Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Skeletor just arrived from Sideshow so I don’t have pics since I literally just unboxed him but wow....even from everyone else’s videos and photos this figure is still something to see in hand.

Surprised at how thick the material is on the cape and the span, the thing could double for Batman’s! lol Love the detail on the accessories and that Havoc Staff is seriously impressive! Back to more unboxing and posing...lol

Some pics of the Hot Topic version -

eZy Watermark_25-07-2019_03-06-41pm.jpg

eZy Watermark_25-07-2019_03-21-53pm.jpg

FullSizeRender_eZy Watermark_25-07-2019_03-15-24pm.jpg

FullSizeRender_eZy Watermark_25-07-2019_03-15-25pm.jpg

FullSizeRender_eZy Watermark_25-07-2019_03-16-15pm.jpg

eZy Watermark_26-07-2019_04-13-59pm.jpg

I already have the exclusive ordered through Mondo but definitely would love to get the Hot Topic one two. Both of them side by side in a Detolf would love sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The hood is black on the HT Ex version as apposed to blue like the regular verson but I guess I can if there's others want to see that? I did put both versions side by side with each other so folks can see.

Ah, I see. If the skull articulates inside the hood, is there a way to remove the skull on its own? Might be a dicey prospect, just curious if you get that vibe from the construction.

Some of your requested pics - so Hot Topic version with Alcala head and then regular version with HT head.

Hope these help folks with their decisions. Let us know what you decide. :)

967a8ae40baf7e08ace0cd37b2fb22db.jpg

92559301801e8ad8042c93fdc0e2d689.jpg

0bf4fe4d05b6cfd1e18eee1b6c345b79.jpg

0b694b4d27c696b2d78c3eec2b3a23e3.jpg

What's the secret to changing the face plates? lol

I feel like the more I was trying pull it off the more likely I was going to break the peg or something. I even tried removing the lower jaw first. lol

What's the secret to changing the face plates? lol

I feel like the more I was trying pull it off the more likely I was going to break the peg or something. I even tried removing the lower jaw first. lol

It's a very simple system actually. It's just a long peg that goes from the back of the hood to the front where you pop the faceplate off. Stick your finger under the jaw and pull up and out towards the top of the hood. It's flexable so just go for it. :)

Last edited:
It's a very simple system actually. It's just a long that goes from the back of the hood to the front where you pop the faceplate off. Stick your finger under the jaw and pull up and out towards the top of the hood. It's flexable so just go for it. :)

So you could replace the standard Skeletor faceplate with the Hot Topic faceplate and still have the purple hood? I'm just really impressed with the HT head, it gives off a great 200X vibe.

I really think I should have got the Hot Topic version...but alas, I did not. Anyway, here's a review for anyone who's interested.

When I saw He-man, I had zero interest in this line. But seeing Skeletor, Faker, Mer-man and Man At Arms, I really am tempted to start collecting. It would be cool if they released a V2 He-man with a better sculpt. That's what I truly dislike and sent me away.

Some of your requested pics - so Hot Topic version with Alcala head and then regular version with HT head.

Hope these help folks with their decisions. Let us know what you decide. :)

967a8ae40baf7e08ace0cd37b2fb22db.jpg

92559301801e8ad8042c93fdc0e2d689.jpg

0bf4fe4d05b6cfd1e18eee1b6c345b79.jpg

0b694b4d27c696b2d78c3eec2b3a23e3.jpg

Thanks for the pics Eamon (and the videos, if course), much appreciated.

Damn, I really like that, too. Now I'm going to have to try to find a way to get the Hot Topic exclusive as well, hopefully without having to sell a kidney to cover shipping...

I just got my Skeletor. He had some unfortunate marks here and there (which I fear/suspect are from his armor/costume). Not a big deal to me, since he’s supposed to be a quasi-undead sorcerer warrior, but hopefully it won’t get worse. I was also considering replacing the body with a seamless one from TBLeague, if I can figure out how to dye it blue!
I’ll also say, I missed out on the Alcala head, and thought I wouldn’t care... But I have to admit it looks really cool in all you guy’s pics!
I wish he could hold his ram-skull staff better, but overall, I love this figure!

Back