MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they will re-issue these like they do with their vinyls, or not reissue like they do with their prints.

I hope they don't. I am a collector who values rarity. I like that Mondo gave collectors like me a chance to own something that is 1 of 500. I love Hot Toys quality, but dislike not knowing how many are made (and really dislike reissues....like the Tumbler).

I hope they don't. I am a collector who values rarity. I like that Mondo gave collectors like me a chance to own something that is 1 of 500. I love Hot Toys quality, but dislike not knowing how many are made (and really dislike reissues....like the Tumbler).

But I keep buying them anyway....cause I'm addicted.

I don't care how many are made, I got one. That's all that concerns me

I doubt these will be reissued. Brock said on the technodrome forum (been lurking a bit in the thread there:) ) that they will not increase the ES on Leo or Donny even if they(not certain at all that they will!) increase the exclusives ES on Raph and Mikey.

And since the regular is widely availible I don't really see the point of a reissue.

I doubt these will be reissued. Brock said on the technodrome forum (been lurking a bit in the thread there:) ) that they will not increase the ES on Leo or Donny even if they(not certain at all that they will!) increase the exclusives ES on Raph and Mikey.

And since the regular is widely availible I don't really see the point of a reissue.

It would be to give fans a chance to own a complete figure with all the acessories essential for the character.

But seeing how Mondo operates their limited print run I doubt we will have reissues. Maybe some sort of con exclusive black and white version?

But none of the exclusives are essential. It's not like they're shipping the turtles without their weapons and only the exclusive gets them.

I don't care how many are made, I got one. That's all that concerns me

Some people need to believe their wieners are bigger, I guess.

I also don't care about exclusivity or rarity. We are all getting the 4 classic turtles regardless of a sticker on their box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also don't care about exclusivity or rarity. We are all getting the 4 classic turtles regardless of a sticker on their box.

My weiner isn't big, so instead I compensate with limited edition collectibles. When Hot Toys rereleased the Tumbler, my imaginary footlong lost a few inches. I'm like Ron Jeremy now that I have a Mondo Turtles subscription!

its not a weiner issue, it's a resale issue
For $10 more, I am guaranteed that there were only 500 produced, which makes it more desirable in the collector world
Yeah, u might never sell, but the insurance is there
Insurance that costs $10(and nothing if you got the sub)

It would be to give fans a chance to own a complete figure with all the acessories essential for the character.

The chance has come and gone. That's the nature of limited editions.

Did you miss out on the EX? Tough, but again, limited means not everyone will get one.

Yeah, I'm thinking 'Essential' might be pushing it a bit for me. Nice? Maybe. But not essential.

As for resale value? I feel like I'm the only person buying these things that never thinks about that. That's why it's called 'disposable income'. Once I spend the money it's gone. If I'm already thinking about re-selling when I'm purchasing a figure, then I obviously don't really want it that badly. I'd never try and use this hobby as a way to make money. But maybe I'm alone in that. At the end of the day, they're still just 'toys'. :dunno

Yeah, I'm thinking 'Essential' might be pushing it a bit for me. Nice? Maybe. But not essential.

As for resale value? I feel like I'm the only person buying these things that never thinks about that. That's why it's called 'disposable income'. Once I spend the money it's gone. If I'm already thinking about re-selling when I'm purchasing a figure, then I obviously don't really want it that badly. I'd never try and use this hobby as a way to make money. But maybe I'm alone in that. At the end of the day, they're still just 'toys'. :dunno

You'd be surprised how many collectors buy toys instead of paying bills. It's actually quite sad.

But yeah, while nice for those that want the EX, thank Mondo they didn't make the exclusive something worth fighting over.

Reg is perfectly fine.

its not a weiner issue, it's a resale issue
For $10 more, I am guaranteed that there were only 500 produced, which makes it more desirable in the collector world
Yeah, u might never sell, but the insurance is there
Insurance that costs $10(and nothing if you got the sub)

Maybe. But I truly don't care about that, but to each its own.

Never understood the logic behind wanting to buy something so you can sell it later on. Every piece I buy, generally comes with the understanding that unless something catastrophic happens and I have to part with my collection, every piece I buy stays with me for good. I've only ever sold 2 pieces in my 8 years of collecting high end stuff and one was because it took up too much room and the other because I wasn't happy with the final product.

Back