MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures Announced

Pfft. That's little league stuff. How about the TMNT arcade game in my house? All four Sideshow exclusives and the Playmates statues? How about 95% of the original 1988-1997 toys MOC, and 100% of the 2K3 toys MOC? Lava lamps, modern and vintage plush, wallpaper, soap dispensers, modern and vintage water bottles, boxes of cereal, cereal bowls, color changing cups, signed prints and posters, hand drawn sketches. I have enough crap to open a museum, trust me. The things I mentioned are only the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe missing out wasn't the worst thing in the world for me after, all!

This is a generalized statement but I'm sure you won't like it... I've never understood the self labeling as "I'm the biggest fan of _______ because I have _________." Or anything to that affect.

Since when does the amount of material items immediately make one person a more dedicated fan over another? Just because one person blows their wad of cash or even has it to blow doesn't mean another person can't be an fan of an equal level.

I have the playmates states, sideshow statues, movie props, every issue, printing, misprint, of everything mirage has put out, all the playmates vintage line, continued... Doesn't make more more of a fan then the guy who has held onto and cherished his original, beat up, incomplete original 4 turtles.

Collecting and fandom should be fun. Not a pissing contest. Your attitude sounds little league

The little league comment was sarcastic, and obviously my tone didn't come through clearly. Didn't mean to offend and didn't mean to suggest that others aren't fans or deserving or whatever.

My point instead is that TMNT have influenced every day of my life for the past 27 years. As far as fans go, I'm as dedicated as you'll find. It's unfortunate that something like this figure, which definitely appeals to the hardcore fans, should be so hard to get. Certainly we can agree on that point, can't we? And again, I believe that my tone wasn't clear as my comments were in jest and not meant as a slight.

Do I also get brownie points for having an original set of Dave Rapozas Ninja Turtle prints of which only 40 sets exist? :D

The little league comment was sarcastic, and obviously my tone didn't come through clearly. Didn't mean to offend and didn't mean to suggest that others aren't fans or deserving or whatever.

My point instead is that TMNT have influenced every day of my life for the past 27 years. As far as fans go, I'm as dedicated as you'll find. It's unfortunate that something like this figure, which definitely appeals to the hardcore fans, should be so hard to get. Certainly we can agree on that point, can't we? And again, I believe that my tone wasn't clear as my comments were in jest and not meant as a slight.

My initial statement still stands about ppl claiming to be number one in their fandom. It happens and it just never makes sense. How can there be a number 1 and why does it matter? There can be millions of fans for one thing - no way to measure and it's irrelevant anyway. Couldn't help but lump you in that category cause like you said, you're tone suggested something else. Sorry for that if it was intended sarcasm - I jumped the gun.

Offerings like this are always a shame because it really does prevent many people from having something they would like. I'll agree with you there.

Do I also get brownie points for having an original set of Dave Rapozas Ninja Turtle prints of which only 40 sets exist? :D

You impressed me haha. I also have a tmnt tattoo but don't have those prints or replica weapons. Post a pic in the the general tent thread. I uploaded some pics in there of my small collection.

Last edited:

Can't we just all be shellheads, man?

image.jpg

I knew where you were coming from. The tone was a little enticing to argue with, though. I will say that these figures are STILL available. Just because you don't get the small piece of shredder armor doesn't mean you can't buy this leo. Imo, a tmnt fan who can afford these can buy it regardless.

My initial statement still stands about ppl claiming to be number one in their fandom. It happens and it just never makes sense. How can there be a number 1 and why does it matter? There can be millions of fans for one thing - no way to measure and it's irrelevant anyway. Couldn't help but lump you in that category cause like you said, you're tone suggested something else.

:goodpost::lecture:hi5:

You impressed me haha. I also have a tent tattoo but don't have those prints or replica weapons. Post a pic in the the general tent thread. I uploaded some pics in there of my small collection.

I have no idea what or where the tent thread is haha.

You impressed me haha. I also have a tent tattoo but don't have those prints or replica weapons. Post a pic in the the general tent thread. I uploaded some pics in there of my small collection.

I have no idea what or where the tent thread is haha.

My initial statement still stands about ppl claiming to be number one in their fandom. It happens and it just never makes sense. How can there be a number 1 and why does it matter? There can be millions of fans for one thing - no way to measure and it's irrelevant anyway. Couldn't help but lump you in that category cause like you said, you're tone suggested something else. Sorry for that if it was intended sarcasm - I jumped the gun.

Offerings like this are always a shame because it really does prevent many people from having something they would like. I'll agree with you there.

I hear you. Poorly stated on my behalf, but was trying to illustrate that the TMNT have been a lifelong passion, not a sometimes interest or a "hey, it's cool to relive me childhood" phase. The stuff I have is the manifestation of that passion, not the measurement of it. As I may have said earlier, not a day has passed since I leaned of the TMNT that I haven't thought about them or been influenced by them in some way. Heck, I even picked up comic con exclusives and hauled them around for 4 days for people over on the Technodrome for no monetary gain. Just happy to help others enjoy this passion that we share.

So far as dedicated fans go, I'm as dedicated as one can be, and it's frustrating that a random sale time from a company whose primary customers seem to be scalpers should make it harder for actual fans to get this kind of piece.

In any event, I meant no harm, and I am happy for everyone here who managed to score the EX. Pretty cool to have such a limited collectible, even if the path to it is anxious.

I knew where you were coming from. The tone was a little enticing to argue with, though. I will say that these figures are STILL available. Just because you don't get the small piece of shredder armor doesn't mean you can't buy this leo. Imo, a tmnt fan who can afford these can buy it regardless.

That was my thinking. When I heard that the exclusive was just shredders smashed gauntlet, I didn't really care. To be honest I still don't. I'm almost certain I won't display him with it. Ultimately I had to have the figures though and if it meant only being able to get a regular because the sub and exclusive sold out, I could live with it.

I will say that these figures are STILL available. Just because you don't get the small piece of shredder armor doesn't mean you can't buy this leo. Imo, a tmnt fan who can afford these can buy it

Fully intend to, though probably through Sideshow. Might as well pick up a few more rewards points. It wasn't ever an EX or bust proposition, but it is annoying that most of us didn't even seem to have that choice.

No scalpers for the exclusive or sub so far on eBay. Maybe that'll change once they start shipping but usually that stuff is up the second they get it so maybe all the exclusives and subs ended up going to non-flippers.

No scalpers for the exclusive or sub so far on eBay. Maybe that'll change once they start shipping but usually that stuff is up the second they get it so maybe all the exclusives and subs ended up going to non-flippers.

Haven't seen the First Turtle on eBay yet, either. Figure it'll happen once people have it in-hand. Surprised to see the high prices for the Lil Mikey figure, honestly. Just such an ugly looking figure in my opinion.

Back