Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF! Order NOW through the banner!.

Dissapointed!!!!! Still, Just Cant Believe Sideshow Dropped the Ball on this one.....NonetheLess, The Morgul Lord will Sell-Out.....Sideshow Will Make there Money and Move on to the Next one......

Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

all this pose talk. the people at sideshow are not stupid. they would not make him in an unnatural pose. i am sure its just the angle and the pics. the cloak also might add to the allusion of an unnatural pose.

The pose bothered me at first as well... and still does a little. I'm looking forward to seeing the 360° QuickTime roundabout. I have a feeling that it will tell me what I need to know about whether or not to cancel this order.

Nice, some pretty insightful comments there already! :clap:hi5:

I can't seem to get one approved. I think in order to get any negative feedback up there you first have to rave about it like:

YEEAAHHHH Awesome best job evar! I worship you Sideshow! You guys rock!!!! If I could juust say one tiny little thing about the pose real quick though it might benefit from thew tiniest of adjustments...BUT I'M TOTALLY STILL BUYING IT OF COURSE! YEAH MORGUL LORD!

I can't seem to get one approved. I think in order to get any negative feedback up there you first have to rave about it like:

YEEAAHHHH Awesome best job evar! I worship you Sideshow! You guys rock!!!! If I could juust say one tiny little thing about the pose real quick though it might benefit from thew tiniest of adjustments...BUT I'M TOTALLY STILL BUYING IT OF COURSE! YEAH MORGUL LORD!

Yeah they probably won't print the all negative feedback or overtly bad sentiments. Gotta go about it diplomatically I guess. Those comments are highly moderated and still a marketing tool, unlike here.

The people who are getting comments approved are phrasing it in such a way to be constructive criticism, and I hope that Sideshow does listen the requests. Hell, the notes are showing up on their production blog, so a few tweaks would be appreciated.

I do hope that since the sculpt under the fabric needs the work, that it will be an easy issue to fix some of the longer neck lines, and the sword could really be retooled to be longer...

I still can't wait to see this in person, and I am curious if this is a test for the rumored ringwraith on steed!

:lectureThis is just my thought... there is NO WAY sideshow will change anything on this product... or any in the future once the reveal is shown. How many people complained about the 2nd life-sized Predator mask (after the original Wolf bio) with no lense? I can't even count! They then went on to make 2 more masks... without lenses. Each one worse then the next!
Ofcourse partial blame can go to ADI who was part of that deal, thankfully it seems the new Predator mask will have a lense, but is licenced by a new company besides ADI.
Like I said There is pretty much no chance any changes will be made for 'ol Witch-King...

please prove me wrong!:dunno

Had the paint app's of the SSW been as good as the sculpt itself I might agree with you. Unfortunately, by Weta's standards they were fair at best...so I'll stick with my belief that the LSB is the definitive representation so far.

Agreed! The Morgul Lord Legendary scale bust is one of my favorite Sideshow items period.:clap

Agreed.....I dont think there will be Any Changes, Again......This will Sell-Out Reguardless, I was Hoping this was going to be my Statue of Statues, But Now my Vlad PF will be that Piece

Agreed.....I dont think there will be Any Changes, Again......This will Sell-Out Reguardless, I was Hoping this was going to be my Statue of Statues, But Now my Vlad PF will be that Piece

low_01.jpg

And sooner than you think. Looks like there's about 5 excl. left before that version sells out. :google I'm not sure if it's a very low ES, or it's alot more popular than alot of us assumed it would be. :dunno

And yes, no worries concerning Vlad...he will be awesome! :monkey5

Last edited:

The people who are getting comments approved are phrasing it in such a way to be constructive criticism, and I hope that Sideshow does listen the requests. Hell, the notes are showing up on their production blog, so a few tweaks would be appreciated.

I do hope that since the sculpt under the fabric needs the work, that it will be an easy issue to fix some of the longer neck lines, and the sword could really be retooled to be longer...

I still can't wait to see this in person, and I am curious if this is a test for the rumored ringwraith on steed!

:lecture.........if I can get my comment approved, anyone can. Start off with a positive comment, then a criticism after. But if you write something like this piece blows or sucks, stinks, etc, obviosuly they will delete it.

