MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled mine as well. Had the money I spent not been floating around out there and I had gotten the turtles I likely would have kept Them.

I just don't know... I still have them preordered at Sideshow with $20 coupons.
Knew exactly what I was getting with Leonardo and expected a huge delay based on Iron Giant, but not Dream Ex to have them beat well before #2.
Not that I can get them all anyway, but Dream Ex are all out now? They are each still a good $40 more though...

I just don't know... I still have them preordered at Sideshow with $20 coupons.
Knew exactly what I was getting with Leonardo and expected a huge delay based on Iron Giant, but not Dream Ex to have them beat well before #2.
Not that I can get them all anyway, but Dream Ex are all out now? They are each still a good $40 more though...

DreamEX is a bit cheaper if not the same price.
If you order from Lunar Toys it's $169 with free shipping. MONDO is $149.99 +shipping. Some places do offer free shipping or value shipping. Personally I feel like you get more with the DreamEX orders. And you can probably find a better deal in Asia.

Good idea, terrible execution.

I am keeping my pre-orders for now. Part of me still wants to have a complete set of Turtles and call it a day.
I'm hoping the lack of updates is a sign that Mondo is seriously catching up and deliver better quality.
Leonardo has a very impressive sculpt that will be shared with his brothers but the paint and production has room for improvement.

That's a can of worms though because if the others are improved it'll leave on inferior turtle. It's already going to be weird for some collectors to have the other 3 without seams on the head and Leo with them

At this point, I start to wonder about the manufactures capabilities of producing sculpts without seams
If not, What'sthe hold up?

If my understanding of producing plastic toys is correct, it would be super costly to make new molds that eliminated the seams issue. I'm assuming they are manually removing them after the fact. Probably a lot of time and labour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm keeping mine. Even with all the issues, these are still pretty wicked figures and they definitely tug at my nostalgia heart strings. But it's definitely beyond ridiculous that we're still waiting for the rest of the turtles for this long.

After the reception and issues they've had so far, I'm betting money that the line is dead and that we won't be seeing shredder or casey despite the previews. I mean mondo cancelled their madballs series after the initial 3 already so i wouldn't say the turtle line looks promising.

Did they seriously cancel the madballs comeback? I got the first 3. I have been looking, but i can't find any info saying they aren't going to make a second wave. Did you really read about a cancellation or is this just an assumption?

And to throw my 10 cents in about the turtles, yeah i'm disappointed with the delays but am going to keep my preorders. Leo looks awesome as a startup like figure. I do hate the problems he has, but would rather have him then not. Still looking forward to the rest and still love my mousers. Hope they continue the line and even if they don't, i'm glad they made an effort.

Did they seriously cancel the madballs comeback? I got the first 3. I have been looking, but i can't find any info saying they aren't going to make a second wave. Did you really read about a cancellation or is this just an assumption?

And to throw my 10 cents in about the turtles, yeah i'm disappointed with the delays but am going to keep my preorders. Leo looks awesome as a startup like figure. I do hate the problems he has, but would rather have him then not. Still looking forward to the rest and still love my mousers. Hope they continue the line and even if they don't, i'm glad they made an effort.

20170504_210534.jpg
20170504_210656.jpg

If that's too blurry (I'm on my phone so they look shrunk), go to Brocks Instagram "brockotter" and look at the comments on the glow in the dark madballs.

I really can't stand the way some of these companies communicate with fans these days. I hate trying to find buried responses on Instagram or Twitter threads to get up to date information about products.

If that's too blurry (I'm on my phone so they look shrunk), go to Brocks Instagram "brockotter" and look at the comments on the glow in the dark madballs.

Thanks for the heads up. That's a disappointment. I'm a big fan of anything 80s. I was hoping to at least get Screaming Meme and Oculus before canceling the line. I know there a couple of other companies trying to bring back madballs, but I really don't like the Xs on the one line out there.

I really can't stand the way some of these companies communicate with fans these days. I hate trying to find buried responses on Instagram or Twitter threads to get up to date information about products.

No kidding. Especially if you're someone like me who tries there best to avoid excessive social media. Too many places to check. Absurdity to it's finest.

They cancelled those faster than they announced them :lol

Glad I'm not the only one.
I was collecting a company that makes blind box figures and they were either not announcing anything or using various social medias to update on products which to me seems very unprofessional and lack of trust. Yet, company seems to be doing very good and the blindly supported by many... pun not intended.
I just just don't like that there are updates of certain products that I feel like "When did they announced that?" And there will be someone commenting "Yeah, revealed on snapchat/twitter or IG comment...".

If my understanding of producing plastic toys is correct, it would be super costly to make new molds that eliminated the seams issue. I'm assuming they are manually removing them after the fact. Probably a lot of time and labour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During production there will be imperfections on parts. There will be seams and plastic residue bits remain on the toy. It means the factory needs to polish the parts to make sure things like that are minimal.
High end toys like Hot Toys along with affordable ones like Playmates Ninja Turtles all use similar molding process. It's how much attention they put that sets the cost. From refining the sculpts, quality molds, quality control and paint applications.
It's all about the attention to detail.

Back