take the torso off one of those WWF bodies and glue it onto the legs and hips of a TT. You have to sacrafice the entire TT, unfortunately. But basically you can just unscrew the entire upper part of the TT and the WWF one just pops off. You'll need some kind of putty and patience, but the results are decent. I did it with my Marv (see below).

Also, for the Goemon boots, you could have them molded and cast in black rubber or resin and include them with the set. PM me if you're interested and I can point you in the right direction.

Marv6.jpg

That looks GREAT. I will have to look into this!

I dunno, that body looks a bit too big for the ninjas IMO. I think the Royce body is a great size for them. That body would work better for someone like Shao Kahn.

Those look GREAT! Well done!

Buttmunch - Yeah, maybe not for THESE figures.. but a saw and two of those bodies MIGHT make a sweet ass Goro...

Goro wouldn't be to difficult. I would also look for a 12" Hulk figure. That way his body (hopefully) would be thicker and wider then the TT bodies. I'm sure with a few mods it could be done quite well. If you had two bodies, one could be chopped up and used to make the other body taller too.

Quick update...

Got a few things going on at once with this update. I finally found some time today to devote to work on perfecting my templates, a few loose ends, as well as making a Scorpion.

- I am exploring chrome painted buckles. I think they look pretty good, I am waiting for the paint to dry overnight before I put them on the shinguards and wristguards.

-FINALLY figured out a good way to make the shinguards! I am pumped about this, as I still wasn't happy with the ones before.

-I have modified the hood template a bit to 1. Look more like the game figure, and 2. Be more universal for everyone who will be purchasing. These will still be "fitted" for a HT TT head, but, it should help.

- And a comparison of the "blacks" material. Sub Zero has the original material I used, and Scorpion has the new material. I am leaning towards the new stuff... it is more expensive

-Also including the SWEET Goemon Ishikawa boots I intend on using on my personal one. I am still waiting for word from the seamstress I am having working on the boots, to see if she can come up with a good pair to offer when I make a few sets of these.

subzero_wip_22.jpg

subzero_wip_23.jpg

subzero_wip_24.jpg

subzero_wip_25.jpg

Another update... I decided to take a break from sewing, and play with some Sculpey. THIS IS AWESOME! I love this stuff... I haven't really used it before, so it was interesting...

I decided to try to make some Shinguards... Since I am using those boots that are way thicker... I decided to see if I could make some form fitting ones that will wrap around the contours of the boots better... We'll see how they turn out once I have pants on, and I still have to figure out a way to attached the straps to them (I am thinking super glue?!?).

Next, I decided since Sub Zero's finishing move is the spine rip, I need a spine! so, after about 25 min, I had it good enough to bake it. Still needs to be cleaned up, added too with some liquid latex and glue, and painted of course... but here is what I have so far.

Hope you enjoy.
subzero_wip_26.jpg

subzero_wip_27.jpg

https://timothykyde.com/one_sixth/sub_zero_wip/subzero_wip_26.jpg
subzero_wip_28.jpg

:lol Love the spine. I've been thinking about trying Fatality bits myself. I bought an excellent skull with my Rainman Dude today so I should have a great Scorpion unmasked head at least :)

Back