Moria ORC PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, is that cloth bright red. Didn't know the Moria Orcs used Tide with bleach alternative :p

I have to agree about the proto comments. If I wanted a Holiday MO variant, I would be order from GG.

Last edited:
^^^ What botheres me a bit, if you look at the sculpted cloth on his arms and legs, it dosen't match the color on the body. Gotta love "the factory".

Last edited:
Any pics next to Frodo, I plan on displaying them together with Frodo looking up at him; will that work?

:confused:

Any pics next to Frodo, I plan on displaying them together with Frodo looking up at him; will that work?

:confused:

Put a Santa hat on Frodo and a bag of presents on his back and they should go together perfectly. :naughty

Hi guys!

It is an awesome sculpture. I just paid my second Flexpay and will be receiving him next month. However I do agree that his clothes are too red and should have been a bit darker like the photos. I don't know why SS didn't update the site before sending it but if you think that it should be darker, there' something you can do.....

You can darken his clothes by doing some washes with burnt umber, red oxide and maybe some grey. You can mix it with windshield washer (the blue liquid you use in your car to clean your windshields) because it has a mix of water and alcohol already and the blue does not change the color of the paint. Just mask the Orc's skin and with normal tape so the paint doesn't get on it. Just make sure is the non permanent tape because those are not very sticky.

Then mix the pain about 60% washer to 40% paint and try in a place you can't really see it first to see if it works. Let it dry and you will have an idea if it is too much or if you should add more washer to it. It is better to be add to it than getting a heavy coat and not be able to take it off.

That will probably darken the material and make it look more natural and worn. Try to do spots of mainly brown and some grey and red here and there. so to make it a bit more natural looking.

It is easier than it sounds and it will give you a closer look to the prototype. Just remember to go slow and try a small section first to see the results before doing the entire thing. you can always PM with questions. I've done this before and worked fine. However if you want to wait until I get mine and do it so I can show you guys how it works, that's fine too.

Cheers :drink

Bear

I buy a £20 pair of trousers and I expect the colour to be that which I ordered. I don't go and dye the damn things.

I buy a £200 "high end" figure I sure as hell don't want to have to dye anything.

This MUST be sorted before shipping!!!!

On top of the color issue, I think the material isn't the same. The proto looks to have some type of thin leather (pleather) looking material, and the production piece looks like someone cut up a t-shirt...

See, in this pic, you can actually see the texture of the pleather, and how it is sewn together... The factory really went cheap on that part of the PF, and Sideshow signed off on this....

texture.jpg

Last edited:
The pictures don't show it well, but the material is sewn-together pleather material like the prototype. Just the wrong color.

Darth Waller give us your honest opinion, are you satisfied with your Moria Orc or are you disappointed? I'm very much on the verge of canceling him, but I really don't want to. I'm so torn right now.

my.php
I'm not going to argue with you DW, as I think you may work for SS?

That said, I know for a fact that Pleather doesn't 'fray' when you cut it. This piece shows fraying on the edges of all the cuts.

Fraying.jpg

Last edited:
ok guys,so he's finally here and i'm sorry to say that the pic we saw before are pretty right on:monkey2 It's really red and bright!!!!! I put the witch king so you can get and idea of the size and since i have Lurtz and sauron packed up it's the only i could grab right now.Anyways sorry if the pic aren't that great but it's my first time.:naughty

It looks more like a pleather material in your pics, but I just don't understand why they made that part of the fabric so red. It doesn't kill the piece for me but it still bothers me somewhat.

ok guys,so he's finally here and i'm sorry to say that the pic we saw before are pretty right on:monkey2 It's really red and bright!!!!! I put the witch king so you can get and idea of the size and since i have Lurtz and sauron packed up it's the only i could grab right now.Anyways sorry if the pic aren't that great but it's my first time.:naughty

Good Lord! What on earth was SS thinking? :confused: :rolleyes:

my.php
I'm not going to arue with you DW, as I think you may work for SS?

That said, I know for a fact that Pleather doesn't 'fray' when you cut it. This piece shows fraying on the edges of all the cuts.

Fraying.jpg

It's actually layered material. The top-most is pleather, then there are two layers of fabric materials of different colors (the ones with the frayed edges).

Darth Waller give us your honest opinion, are you satisfied with your Moria Orc or are you disappointed? I'm very much on the verge of canceling him, but I really don't want to. I'm so torn right now.

The more I think about it and the more I look at the prototype pictures, the more disappointed I am with the finished piece. Aragorn came out with some changes, but at least his color changes worked. Like someone said earlier, for an item this expensive, all I should have to do is open the box and set it up. I don't believe in having to paint/weather the material to get it to match the prototype. I'd probably end up screwing it up anyway.

I fear this may end up getting sent back. :sick

DW...any chance for more pics? Especially at the angle of the proto I posted above?

I can try to take some this weekend. Sunset is a little after 5:00 right now, so it's dark when I get home. I'll try to get some with natural light tomorrow.

The more I think about it and the more I look at the prototype pictures, the more disappointed I am with the finished piece. Aragorn came out with some changes, but at least his color changes worked. Like someone said earlier, for an item this expensive, all I should have to do is open the box and set it up. I don't believe in having to paint/weather the material to get it to match the prototype. I'd probably end up screwing it up anyway.

I fear this may end up getting sent back. :sick

That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now. I REALLY want this piece, I think it would make a great compliment to my Gandalf and Aragorn PF's. I just don't know........:monkey2

Back