:lectureThis is just my thought... there is NO WAY sideshow will change anything on this product... or any in the future once the reveal is shown. How many people complained about the 2nd life-sized Predator mask (after the original Wolf bio) with no lense? I can't even count! They then went on to make 2 more masks... without lenses. Each one worse then the next!
Ofcourse partial blame can go to ADI who was part of that deal, thankfully it seems the new Predator mask will have a lense, but is licenced by a new company besides ADI.
Like I said There is pretty much no chance any changes will be made for 'ol Witch-King...

please prove me wrong!:dunno

Thats far from a fair example bro. The deal with the bios was that Sideshow had to produce them exactly how ADI did the master for them, which didnt have "quality" lenses to begin with, so SS had no say at all about the lenses. They would have changed it if they could, it was completely out of their hands. There have been plenty of pieces that have had minor tweaks after the proto was showed. I have to say though, the constant bickering about the same things post after post is starting to get annoying. :horse

And....SOLD OUT! :google

if its sold out l do not see them making changes.

Just cause its sold out now doesnt mean anything though. Im betting a large % of the ppl that ordered this are waiting to see how he will look at SDCC and waiting to see if there will be any changes made. If he looks the same come shipping time, only god knows how many ppl will cancel.

if its sold out l do not see them making changes.

Well they normally expand the edition size into the waitlist so that sold out sign does not really mean much as their initial ES could be anything. You're probably right tho' and they won't make changes. I guess we'll see if they truly listen to their fans and customers now.

And....SOLD OUT! :google

Wow that was fast for something that looks so bad. I'll take it as a sign that economy has officially recovered.

Had the paint app's of the SSW been as good as the sculpt itself I might agree with you. Unfortunately, by Weta's standards they were fair at best...so I'll stick with my belief that the LSB is the definitive representation so far.

Good point, Woodsy. The paint apps were definitely "plain" and not as intricate as other pieces, but then again, it's basically "black" with some metal thrown in.

The bust is indeed fantastic, but I was referring more to a complete figure, if you will.

Wow that was fast for something that looks so bad. I'll take it as a sign that economy has officially recovered.

Pre-ordering costs one nothing, though. Many got in there "safety orders" in just in case things are changed for the better or they simply grow used to the pose. We'll see how it goes come shipping time.

I guess an Eowyn to pose against the ML may not be too far off. That would at least help with the sales.

-I love the LSB, though the highlight color of the paint was applied with sponges and on mine it's a little too obvious. Especially in pictures.

:lecture.........if I can get my comment approved, anyone can. Start off with a positive comment, then a criticism after. But if you write something like this piece blows or sucks, stinks, etc, obviosuly they will delete it.

Thats far from a fair example bro. The deal with the bios was that Sideshow had to produce them exactly how ADI did the master for them, which didnt have "quality" lenses to begin with, so SS had no say at all about the lenses. They would have changed it if they could, it was completely out of their hands. There have been plenty of pieces that have had minor tweaks after the proto was showed. I have to say though, the constant bickering about the same things post after post is starting to get annoying. :horse

I for one think it's a perfect example of what "the fans think" not getting changed. ADI could have listened too.
I'm just on here saying what's on my mind like everyone else... is that not what this site is for? If it annoyed me I would stop reading. That's just me bro.

Last edited:

I for one think it's a perfect example of what "the fans think" not getting changed. ADI could have listened too.
I'm just on here saying what's on my mind like everyone else... is that not what this site is for? If it annoyed me I would stop reading. That's just me bro.

I wasnt referring to you specifically about the bickering, but I dont understand what you expect SS to do about a piece they have no control over. In this instance, they have complete control regarding this piece, they dont need someone elses permission to change this piece. There have been times when SS has changed their proto, so just because of the bio incidents, I dont think its fair to say SS never listens to their customers. All the complaints about the bio stuff didnt occur until after they started shipping on the Scar, and all of it was on the message boards instead of taking the complaints to SS themselves. All the same bickering on this board accomplishes nothing. I see tons of ppl saying the same thing over and over again, yet, they dont complain to the company that is actually making the item.

Back