MORGAN'S Hellfire Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardly anything

January-February:

I've got 2 very expensive packs (since they were heavily discounted and was on the lookout for over a year to get these):

Hot Toys: The Dark Knight - The Armory with Alfred Pennyworth & Bruce Wayne
Hot Toys: The Dark Knight Rises - The Bat-Signal with Jim Gordon & John Blake

March:

Hot Toys: Suicide Squad: The Joker (Arkham Asylum version)
Asmus Toys: The Mask (2.0 version, single pack release)

April:

Hot Toys: Suicide Squad: The Joker (Tuxedo version)

Summer:

XD Toys: Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest: Cpt. Davy Jones
Hot Toys: Suicide Squad: Harley Quinn
Hot Toys: Suicide Squad: Deadshot
Hot Toys: Suicide Squad: The Joker (Purple Coat version)
Hot Toys: Guardian of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer
Hot Toys: Cpt. America: Civil War: Iron Man Mk. XVLI
Hot Toys: Marvel's Doctor Strange

2018:

Hot Toys: Arkham Asylum Videogame: The Joker
Hot Toys: Arkham Knight Videogame: Batman

Will pre-order:
Hot Toys: The Pirates of the Caribbean full line-up
Hot Toys: Batman 1966: The Joker
Hot Toys: Spider-Man Homecoming: Spider-Man
Hot Toys: Logan: Logan

I'll probably cancel Wonder Woman if she's delayed again and get the solo-movie version instead.

other stuff:

- Canon 750D + 18-135mm lens
- Nintendo Switch + The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- S.H. Figuarts: TMNT: Raphael
- S.H. Figuarts: TMNT: Michealangelo
- a bunch of Lego sets from The Lego Batman Movie

So my 2017 budget is already fully used and I really hope there aren't many surprise releases from Hot Toys.
2017 might be the most expensive year ever for me (collectible wise). Luckily most of these figures are already fully paid for. (Except the Batman videogame figures) :monkey4

My 1/6 collecting days have been wearing thin. I'm waiting until IW figure lineup is released to see what's offered but if no interest in any of those, I might be done all together. The question then becomes, what do I collect now? Statues are more expensive and take up far more room that I don't have a lot of.

My 1/6 collecting days have been wearing thin. I'm waiting until IW figure lineup is released to see what's offered but if no interest in any of those, I might be done all together. The question then becomes, what do I collect now? Statues are more expensive and take up far more room that I don't have a lot of.

If you are interested in comic versions of characters then statues are the only way to go since Hot Toys inexplicably decided to ignore that huge market.

If you are interested in comic versions of characters then statues are the only way to go since Hot Toys inexplicably decided to ignore that huge market.

SSC is doing a 1/6 comic line, but I personally don't care for their figures. I also don't see myself buying much from HT, even with IW. If HT did a 1/6 line of the 90s movie turtles, I'd jump on it, otherwise it's time to get into something else.

Hmm....

17218525_1267354726683037_2926796487356157016_o.jpg

Not sure the short hair works.

Everyone looks great but I guess I prefer Thor's long hair. Let's see how it turns out on screen.

This is just Marvel appealing to the whims of the actors who can't be bothered to go through the process of looking like the characters they're portraying......again.

I actually don't feel the neon colours. It's okay for the Guardians but Thor? I guess retro is 'cool' or 'hip'... idk. But who am I to complain, I collect vinyl. 😅

This is just Marvel appealing to the whims of the actors who can't be bothered to go through the process of looking like the characters they're portraying......again.
Right... Hemsworth spends months eating a high calorie diet with a vigorous workout routine to take the screen as Thor each time... Yet throws a fit because he was to wear hair extensions? I'm SURE that's the reason for the short hair.
17130826.gif

Or maybe he lands himself stuck on a planet and forced to compete as a gladiator, perhaps for some reason without his hammer /powers, and cuts his hair short for battle.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Right... Hemsworth spends months eating a high calorie diet with a vigorous workout routine to take the screen as Thor each time... Yet throws a fit because he was to wear hair extensions? I'm SURE that's the reason for the short hair.
17130826.gif

Or maybe he lands himself stuck on a planet and forced to compete as a gladiator, perhaps for some reason without his hammer /powers, and cuts his hair short for battle.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thor and Loki both stopped wearing their helmets after the first movie because the actors didn't like wearing them. So yeah, I definitely believe he got tired of wearing the wig and the time it took to put it on and they obliged.

Back