Moria ORC PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cloth around the arms and legs is more maroon, as it should be. But it's definitely way too red under the chest armor -- at least from these pics.

Nice piece, but I still like Lurtz better.

I prefer the colour of the cloth in the proto-type. Other than that its awesome looking.

Looks awesome. I love the base (once again always seems to get overlooked).

I think I actually prefer the regular head. He's just too damn ugly to want to hide it under a helmet. Maybe I'll put the helmeted head at the feet of Frodo

Yes, the cloth is way too red (or orange?)...the brightness of the red distracts the impact of the sculpt and cheapens the statue.

This is unacceptable...the prototype pics and the production pics are wayyy off!

Once again, another disappointment from SS for such a highly anticipated piece. wheres the QC?!

Yes, the cloth is way too red (or orange?)...the brightness of the red distracts the impact of the sculpt and cheapens the statue.

This is unacceptable...the prototype pics and the production pics are wayyy off!

Once again, another disappointment from SS for such a highly anticipated piece. wheres the QC?!

dude you're shmoking crack! the piece it self is awsome, yes the cloth is off a liltle but can be fixed. :mad:

:monkey2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA:monkey2

anyways nice pix's mate congrats :duff thanks for sharing:banana

still no notice for me yet.:banghead

too red or not...that's a minor gripe for me. this piece looks friggin' A-MAZING. i think its a job well done. my waitlist just converted so i am stoked. ss can't do too many angry orcs :lol. awesome!

I have to agree. This :

frontmask2lk4.jpg

does not look like this :

72101_press04-001.jpg

At the very least SS should have updated their website photo's before shipping it out. :(

Same thing happened with my Aragorn PF. Once I had it in hand, the cloak seemed to have come right out of a clothing shop, ironed and all. It wasn't weathered and "dirty" at all, like on the pictures. Come to think of it, the leather of my Lurtz PF wasn't weathered either, although I don't recall if the production pictures showed weathered leather or not.

And now this. It looks like this Moria Orc had a make-over and bought a new cloth to put underneath his armor. It's ridiculous! :mad:

Hi guys!

It is an awesome sculpture. I just paid my second Flexpay and will be receiving him next month. However I do agree that his clothes are too red and should have been a bit darker like the photos. I don't know why SS didn't update the site before sending it but if you think that it should be darker, there' something you can do.....

You can darken his clothes by doing some washes with burnt umber, red oxide and maybe some grey. You can mix it with windshield washer (the blue liquid you use in your car to clean your windshields) because it has a mix of water and alcohol already and the blue does not change the color of the paint. Just mask the Orc's skin and with normal tape so the paint doesn't get on it. Just make sure is the non permanent tape because those are not very sticky.

Then mix the pain about 60% washer to 40% paint and try in a place you can't really see it first to see if it works. Let it dry and you will have an idea if it is too much or if you should add more washer to it. It is better to be add to it than getting a heavy coat and not be able to take it off.

That will probably darken the material and make it look more natural and worn. Try to do spots of mainly brown and some grey and red here and there. so to make it a bit more natural looking.

It is easier than it sounds and it will give you a closer look to the prototype. Just remember to go slow and try a small section first to see the results before doing the entire thing. you can always PM with questions. I've done this before and worked fine. However if you want to wait until I get mine and do it so I can show you guys how it works, that's fine too.

Cheers :drink

Bear

Shouldn't have to weather anything on a $285 statue!!!

No, you shouldn't. You should be able to pull it out of the box to display it and have it look like the pic's you went by when you ordered it in the first place. I imagine some weathering won't be that difficult to do and hopefully SS will post some suggestions themselves [as they did with the John Wayne True Grit PF] but I'd love to know how a slight alteration is going to turn red fabric into maroon?

Hi guys!

It is an awesome sculpture. I just paid my second Flexpay and will be receiving him next month. However I do agree that his clothes are too red and should have been a bit darker like the photos. I don't know why SS didn't update the site before sending it but if you think that it should be darker, there' something you can do.....

You can darken his clothes by doing some washes with burnt umber, red oxide and maybe some grey. You can mix it with windshield washer (the blue liquid you use in your car to clean your windshields) because it has a mix of water and alcohol already and the blue does not change the color of the paint. Just mask the Orc's skin and with normal tape so the paint doesn't get on it. Just make sure is the non permanent tape because those are not very sticky.

Then mix the pain about 60% washer to 40% paint and try in a place you can't really see it first to see if it works. Let it dry and you will have an idea if it is too much or if you should add more washer to it. It is better to be add to it than getting a heavy coat and not be able to take it off.

That will probably darken the material and make it look more natural and worn. Try to do spots of mainly brown and some grey and red here and there. so to make it a bit more natural looking.

It is easier than it sounds and it will give you a closer look to the prototype. Just remember to go slow and try a small section first to see the results before doing the entire thing. you can always PM with questions. I've done this before and worked fine. However if you want to wait until I get mine and do it so I can show you guys how it works, that's fine too.

Cheers :drink

Bear

I guess I posted too soon. I'm looking forward to seeing your alterations.

I prefer the colour of the cloth in the proto-type. Other than that its awesome looking.

Ditto! None the less, this looks ^^^^ing awesome. Can't wait for it to arrive. Lurtz is getting kinda lonely. But the best thing is not around the corner just yet, Berserker is out in Summer!..

Should put a warning to be very carefull when applying weathering to this statue... don't paint the leg by mistake! ;)

I hope it's not really that red..I know it's christmas soon, but I don't want a santa Orc.. :huh

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't resist...

Seriously, I really like it but agree that the tunic looks to bright red judging
from these first pictures. I have the exclusive on PO but with so much else
coming and considering the current economic events in the world I'm not
sure what I'll be able to buy... I do like the LOTR baddies though and Lurtz
needs a friend, but if it will be the Moria Orc or the Berserker, or both :D,
I'm not sure.

I really hope that the flash is making it that red or that it just looks alot more red in these pics.

SS's quality continues to decline. And, if mine arrives and looks that red it is probably going to go back, and that could be the nail in my coffin for being a SS collector.

I would of canceled it and take a wait and see approach and get it later on. But, I used my rewards points on it.

I really feel like logging into my account and canceling everything I have on order right now.

First Aragorn, now the Moria Orc.

What is happening SS???

Holy Crap that is red. Personally I like the look sans Mask....I might have to get him from an AD and save some cash....I wish we did get a mask piece to toss on the ground.

Not is it only too red, it also looks too new. I won't cancel just yet but wait for the piece to see it with my own eyes, but I have to admit I'm not getting any happier from the pics that got posted here.

I just don't know how SS can expect us to continue to pay $300 for these pieces, when they come out nothing like what we ordered. And, the quality is lacking.

These aren't $7 or $8 action figures. These are supposed to be Top End Statues that we ARE paying Top Dollar for. I am starting to feel we aren't getting what we are paying for.

Back