Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone that ordered from Hot Topic received their Skeletor yet? Mine should be here tomorrow.

Mine will also be delivered tomorrow according to tracking. Fingers crossed. They are currently sold out online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m guessing that if it is the right one there will be more listed. According to what the website was saying through out, looks like 2 groups of 20 were sold. So that would leave about 410 more. If the website is right of course.

I’m guessing that if it is the right one there will be more listed. According to what the website was saying through out, looks like 2 groups of 20 were sold. So that would leave about 410 more. If the website is right of course.

this figure has been removed from their site. it appears to be sold out already. for 24 hours its been gone. it may be all gone for real. they like to say its gone, but then relist more a few hours later. they didn't do that this time. hope you got one.

They could have just pulled the listing to fix it too. If the exclusive really sold out that quickly and wasn't correctly listed in the first place, there will be some pissed off people and Mondo will most likely get the brunt of that feedback..

They could have just pulled the listing to fix it too. If the exclusive really sold out that quickly and wasn't correctly listed in the first place, there will be some pissed off people and Mondo will most likely get the brunt of that feedback..

i doubt it. Hot Topic is known for lazy listing practices. If mondo was concerned they would have provided the proper imagery.

My Hot Topic Order should be here in the next 2-3 hours. So as soon as I know I’ll pass it along. What is sad is I reached out to both Hot Topic and Mondo for clarification. Hot Topic customer service was completely clueless about any limited edition figure they might or might not be carrying. Stating the only difference is the weapons and their placement. [emoji55][emoji849]

While Mondo did say the image on the website was not the exclusive (which I knew that) and that the Exclusive was going to be available at Hot Topic in August. Also from the email I got from them the Exclusive didn’t seem to be a website only item, so it is possible some might make it to Hot Topic stores in select markets and only a handful will make it to the website. Either way it was handled poorly. In a way as much as I hope the figure arriving today is the glow in the dark, bone face, black gear exclusive.... I would also be relived if it wasn’t.
Why?? Because I have a host of friends wanting this exclusive and if it’s now sold out because it was misrepresented on the Hot Topic website where now the only place they will now find it will be from eBay scalpers for 2X to 3X retail is garbage. Granted I don’t expect everyone that works at HT to know about figure Exclusives but someone there should and when listing the item on their site...they should also have the correct description to go with correct photos. They don’t have an endless amount of Collectibles online so someone could at least be in charge of their collectible market there to make sure what’s there is correct. Then again maybe they have done that and what will arrive today will be the regular edition. Which if that’s the case no harm no foul and they were right all along despite not knowing anything about what they are selling.

So, in a way I’d love to see the regular Skeletor to show up at the house today, I can easily package him back up and return him for a refund and then continue to watch the site daily for the correct exclusive.

Take care - Jase

this figure has been removed from their site. it appears to be sold out already. for 24 hours its been gone. it may be all gone for real. they like to say its gone, but then relist more a few hours later. they didn't do that this time. hope you got one.

Guess we will see. But I have been watching closely and it looked like they had two listings of 20. The site listed how many they sold and had left. I am pretty confident they did not sell 450 of them. Yesterday it took all day to sell 8.

Just arrived. It is the regular Skeletor. Yellow head, purple armor standard edition. It’s not the SDCC Exclusive -So everyone the hunt continues! Packing this bad boy up to go back.

me too. regular. :thud:

edit: so i talked to my buddy and he claims he was told that this was the HT EX. i told him "you just made the list!".

bottom line. trust no one in the collectible game.

Last edited:
I’m just gonna keep the regular version . I mean what the hell are we going to do ?? Nobody has any clue when or if the exclusive is going to come out .

I’m just gonna keep the regular version . I mean what the hell are we going to do ?? No buddy has any clue when or if the exclusive is going to come out .

The regular is awesome. I've had it for a few weeks. There is definitely room for both so I am gonna order the exclusive once it goes up. They are very different but the regular is the definitive one if you were only going to buy one.

There should be no "game" with this, we are talking about a $175 action figure. They should have announced an exact sale date, instead of "August".

They should have also posted about them having the regular version for sale and not let this hang out there, causing people to buy it only to have to return it because it wasn't the exclusive that it should have been. There were enough places to get the regular one anyways, Hot Topic should have ONLY had their exclusive. Just created an issue for people wanting one, when it should not have been that difficult.

There should be no "game" with this, we are talking about a $175 action figure. They should have announced an exact sale date, instead of "August".

They should have also posted about them having the regular version for sale and not let this hang out there, causing people to buy it only to have to return it because it wasn't the exclusive that it should have been. There were enough places to get the regular one anyways, Hot Topic should have ONLY had their exclusive. Just created an issue for people wanting one, when it should not have been that difficult.

Totally agree. Was handled poorly. The lack of information and misinformation is glaring how much they care about collectors. Again we are a small percent of their sales at HT....so I’m sure they could careless.

I wouldn't have purchased anything if it was showing me the wrong item myself to be honest. Somebody at Hot Topic maybe got confused.

Last edited:
I don't think Hot Topic did anything wrong - there are certain items they don't sell in store so they mark it as an online exclusive
If it's a hot topic exclusive, it will state that in the title like all of their Hot Topic exclusives

Faker (Mondo ex) is limited to 750 and is still available, even at 450 for a Skeletor variant - I can't imagine it's going to sell out fast enough that people don't get a chance to order it

I don't think Hot Topic did anything wrong - there are certain items they don't sell in store so they mark it as an online exclusive
If it's a hot topic exclusive, it will state that in the title like all of their Hot Topic exclusives

THIS!

The fact they were showing a pic of the regular edition was enough to make me think it wasn't the Hot Topic exclusive.
Usually they are pretty good at specifying if its a store exclusive or just a general online (as in not available in store) exclusive.

Back