Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

Easy pass. Unless Sideshow decides to fix it. But I ain't keeping my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Sideshow has show many times in the past that after they have put out the full production pics, they NEVER EVER fix anything tha we suggest here, I guess after its done,,,,its done:lecture

Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF? Order NOW through the banner!.

Whats with "safety order", then the contradiction? = raise the es some more why don't ya.

I don't care what I raise; if this ends up getting the tweaks that I would like to see then great and if I can see the piece up close and in person at Comic Con and decide I like it, then I know I have an order to fall back on. :lecture

Better safe than sorry. :moon

This is the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough!

He is gonna look reeeeeeal menacing next to Lurtz and Berserker (sarcasm).

The sword is straight out of a Happy Meal.

Now in all seriousness... to me it looks like they were trying to fit a top shelf centerpiece into a tiny detolf, and thats how they decided on the cramped, pathetic pose. They need to let the Witch King breathe a bit. Size and display space be damned. You want small go play with action figs or the new maquettes.

This is kind of what I imagined, arms outstretched, mace hanging, huge and menacing, no question who dominates the LOTR PF collection. Not cringing on a 6x6 round base.

6fs8co.jpg

I am so happy with Gandalf the Grey (10/10 imo) that I can almost forgive this entirely. Maybe in hand we can find a "magic angle" it looks good displayed at, or customize it even.

Morgul Lord is my all time favorite LOTR "badguy" so I had to pick this up. I did get the EX, but can't say I'm a fan of the "shredded cheese" covered sword. Needless to say that will NEVER be displayed with my figure... I was really hoping for a better EX.
I also agree that his sword is a tad smaller than I remember it. Considering his size I find it iteresting that his estimated weight is 12lbs. I'm going to assume his frame/body will not be made polystone? I hope he is not cheap plastic like they did with Boba Fett PFF.
As for his pose... I see what they were going for -with the momentum of his body getting ready to swing his mace. It just hurts the figure that you can't see his left leg.
Overall I think it's a good price tag for over 2 feet of PFF & the pose will grow on me.

I would love to see the mace dangling up in the air and at his side rather than sitting behind him. That is a damn unique weapon and needs to be shown off proudly without a doubt. If SS changed the pose to that one above I would buy two.:lecture

Now in all seriousness... to me it looks like they were trying to fit a top shelf centerpiece into a tiny detolf, and thats how they decided on the cramped, pathetic pose. They need to let the Witch King breathe a bit. Size and display space be damned. You want small go play with action figs or the new maquettes.

I am so happy with Gandalf the Grey (10/10 imo) that I can almost forgive this entirely. Maybe in hand we can find a "magic angle" it looks good displayed at, or customize it even.

Maybe you're right; they were trying to keep it within a particular height limit.:dunno I really wouldn't automatically dismiss anything anymore. But with this shipping in 5 months, it's probably too late to change any of that - they would have to get the styrofoam container and boxes redesigned as well.

As far as the GTG PF, I've learned that if SS changes anything, it will usually be a PF that everybody is in love with (Aragorn, Moria Orc tunic color), changing it into something sub-par from the original proto.:slap I won't rest easy until I see the production pics!

didn't order, but may get one down the road once in hand pics start to surface next year.
i have to say that the weta piece is one of the best to date. thought the overall size of this one is nice

Morgul Lord is my all time favorite LOTR "badguy" so I had to pick this up. I did get the EX, but can't say I'm a fan of the "shredded cheese" covered sword. Needless to say that will NEVER be displayed with my figure... I was really hoping for a better EX.
I also agree that his sword is a tad smaller than I remember it. Considering his size I find it iteresting that his estimated weight is 12lbs. I'm going to assume his frame/body will not be made polystone? I hope he is not cheap plastic like they did with Boba Fett PFF.
As for his pose... I see what they were going for -with the momentum of his body getting ready to swing his mace. It just hurts the figure that you can't see his left leg.
Overall I think it's a good price tag for over 2 feet of PFF & the pose will grow on me.

Dont ever pay attention to the SS site when it comes to a weight of the product, it more cases than not, it is completely inaccurate.

Maybe you're right; they were trying to keep it within a particular height limit.:dunno I really wouldn't automatically dismiss anything anymore. But with this shipping in 5 months, it's probably too late to change any of that - they would have to get the styrofoam container and boxes redesigned as well.

As far as the GTG PF, I've learned that if SS changes anything, it will usually be a PF that everybody is in love with (Aragorn, Moria Orc tunic color), changing it into something sub-par from the original proto.:slap I won't rest easy until I see the production pics!

He is still huge though, taller than the beserker excluding the height of the top of his helm. The shipping dates change all the time, so I dont read much into that either. Usually the boxes are the last things to get produced for these statues I would imagine. They may or may not have already started producing these; its not like there is a lot of work to go into the paint app. Everyone just needs to take a chill pill and wait til SDCC to come. The more complaining on this site there is, isnt gonna do anything; take yur complaints to their site in hopes of something getting done. :chillpill:

This is the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough!

He is gonna look reeeeeeal menacing next to Lurtz and Berserker (sarcasm).

The sword is straight out of a Happy Meal.

This is kind of what I imagined, arms outstretched, mace hanging, huge and menacing, no question who dominates the LOTR PF collection. Not cringing on a 6x6 round base.

6fs8co.jpg

well to be honest we all new he would turn out like this. from the very first pic pitu showed, we all new the pose looked weird and something big was off. and are fears turned out true. this is a disappointment, he could of been much more menacing and the mace should be hanging instead of sitting behind him.:mad:

Last edited:

well to be honest we all new he would turn out like this. from the very first pic pitu showed, we all new the pose looked weird and something bug was off. and are fears turned out true. this is a disappointment, he could of been much more menacing and the mace should be hanging instead of sitting behind him.:mad:

Where the hell is P!tu btw? He is the only one that has seen this in person.

That is his left leg... that's why the awkwardness is all the more disturbing..:monkey4

Ordered and will keep it. If I don't like it it shouldn't be a big deal to take to the statue underneath and do a repose. I want something like the weta piece or this scene from the movie. With all the cloth it is not like it will matter if the sculpt is a train wreck underneath...

vlcsnap-2010-06-25-14h13m19s85.png
[/IMG]

Very weak statue, first time ever I will say this, but the Weta one was 100 x better...:google...Thumbs down Sideshow for the awe Factor.

Back