MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE what I'm seeing and the fact that this is an option for TMNT fans as opposed to having to settle for Bay turtles is amazing...BUT for the price tag I'd like to see at least SOMe kinda texturing or something for the skin, if not I'm still good but I think $80 is a more accurate pricing. Am I wrong in this thought process?

Don't get me wrong I LOVE what I'm seeing and the fact that this is an option for TMNT fans as opposed to having to settle for Bay turtles is amazing...BUT for the price tag I'd like to see at least SOMe kinda texturing or something for the skin, if not I'm still good but I think $80 is a more accurate pricing. Am I wrong in this thought process?

Yes :lol

Okay that's totally fine but instead of a laughing emoticon explain how I'm wrong, because this just isn't looking like a $150 figure. Again I want to reiterate the fact that I DO think these figures are cool as hell, but $150 cool? I dunno.
And please don't take offense, I'm not contradicting your opinion, I'm just wanting someone maybe more in the kno o fill me in on why the price is what it is.

Last edited:
Okay that's totally fine but instead of a laughing emoticon explain how I'm wrong, because this just isn't looking like a $150 figure. Again I want to reiterate the fact that I DO think these figures are cool as hell, but $150 cool? I dunno.
And please don't take offense, I'm not contradicting your opinion, I'm just wanting someone maybe more in the kno o fill me in on why the price is what it is.

Well, people say that Mondo is expensive. We don't know about licensing, all that good stuff either.

$150 sucks, but it's still better than some HT Barbie dolls retailing for $200+. At least I see some relief while thinking that.

Also, it the goddamn TMNT. In 1/6 scale.

I know my reasoning doesn't help, and believe me that I wish they were cheaper too. But what do we do, right?

Personally, I have zero PO's in the horizon, so it doesn't bug me as much as it may bug others.

And also, remember these are prototypes, who knows if there's texture added when they finally come out.

I don't think you're wrong, in fact I am still waiting for more details or a prototype review before jumping in. They are cool as hell but they look like a super sized figuarts. If there was a hidden ab crunch joint (like the revoltech TMNT) or if there was texturing or something else to justify 150 dollars I'd have got it already. From the pics we got it seems they are not even covering the little holes were they insert the pins to hold the joints together.

Will we have a heads up on the exact date?

I'm sure they will announce it a few days before like they did with Leo. And then you just have to update Twitter every 5 seconds when it's time to P.O.

I don't think you're wrong, in fact I am still waiting for more details or a prototype review before jumping in. They are cool as hell but they look like a super sized figuarts. If there was a hidden ab crunch joint (like the revoltech TMNT) or if there was texturing or something else to justify 150 dollars I'd have got it already. From the pics we got it seems they are not even covering the little holes were they insert the pins to hold the joints together.

i agree, i dont mind the price just wish there was more to the figures for that price such as faux leather goods(straps, knee and elbow pads) and cloth bandannas or diecast weapons(sans donnie). as they are now they remind me of those big figures at rus for lil kids in open packages, just large hollow vinyl toys. not high end 1/6 collectibles. glad many are happy but again im good with the necas i think.

I'm not certain that leather goods or cloth bandanas would look good. I really like this look Mondo has going and I'm not sure that a mixed media offering is the way to go for these.

And from that video I'm glad to see that Ralph doesn't look as neon as in some pictures I've seen.

Could someone post a link to necas version? I keep reading about them and want to make sure I know which version everyone is referring to.

Thanks.

Could someone post a link to necas version? I keep reading about them and want to make sure I know which version everyone is referring to.

Thanks.

Yes but you are comparing a smaller scale figure that cost only a fraction of what Mondo Turtles are priced.

Yeah that is important to remember, smaller scale and price (at the time).

I think the comparison pops up now because the NECA ones look really good and were affordable at the time, but unfortunately the price on those is alot higher for those of us getting into collecting now.

Yeah that is important to remember, smaller scale and price (at the time).

I think the comparison pops up now because the NECA ones look really good and were affordable at the time, but unfortunately the price on those is alot higher for those of us getting into collecting now.

This is truth. For same price you can get these giant Mondo figures.

I would love to add some weathering to one of these...but I suck..I'm sure some customizer out there is gonna do something nice!

It's already been said, but the NECA Turtles are in a smaller scale, 7-inch I believe. As nice as they are (I wish I had picked up a legit set when they were readily available and affordable), they don't do much for the person who collects primarily 1/6.

The NECA turtles are my favorites thus far. I imagine the conversions will be good. Those saying NECA will "not be in the same league" are full of it.

Back