MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm...are people just jamming the swords in the hands? I have a feeling a little blow dryer to soften the hands before putting in the swords would remedy this problem...

It's nice that MONDO is leaving from their mistakes with the subscription, long wait time and such. They still haven't mention about the price point and trying to lower them. That's one thing that's going to hurt their business in the long run. Hard to justify it if they keep making large size plastic action figures with paint rub problems.

No it won't. Mondo will always sell because Mondo

hmm...are people just jamming the swords in the hands? I have a feeling a little blow dryer to soften the hands before putting in the swords would remedy this problem...
that might work, they are difficult to get into the hands, to the point I checked to see if I was using a wrong set of hands

Ok guys I got him opened up. Here are a few pics and my quick 2 cents review. The articulation is good. Not many paint issues,it's definitely not HT as far as quality the plastic getting out the clam shell was a pain. The seem is bad on the heads(on the side of the cheek) like a toy but not very noticeable from a far. It's a great looking figure from a foot distance it will look cool with all 4. As mentioned it's not on par with HT and I'd say should be at about $150 price point max. He looks great on a shelf and I'm happy overall. Here are some quick pics.
397613856cb2cd1ce178c4517e3e4868.jpg
c83d8850c59f1ed765f66584010fe6f3.jpg
03f4f5c80d27a146e57c4584f9b0f512.jpg
ad8c8f2ed1a5236646ba4af9e05be445.jpg
3493c4da3fe6cde88bbffad915d4d7f7.jpg
fa0efaa41dae9fde2f9b4eaa5e00f32e.jpg
07f6715885f09d4edc34ad36c94fecb8.jpg
e8a0d0771a720f34cb47f2f0fe54006f.jpg
6fdad74d259f6e8ccc1740d049f38c26.jpg
4cc1278e5a45031abc2b54b6e9337404.jpg
74d93b647b26e6ae024f52404fd8f225.jpg
a34f56a5cef978260f27a22e2895d070.jpg

(((((The swords were difficult placing into his hand they seem fragile be careful. Also be careful sliding the sword into the sheaths wiggle slowly they will get stuck or possibly break if mishandled))))))

Yeah, that's not paint rub, since the hands aren't painted (they're cast in that color). It's a tough balance with these dudes, as you don't want the hands too loose, but a tad too hard, and we get this. With mine, I don't have that trouble, as I pry the fingers open a bit, before putting the sample in.

Anyway, mystery solved- NOT paint rub. Will see about getting the hands with the upcoming turtles a tad softer. Thanks for the photos!

Yeah, that's not paint rub, since the hands aren't painted (they're cast in that color). It's a tough balance with these dudes, as you don't want the hands too loose, but a tad too hard, and we get this. With mine, I don't have that trouble, as I pry the fingers open a bit, before putting the sample in.

Anyway, mystery solved- NOT paint rub. Will see about getting the hands with the upcoming turtles a tad softer. Thanks for the photos!
might be the paint coming off the handle then?
Just an FYI, I don't care about these marks, looks a little battle damaged , great figure

Brock, any idea what painting method the manufacturer uses on the front shell? The brown wash seems streaky on some but better on others.

Whats up guys,

I got mine on Saturday, but haven't had a lot of time to inspect it. However, when I tried putting in the red mask head I just couldn't place it. I am afraid that if i put in more force I might break it lol.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I really wanted to display it with the red mask, but hopefully I am doing something wrong because the mold looks exactly the same as the blue mask one.

Thanks,

Noz.

Same problem for me. I get it on and try to position the head and it pops off.

might be the paint coming off the handle then?
Just an FYI, I don't care about these marks, looks a little battle damaged , great figure

[

Maybe? I thought it was said it was green marks on the other photos. Regardless, I think it's due to tight hands, not necessarily bad paint, or what have you.

Brock, any idea what painting method the manufacturer uses on the front shell? The brown wash seems streaky on some but better on others.

It's a wash. Was with any manufacturing of this kind, it's hard to make sure every single one looks exactly the same. I also think some people photos accentuate it, and it may not be such an issue in person. But again, it is an accept that's hard to control in production, but always something to strive to improve as much as possible.

Same problem for me. I get it on and try to position the head and it pops off.

You may want to try using a hair dryer to soften a bit, then put it on. After to this a few times, it should loosen up a tad to not be an issue.

Maybe? I thought it was said it was green marks on the other photos. Regardless, I think it's due to tight hands, not necessarily bad paint, or what have you.

I just assumed it was green paint on top of red paint, which gives off the color in the pic I posted
If it was cast in green, then what I am seeing is a lack of paint
Agree with you about the tight hands

Your damned if you do and damned if you don't
Hands that are too loose are more frustrating IMO

View attachment 310884

Is that a seam on his face?

This is definitely a hard pass for me - I'm kind of realized mid announcements that I might want to pass on these. Unfortunately I PO'd 3 of the 4.

No offense to anybody that likes these, but that leo looks cheap as hell. Looks like an upscaled playmates toy.

That is what I both loved & disliked about them, but after seeing the in hand pics, they look too much like a toy for the price that they are.

It's official. Mine are on the market. I have a regular Leonardo and a Mondo exclusive Leonardo for sale if anyone wants it.:gah::Flush:blissysmi

I'm gong to eat the cancellation cost & cancel the 3 POs that I had. Way to cheap looking for the price, but cheers to everyone who's happy with them!

USPS is messed up this week with delays.

Umm Christmas is Sunday ..makes perfect sense. :dunno How many packages are being delivered this week. I'm sure people are trying to get packages delivered by Sat.

Feel sorry for the post and all delivery services this week :lecture

Back