Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story (case closed) + eBay Blacklist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Moronic eBay Buyer! Joker DX 01 Horror Story

What a nightmare. Christ. I was thinking about putting a couple things up on ebay too. No way. ____ that. Ebay sounds like its run by and protects scumbags. Im really sorry to hear of all these horror stories, genuinely.

Hi Everyone,

Happy to report that eBay finally woke up and made the right call. They closed the case and released the original purchase price to my paypal account. I think what helped in my case is that I acutally opened the return package at the post office and got a written statement from the postal clerk confirming that I received a box of garbage. I don't want to think what would have happened if I held off opening the package until I got home. This would have been a he said she said nightmare.

Going forward, if a buyer complains about a figure again, then I think I'll just agree to a full refund and relist the figure, but the buyer will have to wait until my relist auction closes and ship the figure directly to the 2nd winner before getting refund. I think this might same a lot headaches...

Thank you everyone for listening to my problems and offer all the advices. I really appreciate it.

Thank you!

One more complaint though, the buyer blazin173 is still active on eBay??? I mean how many offense like this can you get away with before you get banned for life? The guy tried to scam me out of a $650 figure and he is still allowed to do business on eBay???

Not the same thing but. I had PayPal put a 21 day hold on money for a item I sold. They wanted, this and that. That was fine but to hold on to my money. I seen it as the buyer not paying for the item. The buyer was not a happy camper, as I would not ship the item till I got my money. There is no law on any books that said I have to wait to get paid. In the end I gave it to my 11 year old daughter. The buyer did get his money back. He did get it back after the 22nd day (they even made him wait) I was given a bad review for not sending a item (no where did it say the item was paid for or not).

Thank you!

One more complaint though, the buyer blazin173 is still active on eBay??? I mean how many offense like this can you get away with before you get banned for life? The guy tried to scam me out of a $650 figure and he is still allowed to do business on eBay???

Depends on the person. I own 7 domain names. This gives me 1,000s of email address. I have to say I was banned, you love this. Not for not paying or anything bad. But only leaving bad feedback. I never left one good feedback. I did not see the need too (I paid them, they waited for me to leave them feedback). If the item was bad then I yes I took the time to write a bad feedback so the next person would not get rip off.

I took it with a grain a salt and made a new account. I pay for everything still, and only leave bad feedback.

Hi Everyone,

Happy to report that eBay finally woke up and made the right call. They closed the case and released the original purchase price to my paypal account. I think what helped in my case is that I acutally opened the return package at the post office and got a written statement from the postal clerk confirming that I received a box of garbage. I don't want to think what would have happened if I held off opening the package until I got home. This would have been a he said she said nightmare.

Going forward, if a buyer complains about a figure again, then I think I'll just agree to a full refund and relist the figure, but the buyer will have to wait until my relist auction closes and ship the figure directly to the 2nd winner before getting refund. I think this might same a lot headaches...

Thank you everyone for listening to my problems and offer all the advices. I really appreciate it.

Congrats, I'm glad that everything worked out :hi5:! I now have some hope that Ebay will actually take the seller's side if you fight your case well.

I think that you should just continue to sell figures as you always have. But, just be sure to describe every little detail (no matter how irrelevant) so that the buyer doesn't pull a scam.

Also, in case you have to handle another return, have the buyer ship the return package directly to your address. You'll be in a world of trouble if the first buyer changes his mind and decides that he wants to keep his figure, and refuses to ship it out to the second buyer. Don't sell an item that's not in your possession.

Absolutely do not do this! If you think it will save you headaches it will do exactly the opposite. Never bring a third party into it, especially someone you do not know. You have no control of how or if the original buyer will ship the item or what condition it would be in. And Ebay would have nothing to do with protecting you or the 2nd buyer. Very bad idea! :nono

Luckily I have never had a figured returned to me (atleast not yet), but my take away from your experience is to always open returns at the post office in front of a postal worker so that I can have proof if some one ever tries to pull this scam on me. I'm glad to here every thing worked out for you:yess:. I have 7 hot toys that I'm currently in the process of putting up on ebay, and your story initially filled me with doubt as to whether or not I should.

I only had 1 figure returned to me, it was an indiana jones PF statue because the gun holster had a small wrinkle. I was like lady it's made from leather! it has wrinkles. :slap But she was very nice about it and said it's up to me, i did let her return for a full refund because i know the feeling to keep something you not happy with. Ended up relisting on ebay and sold within 2 weeks at $30 more and got a perfect item feedback.

In general i found women to be much more difficult to deal with buying those statues, almost to the point of insanity in some cases.

Depends on the person. I own 7 domain names. This gives me 1,000s of email address. I have to say I was banned, you love this. Not for not paying or anything bad. But only leaving bad feedback. I never left one good feedback. I did not see the need too (I paid them, they waited for me to leave them feedback). If the item was bad then I yes I took the time to write a bad feedback so the next person would not get rip off.

I took it with a grain a salt and made a new account. I pay for everything still, and only leave bad feedback.

What the ____?

What's your eBay ID? I would like to add you to my banned buyers and seller list.:)

Yeah, that's just absolutely crazy.

Good feedback shows people you had a good experience, that's why people leave feedback. It also helps the person you're leaving feedback for in showing others the extent of their dealings. You do that, you know, if you care about more than just yourself and what matters to you.

And many sellers wait until the buyer leave feedback because the transaction doesn't end at receiving payment. The transaction ends once they know you've received the item and are happy with it. That you need this explained to you goes to further show you as the likely source of any troubles you've ever had.

Judging by your post, DrQ2, I say that anytime that another eBayer has a dispute with you it's 100% your fault. You are an out-and-out nutcase and the very thing I think most are complaining about here.

As well, for future reference, you apparently have not the slightest understanding of what it means when one says 'took it with a grain of salt.'

Yeah, that's just absolutely crazy.

Good feedback shows people you had a good experience, that's why people leave feedback. It also helps the person you're leaving feedback for in showing others the extent of their dealings. You do that, you know, if you care about more than just yourself and what matters to you.

And many sellers wait until the buyer leave feedback because the transaction doesn't end at receiving payment. The transaction ends once they know you've received the item and are happy with it. That you need this explained to you goes to further show you as the likely source of any troubles you've ever had.

Judging by your post, DrQ2, I say that anytime that another eBayer has a dispute with you it's 100% your fault. You are an out-and-out nutcase and the very thing I think most are complaining about here.

As well, for future reference, you apparently have not the slightest understanding of what it means when one says 'took it with a grain of salt.'

:clap:clap:exactly::clap:clap
:goodpost::goodpost:
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:

Your ____ing crazy man :cuckoo:

Depends on the person. I own 7 domain names. This gives me 1,000s of email address. I have to say I was banned, you love this. Not for not paying or anything bad. But only leaving bad feedback. I never left one good feedback. I did not see the need too (I paid them, they waited for me to leave them feedback). If the item was bad then I yes I took the time to write a bad feedback so the next person would not get rip off. I took it with a grain a salt and made a new account. I pay for everything still, and only leave bad feedback.

resize.php

:winner

___

Back