Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Got mine.

The good:

The box is beautiful.

Head sculpt and paint are much more detailed than I thought they would be (pictures listed tended to look soft).

Clothing materials are nice and the color of the army jacket is accurate.

The body is super tight and the base has a strong magnetic connection. No worries about flopping.

There is a pose ability in the wrist that I really love. I wish other 1:6 companies would take note.

The guitar is a nice “extra” and feels like high quality.

The COA is another nice “extra”.

The bad:
The glasses feel fragile and were difficult for me to get on the headsculpt. I was sure they would snap at any moment during the struggle.

The patches for the army jacket are lame. For $300 there is no reason why they shouldn’t have been affixed in the factory.

The body is far far FAR too tall and lanky. I am a scale OCD sufferer and this body sets me a jar: lights flashing sirens screaming.

The guitar is too damn small.

No bone choker necklace. Grrrrrr.

No guitar playing hands to go with the, um, guitar.

Proportions are just plain weird and will take some futzing and acceptance to get over.

This should not be a $300 figure. More like $140-165.

Overall I give it 2.5 peace signs out of 5.

Nice review Pixel....

Finally a known source....

As far as bad proportions go...at 300 dollars this should not be an issue.

People cancelled VTS Furiosa for her shrunken body alone....but she was 145.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

How do you put the strap on the pin at the bottom of the guitar do you just push through one of the holes?

The bottom of the guitar has a head that you just push through the bottom hole. The neck attaches to the strap above the nut via the brown piece of string pushed under the strings and then looped on itself. The end of the brown string has a head which you can then push through the end hole on the opposite side of the strap.

Got mine.

The good:

The box is beautiful.

Head sculpt and paint are much more detailed than I thought they would be (pictures listed tended to look soft).

Clothing materials are nice and the color of the army jacket is accurate.

The body is super tight and the base has a strong magnetic connection. No worries about flopping.

There is a pose ability in the wrist that I really love. I wish other 1:6 companies would take note.

The guitar is a nice “extra” and feels like high quality.

The COA is another nice “extra”.

The bad:
The glasses feel fragile and were difficult for me to get on the headsculpt. I was sure they would snap at any moment during the struggle.

The patches for the army jacket are lame. For $300 there is no reason why they shouldn’t have been affixed in the factory.

The body is far far FAR too tall and lanky. I am a scale OCD sufferer and this body sets me a jar: lights flashing sirens screaming.

The guitar is too damn small.

No bone choker necklace. Grrrrrr.

No guitar playing hands to go with the, um, guitar.

Proportions are just plain weird and will take some futzing and acceptance to get over.

This should not be a $300 figure. More like $140-165.

Overall I give it 2.5 peace signs out of 5.

Solid review.

"...just like starting over..."

Got the shirt buttoned - quite an exercise in patience and dexterity! That tool alone won't do it - it helps, but you have to help push the button through. Really wish they had included a pick hand (with a pick attached).

I have tried removing the neck plug from the sculpt - in order to shave it down and recede it to fix the neck - but it's glued in there good. Not going to be easy.

fdc0b06f6325b11d51b78cecc6ded824.jpg

Glad we've confirmed they aren't using the same cheap glue Hot Toys is fond off.

If you have not seen Michael Crawford's review, check it out. Excellent, honest review.

Got the shirt buttoned - quite an exercise in patience and dexterity! That tool alone won't do it - it helps, but you have to help push the button through. Really wish they had included a pick hand (with a pick attached).

I have tried removing the neck plug from the sculpt - in order to shave it down and recede it to fix the neck - but it's glued in there good. Not going to be easy.

That's one fantastic shot. Great composition & lighting... natural pose... and it hides a lot of the shortcomings of the figure.

I can't believe this is the culmination of this thread.

Couple quick shots out of the box. Didn’t put the jacket decals on yet. The relaxed expression HS is quite good, but so far QC issues galore. The black cushion foam from the inserts actually rubbed off on the hands, base, and both head sculpts. Who knows what else. 🤦*♂️ [emoji849] I’ll put together a video at some point, won’t be a full review because I’m still unpacking from my move and acclimating to my new job.
d4f56b17189d0bbea2959dd6afae56fc.jpeg
2248d0c7d41fabacc05a0c7e7d66f1ec.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job on leaving gaps between the fingers looks very real m8

Has anyone contacted MH8 about a replacement body yet? I'm dying to hear their response, or cringe at their non response.

Glad Clipper could sneak away from the retirement home. :monkey3

Watching the review now.

They responded to some and offered entire replacement figures free of charge. I heard of this happening with at least two different people.

Who has needed replacements?

Back