MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never understood the logic behind wanting to buy something so you can sell it later on. Every piece I buy, generally comes with the understanding that unless something catastrophic happens and I have to part with my collection, every piece I buy stays with me for good. I've only ever sold 2 pieces in my 8 years of collecting high end stuff and one was because it took up too much room and the other because I wasn't happy with the final product.

I'll often buy something expecting to keep it but something more intriguing comes along and in order to fund that new purchase I have to sell something. It's never my intent but it does happen that my current collection will sometimes fund new pieces for me especially now having a family. The work money primarily goes to the family pot and I feel most comfortable funding my collection with my existing one.

I can't help but giggle whenever someone calls these things "pieces". I just can't.

Anyway, when are retailers going to put up PO's for Donny?

Never understood the logic behind wanting to buy something so you can sell it later on. Every piece I buy, generally comes with the understanding that unless something catastrophic happens and I have to part with my collection, every piece I buy stays with me for good. I've only ever sold 2 pieces in my 8 years of collecting high end stuff and one was because it took up too much room and the other because I wasn't happy with the final product.
I've never sold a figure yet, but ya never know
I've collected comics that I had no intention of selling but then years later, I sold them

I can't help but giggle whenever someone calls these things "pieces". I just can't.

Anyway, when are retailers going to put up PO's for Donny?

I use piece as a generic term that encompasses all the things I buy. Plus it's shorter than collectible :p

But what I mean is that yeah, selling stuff can be ineveitable whether its to buy something else, to make room, lost interest, etc. But to buy something and take into account its rarity for selling later? Thats never crossed my mind when buying.

I use piece as a generic term that encompasses all the things I buy. Plus it's shorter than collectible :p

But what I mean is that yeah, selling stuff can be ineveitable whether its to buy something else, to make room, lost interest, etc. But to buy something and take into account its rarity for selling later? Thats never crossed my mind when buying.

You could try "toys".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see the reason for nitpicking what others call their things but I also use "pieces" as a general term. Comics, statues, posters, toys, etc all fit under that label for me. Unless I'm making a direct reference to something I own, I don't label it by what it is specifically.

My above comment about selling pieces to purchase others is a general label. I could be more specific and say I've sold statues to buy toys or sold comics to buy posters but why waste the time? Who cares in a not specific conversation? Just a term that can describe many things... Even a gun or an ass for example ;)

This thread...

giphy.gif

Action Figures?

Or "Dolls" as my friends refer to them.

Anyways I just PO'd Leo, taking the plunge for this set because one they are all out, they are gone!

You could try "toys".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it has more to do with "a piece of collectible," the same way you would say "a strand of hair." It has nothing to do with toy or even art. If you don't have a set then you have a piece.

---

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what YOU call them. They are pieces of art. The same can be said of nice cars, watches, and lots of things. It's like Apple products. Apple just does what they do. Other companies make fun of them in their advertisements. Apple doesn't have to do that. All the collectors calling these toys, dollies, or whatever derogatory term is just like Microsoft hating on Apple. I feel bad for them.

Back