Moria ORC PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now. I REALLY want this piece, I think it would make a great compliment to my Gandalf and Aragorn PF's. I just don't know........:monkey2

If there's a quick an easy way to turn red into maroon, it'd be worth doing it, because other than this issue, the rest of the piece is stunning. The base is awesome, as is the detail in his armor. Heck, I even prefer the look of the maskless face.

If there's a quick an easy way to turn red into maroon, it'd be worth doing it, because other than this issue, the rest of the piece is stunning. The base is awesome, as is the detail in his armor. Heck, I even prefer the look of the maskless face.

That's true, but like others have said we shouldn't have to do anything to the piece, it should look the way it does in the original pictures we're shown. I guess one way to look at it for me anyway, is I wanted to slim down to just collecting main characters, so if I did cancel it would keep in line with that philosophy.

a few more in daylight.It's still really nice,i'm not thinking about sending it back but it could've been better.

I really hope that the flash is making it that red or that it just looks alot more red in these pics.

SS's quality continues to decline. And, if mine arrives and looks that red it is probably going to go back, and that could be the nail in my coffin for being a SS collector.

I would of canceled it and take a wait and see approach and get it later on. But, I used my rewards points on it.

I really feel like logging into my account and canceling everything I have on order right now.

First Aragorn, now the Moria Orc.

What is happening SS???

Sideshow is spreading themselves too thin.....:monkey1

cancelling now. Money is too tight and space too valuable to put something I won't be happy with in the collection.

just checked the sideshow website and the 360 does show the red color.Does anybody know if they changed it from the original or was it always like that?

I noticed that too

thanx for the first pics provided.

IMO the pose and scupt is really great but like many have said i m disapointed by the too red color not weathered layer and lack of details compared to the proto.For the price i m not expecting the proto itself but something really close.
The daylight pics are still red
. on the qtvr the leather seems more burgundy and with the same no details than the proto.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/mov_qtvr/7210-QTVR.mov

Damn that bright red just killed the piece..WTF HAPPENED SIDESHOW..wHAT A LET DOWN OF A PF...I see this piece being available for a very long time on 2nd chance now...Sideshow, YOU FOOLS !!!! Unacceptable for the BUYERS IMO

I think I am going to puke.

My piece will be here on Tuesday. I hope the clothes don't look as bad as these first in hand photos. I have learned that they tend to look better in person but this one really has me doubting it.

To do a wash and make it look like the prototype or return it because SS is not doing their job and sending us what is advertised.

Lipstick Frodo, Hooker Galadriel, Red dress Orc. Whats next you ask ... Orange skirt Berserker?

Come on SS, start paying more attention to the detail and quality that you pride yourself on and also listen to your clients (us) that are purchasing your product. After all, we are the people that pay your paycheck.

Last edited:
just checked the sideshow website and the 360 does show the red color.Does anybody know if they changed it from the original or was it always like that?

I just checked it also. but it doesn't come off as red in the 360. I'm really confused right now. man I hope it isn't nearly as red as it seems. :monkey2

I just canceled my Moria Orc as well. It's like Mesa said, space and money is too valuable to get a collectible that I won't be completely happy with. Honestly, even when it was just the proto images that we had I was considering letting it go, so I guess this made it kind of easier. When it comes down to it I can do without it, while other PF's stand out over this one, even if the cloth was the right color.

Back