MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow really dropped the ball. They were the only company advertised to be carrying the turtles outside of Mondos site and now they're pretty much the only company that doesn't have it up for PO yet.

Look up scientifically accurate ninja turtles
scientifically they are females... judging by both chest and back plate shapes.

How to Tell if a Turtle Is Male or Female: 8 Steps

670px-Tell-if-a-Turtle-Is-Male-or-Female-Step-2-Version-7.jpg

Examine the turtle’s plastron. The underside of the shell, which covers the turtle equivalent of a belly, is called the plastron. To check the plastron, pick the turtle up with care. They do not like be handled and may try to bite, so grasp the turtle from the tail end so it can't reach around and snap at you. Gently turn the turtle over so you can see the underside. In male turtles, the plastron is slightly concave (curving inwards), whereas a female's is flat.[2]
•A concave plastron allows for a male turtle to fit over a female’s shell during mating without rolling off.
•The female’s flatter plastron gives her more room internally in which to grow eggs.
attachment.php

670px-Tell-if-a-Turtle-Is-Male-or-Female-Step-3-Version-7.jpg

Check the turtle for a tail notch. Male turtles often have a small 'V,' or notch, at the rear end of the carapace. This is to accommodate the tail when the turtles mate. Otherwise the tail might be crushed against the underside of his shell.
attachment.php

:D

670px-Care-for-a-Red-Eared-Slider-Turtle-Step-6-Version-6.jpg

i would so love to get them if they were playmates size. but 1/6 for simple toys with no details... too much for me.

Last edited:
They are males. The TCRI mutagen forced their shells outwards to accommodate for larger lungs. It also had a lot of other affects on their physical appearance, including a reduced number of digits on their hands and feet, the ability to walk upright, softened beaks, no pupils, and human-like teeth.

Sideshow really dropped the ball. They were the only company advertised to be carrying the turtles outside of Mondos site and now they're pretty much the only company that doesn't have it up for PO yet.

Either they are thinking about a NRD, or they took note what I mentioned. Stupid me, huh.:slap

Anyway, if these are 1/6, how tall would Casey and April be?

They are males. The TCRI mutagen forced their shells outwards to accommodate for larger lungs. It also had a lot of other affects on their physical appearance, including a reduced number of digits on their hands and feet, the ability to walk upright, softened beaks, no pupils, and human-like teeth.
:D
if it can cause the no pupils effect, there's really no way to judge them by species - and i cannot even say that they no longer have shells now, just two separated plates, soft enough to bend like humans )

It's like they believe they are the only player in town. They are likely trying to figure out a way to screw customers with a NRD for a $150 figure.

Glad to say I have ZERO open orders with them, and that's likely to never change. Tired of their games.

It's like they believe they are the only player in town. They are likely trying to figure out a way to screw customers with a NRD for a $150 figure.

Glad to say I have ZERO open orders with them, and that's likely to never change. Tired of their games.

Calm down keyboard warrior...there's no NRD on stuff below $200

Or maybe Mondo will screw us with a Sideshow exclusive version.

Why would anyone order these from mondo and pay their Outrageous shipping charges vs other sites and pay actual shipping?

Why would anyone order these from mondo and pay their Outrageous shipping charges vs other sites and pay actual shipping?

Just for the exclusive.
Other than that, you can order from other places possibly with free shipping and discounted price.

I'm honestly on the fence about ordering the rest once they get released for PO. I have the Neca set and I think this one might stand on it's own being displayed alongside them, it's just a ton of money thinking about the big picture. I'll have to see about it.

will coupon codes work on him in a month or so on sideshow?

Code + rewards would make him reasonable

I'm loving the finger pointing poses, but I can't help but hear Michael Jackson in my head every time... "You're doin' wrong, you're doin' wrong... Who's bad? Who's bad brother? Who's bad?"

:lol Well, it's the 80's...

(Glad to see this guy finally up on Sideshow as well.)

Back