Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

The figure has a 6'5" proportioned body and a tiny head- why does it deserve so many passes now? Guilt?

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Got mine.

The good:

The box is beautiful.

Head sculpt and paint are much more detailed than I thought they would be (pictures listed tended to look soft).

Clothing materials are nice and the color of the army jacket is accurate.

The body is super tight and the base has a strong magnetic connection. No worries about flopping.

There is a pose ability in the wrist that I really love. I wish other 1:6 companies would take note.

The guitar is a nice “extra” and feels like high quality.

The COA is another nice “extra”.

The bad:
The glasses feel fragile and were difficult for me to get on the headsculpt. I was sure they would snap at any moment during the struggle.

The patches for the army jacket are lame. For $300 there is no reason why they shouldn’t have been affixed in the factory.

The body is far far FAR too tall and lanky. I am a scale OCD sufferer and this body sets me a jar: lights flashing sirens screaming.

The guitar is too damn small.

No bone choker necklace. Grrrrrr.

No guitar playing hands to go with the, um, guitar.

Proportions are just plain weird and will take some futzing and acceptance to get over.

This should not be a $300 figure. More like $140-165.

Overall I give it 2.5 peace signs out of 5.

Got mine.

The good:

The box is beautiful.

Head sculpt and paint are much more detailed than I thought they would be (pictures listed tended to look soft).

The body is super tight and the base has a strong magnetic connection. No worries about flopping.

There is a pose ability in the wrist that I really love. I wish other 1:6 companies would take note.

The bad:
The glasses feel fragile and were difficult for me to get on the headsculpt. I was sure they would snap at any moment during the struggle.

The patches for the army jacket are lame. For $300 there is no reason why they shouldn’t have been affixed in the factory.

The body is far far FAR too tall and lanky. I am a scale OCD sufferer and this body sets me a jar: lights flashing sirens screaming.

Proportions are just plain weird and will take some futzing and acceptance to get over.

Good, honest review!

Based on pictures this figure looks average. Not great not terrible. All the **** M8 has put out makes it a little tough to go easy on this figure.

Got mine.

The good:

The box is beautiful.

The bad:

Please tell me where I can buy something like this for $140 I'll have three :rotfl

One more “bad” I forgot to mention...

The headsculpt being separated from the neck needs to be eliminated by all 1:6 companies and it is especially bad on this figure. It lessens every likenesses potential and especially on this figure, the gap between head and neck is BAD.

We got rid of the doll dot in the eyes. Now let’s take care of this folks.

Got mine.

The good:

The box is beautiful.

The bad:

The headsculpt being separated from the neck needs to be eliminated by all 1:6 companies and it is especially bad on this figure. It lessens every likenesses potential and especially on this figure, the gap between head and neck is BAD.

I suspect a lot of the proportion and neck seam issues could be fixed by swapping the body out for an appropriate Phicen, TrueType or third-party offering, but for $300 you really shouldn't be having to consider that.

Got mine.

The good:

The box is beautiful.

The bad:

I have to say mate about these bad points

:The glasses feel fragile and were difficult for me to get on the headsculpt. I was sure they would snap at any moment during the struggle.

I had no issues, you have to make sure they go in above the ears or they dont go on because the hair gets in the way, They are not fragile you can bend them and bend them back I did lol try it

:The guitar is too damn small

My child has a guitar and I have to say if it is smaller its not by much as my childs one looks the same on me (yes its full size)

:No bone choker necklace. Grrrrrr.

They said they could not do the choker as it would not lie correctly

:No guitar playing hands to go with the, um, guitar.

The guitar was complementary and came after the hands were made, it wasn't even supposed to be part of it

:This should not be a $300 figure. More like $140-165.

Again Ill ask where the **** you can buy something like this for 100 quid because I been collecting a while now and I have not come across anything for that price that is like how this feels and looks. I did just get a medicom Mad hatter for £110 and the difference between them is like night and day, please point me in the right direction as Im dying to know or maybe sell me yours :rotfl

Pleeeease tell me your not getting Wonka

I don't believe the $140-165 is based on what you get, but on quality. I don't have the figure, so I can't completely commit to that number. It doesn't look great just good. If good suits you then so be it.

I don't believe the $140-165 is based on what you get, but on quality. I don't have the figure, so I can't completely commit to that number. It doesn't look great just good. If good suits you then so be it.

I would just like to know where he can buy a figure for $140 like this because I got mine today and if this is a $140 figure I want to know where he gets his figures from because I want to shop there to.

Last edited:

I have to say mate about these bad points

:The glasses feel fragile and were difficult for me to get on the headsculpt. I was sure they would snap at any moment during the struggle.

I had no issues, you have to make sure they go in above the ears or they dont go on because the hair gets in the way, They are not fragile you can bend them and bend them back I did lol try it

:The guitar is too damn small

My child has a guitar and I have to say if it is smaller its not by much as my childs one looks the same on me (yes its full size)

:No bone choker necklace. Grrrrrr.

They said they could not do the choker as it would not lie correctly

:No guitar playing hands to go with the, um, guitar.

The guitar was complementary and came after the hands were made, it wasn't even supposed to be part of it

:This should not be a $300 figure. More like $140-165.

Again Ill ask where the **** you can buy something like this for 100 quid because I been collecting a while now and I have not come across anything for that price that is like how this feels and looks. I did just get a medicom Mad hatter for £110 and the difference between them is like night and day, please point me in the right direction as Im dying to know or maybe sell me yours :rotfl

Just my opinion. You seem to take any critique (constructive or not) as a personal insult. I have been a supporter of this from the beginning and I’m giving my honest opinion, sorry if that offends you. :wave

Just my opinion. You seem to take any critique (constructive or not) as a personal insult. I have been a supporter of this from the beginning and I’m giving my honest opinion, sorry if that offends you. :wave

No not insulted I just want to know what figures you have for $140 that are as good as this then I will be able to buy them.

Im actually being serious, please tell me

Saying they couldn't include guitar hands because the guitar was added after the hands were made is ****ing ridiculous. With all the delays they couldn't make 2 more hands? That's your argument? And the guitar definitely looks undersized from every photo I've seen of it. Maybe if the body wasn't so gigantic it wouldn't stick out as much.

No not insulted I just want to know what figures you have for $140 that are as good as this then I will be able to buy them.

Oh is that all? Are you in the market for out of proportion 1:6 bodies with mismatched skin tones then? I’ll keep an out and let you know. Toys r us has gone bust, so you may be out of luck. Maybe some minimally skilled custom artists on eBay desperate for a sale can help you out?

Also I own 6 guitars and yes, this one is woefully undersized... you compare it to a kiddie guitar your child has? :lol

Saying they couldn't include guitar hands because the guitar was added after the hands were made is ****ing ridiculous. With all the delays they couldn't make 2 more hands? That's your argument? And the guitar definitely looks undersized from every photo I've seen of it. Maybe if the body wasn't so gigantic it wouldn't stick out as much.

Here we go billy big bollocks is here :rotfl

Oh is that all? Are you in the market for out of proportion 1:6 bodies with mismatched skin tones then? I’ll keep an out and let you know. Toys r us has gone bust, so you may be out of luck. Maybe some minimally skilled custom artists on eBay desperate for a sale can help you out?

Also I own 6 guitars and yes, this one is woefully undersized... you compare it to a kiddie guitar your child has? :lol

Answer the question what $140 figures compare with this?

Back