MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel bad for Brock as he really wanted to and tried to get us some fun TMNT collectibles. But the manufacturer really screwed it all up for Mondo. With all the QC issues, the price became laughable. Glad they took the initial feedback to fix the rest but it's going to be 2018 before Raphael is shipped (which would be a turn around of 2 years).

I feel bad for Brock as he really wanted to and tried to get us some fun TMNT collectibles. But the manufacturer really screwed it all up for Mondo. With all the QC issues, the price became laughable. Glad they took the initial feedback to fix the rest but it's going to be 2018 before Raphael is shipped (which would be a turn around of 2 years).
Feel bad too
I think trying to fix the face seam is what's holding up the release of the other turtles

I'm keeping mine. Even with all the issues, these are still pretty wicked figures and they definitely tug at my nostalgia heart strings. But it's definitely beyond ridiculous that we're still waiting for the rest of the turtles for this long.

After the reception and issues they've had so far, I'm betting money that the line is dead and that we won't be seeing shredder or casey despite the previews. I mean mondo cancelled their madballs series after the initial 3 already so i wouldn't say the turtle line looks promising.

I do feel bad for him in a way but he was the person that made the wrong choice for setting the price too high or his action figures.
In no way it should cost more than double of what Hasbro's 12 inch figures. I end up liking the style of the Mondo Turtles very much and would like to see them succeed and perhaps lower their prices a little.

Yeah. I like these figures but I am definitely not blown away by them. At the pricepoint I paid, the quality should be nothing short of amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm keeping mine aswell, Leo Looks great on my shelf.

I really hope they continue with this line.

I'm going to keep my orders in for now, but if they put the release dates back again I think I'm finally going to throw in the towel.

Donny got pushed back again to mid June, just got the email. I think I'm about done with this line. Leo is cool but there are a lot of new figures coming out. Sorry mondo, but unless you drop the price to say $100 per figure I'm canceling.

Wow I'm really disappointed to hear this. I'm starting to really consider just dropping out of this line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another blog update by Mondo would be welcome.

Or just the figures. :lol

I read over at the technodrome forum something about all 3 shipping at the same time according to brock but haven't found any more info.

Donny got pushed back again to mid June, just got the email. I think I'm about done with this line. Leo is cool but there are a lot of new figures coming out. Sorry mondo, but unless you drop the price to say $100 per figure I'm canceling.

There are a few auctions on eBay for around $100. I wonder if the other turtles will be that low or if people cooling on this line will cause the others to be more expensive secondary? Either way, I'm good with Leo, I love that figure and might pick up a second to display both ways but I'm good stopping there. The NECA versions are my "all-in" group.

I'm still betting money they'll end the line after the other 3 ship. Far too much negativity towards the line (Not that some of it isn't unfounded).

I'm still betting money they'll end the line after the other 3 ship. Far too much negativity towards the line (Not that some of it isn't unfounded).
We'll see if Mondo is able to catch up on their quality.
Seems like Shredder is planned. Personally, I feel like there is some profit made with the turtles because the 80% of the sculpts are shared.

Mondo could easily make money on variant turtles such as black and white comic versions. They wouldn't need to paint them much and could still use the same sculpts and updates. I'm sure they'd be released in 2021.

Mondo could easily make money on variant turtles such as black and white comic versions. They wouldn't need to paint them much and could still use the same sculpts and updates. I'm sure they'd be released in 2021.

Then delayed until 2023.

The quality just isn't there for me anymore. I've waited so long I've lost interest. I bet I'll be able to pick the rest up for cheap on eBay if I want to. Already canceled mine. I don't think I'll purchase any more mondo figures based on how these went. I don't feel like they are competent enough to produce figures.

Back