Moria ORC PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I join the dissapointment feeling. This has passed from being a Master piece to a lame PF. That contrast of red really kills the statue imo. Some things can not be overlooked Sideshow...

Last edited:
I join the dissapointment feeling. This has passed from being a Master piece to a lame PF. That contrast of red really kills the statue imo. Some things can not be overlooked Sideshow...

I don't think it became a lame PF by any means. The clothing is not as good and everybody should be upset about that, but I don't think it ruins the whole sculpture.

I'm still getting it and I hope that SS fix it before shipping the rest, but if they don't I will try to fix it myself. However, if they don't respond to our concerns with in this forum, I might cancel it. I don't like to be ignored when I think it is a genuine problem. They apologize a lot for not letting us know before hand when Aragorn was changed and now they did it again.....

the more i see these pictures the more i'm leaning to cancel him, man this was meant to be my first PF ever and was so excited. i'm still waiting to see if sideshow has a answer for the mass cancelations but if they don't i guess the berserker will give me hope and will be my first PF. :(

Picture20185.jpg

It certainly looks better in natural light without the use of a flash, but is that really saying much?

I'd really like to know what SS has to say about this mess though I suspect they are all conveniently tucked away in their bomb shelters at the moment. I personally find it really hard to believe that SS didn't know about this problem before these things shipped from China. Someone had to give their stamp of approval on the colour choice and someone from SS has to be there overseeing their operations.
But let's say for the sake of arguement SS didn't know anything about this until they arrived at their warehouse in CA. The instant they opened up that first statue for inspection they would have known they had a huge problem on their hands. Did they ship them straight back to China?....Nope. Did they gather together their team of artists/ painters to figure out how best to fix this mess?....Nope. Did they simply start shipping them out to unsuspecting customer's who were waiting eagerly for the arrival of their MO's...Yup!
No warning, no updated website photo's, they just started shipping them out....and that is what I find most disturbing and unethical. I am a huge SS fan and have been for year's but I've gotta say I'm pretty disgusted with them at the moment. :mad:

I canceled him =(

Until SS acknowledges this problem. They really should have a single final product sent to them in 2 weeks advance, and give us a new 360 showing what're really getting.

We often get people panicking after seeing the first in-hand photos of something, but this is a fairly major problem I think. And I just yesterday converted my order to a flex-pay one, which means I get hit with fees if I cancel. I imagine I could fix the color with some paint, but I shouldn't have to do that.

I'm in the same flex-pay boat. this was my first lotr PF. I hope that sense it wont ship for three months they might have come up with a way to fix this. I still want to see some other peoples in hand pics..

We often get people panicking after seeing the first in-hand photos of something, but this is a fairly major problem I think. And I just yesterday converted my order to a flex-pay one, which means I get hit with fees if I cancel. I imagine I could fix the color with some paint, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Not just paint, but "weather it down" and did they take out the stitchings? Seems like they changed the material all together? Faux leather (ish) to a cheap cloth.

72101_press04-001.jpg

comparison2wv2.jpg

Last edited:
After looking at it, is it me or did they take off the leather looking material?... and left the undercoat/cloth. I can't tell. If you look at the protos armpit n shoulder area you see cloth, then another material (the hide/leather) overlapping it?

My Orc has already shipped. Keeping him depends on how bad it really is.

If I Keep him, it means that I have to weather him to better match the prototype shown on SS site. I am already making plans on what process I will use to do this. What I hate most is that I MUST DO IT on a piece that SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE from the beginning.

If I decide to keep this character in my collection, Do I contact SS and see if I can get him replaced with the ex version or keep the reg version? I don't think I would display him with the helm but to have the option would be nice.

If I find that I hate the piece due to the change in clothing, do I return it and get my money back or exchange it for something else like the Indiana Jones PF that I have had my eye on? :whip

I really wanted this but I cancelled my exclusive; the wrong color and mismatching sleeves is just too much for me to overlook . I hope to pick it up in the future if Sideshow corrects the mistake.

I just don't see how they can correct this even if they wanted to. I imagine they have all been made already, and of course correcting something like this partway through wouldn't really be fair to the people who got theirs earlier anyway. It's a major screwup.

Not just paint, but "weather it down" and did they take out the stitchings? Seems like they changed the material all together? Faux leather (ish) to a cheap cloth.

72101_press04-001.jpg

comparison2wv2.jpg

And the 360 (old one, not update).
Orc360.jpg

Except that the red is a little too bright, it's the same :).

My Orc has already shipped. Keeping him depends on how bad it really is.

If I Keep him, it means that I have to weather him to better match the prototype shown on SS site. I am already making plans on what process I will use to do this. What I hate most is that I MUST DO IT on a piece that SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE from the beginning.

If I decide to keep this character in my collection, Do I contact SS and see if I can get him replaced with the ex version or keep the reg version? I don't think I would display him with the helm but to have the option would be nice.

If I find that I hate the piece due to the change in clothing, do I return it and get my money back or exchange it for something else like the Indiana Jones PF that I have had my eye on? :whip
The color does make it look totally different from the prototype but this is really a very nice sculpture and the detail on the base and armor is really dead on.After saying that, i would love to keep this in my collection and i guess i'll just wait and see what ss has to say,if i do keep it they better not F%#@ up the beserker or i'm really gonna have a problem.My opinion is wait and see for now.

no ones complaining about the sculpt itself..just the choice of red

Yeah and also because there is no weather treatment, but the 360 doesn't have it either.
So it's just the red ;).

And it's better to compare with the 360 than with the proto pics on its page.
It was already changed for the 360.

for me I'm not really concerned about the weather treatment. but the color choice. yea it would have been spot on if the material and weathering were exact but that wouldn't have stood out like a red thumb..:rolleyes:

It has to be said ....

Sideshow, thats another Fiasco !!!!

I really do not see Sideshow fixing this.

They will most likely have all their product early next week in their warehouse and it would be easier(cheaper) to let them linger there in the darkness and be GC eligible in the coming months.

I still love this guy!

Back