Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

My first Sideshow figures were Frankenstein's Monster and Nosferatu, I think I got them for 22 dollars each from KB Toys... And Dragon's figures were around 35 dollars back in the early '00s

Memories indeed! :lol

I was living in Japan at the time... Perhaps I was overpaying a bit, lol! I do remember some figures that were in the $50 range, but most I saw in Tokyo were more expensive. Most likely a mark-up. This is way before the ease of internet access and purchasing online. And I agree with you concerning reasons for the rising cost of figures, especially from certain brands.

Well, that's a different story then, I don't have a clue what these were being sold for in Japan. I'd just like to add, that I didn't by a single 1:6 figure on the web until 2004. You could find the earliest 1:6 figures in Los Angeles at local retailers and importers who sold through consignment shops.
Yes, you could buy the Sideshow Bond line at Towers Records (memba them?) for $29.99 on initial release. I know, because I bought them. And that was 2002.

It might surprise you but last I heard, Tower Records was still going strong in Japan.

My first Sideshow figures were Frankenstein's Monster and Nosferatu, I think I got them for 22 dollars each from KB Toys... And Dragon's figures were around 35 dollars back in the early '00s

The first 1/6 scale Frank? I bought mine at the Suncoast in Downey California, it must've been 2000, I think I paid $40 though since they were new.

My first SSC figure was also Bond, my first HT figure was Speed SWAT Reeves, before practically anyone here knew who HT was, it was one of their very first Movie figures as I recall. I forget what year that came out, maybe 2003/4?

I remember picking up the ultimate soldier ww2 figs at TRU when they first came out for around 30 bucks and my wife at the time complaining about the price...

9b7d7f7bf1e13a4517afd9bfd9d9c098.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has become the memba thread.

And I do memba Suncoast. Loved that store. Got all my videos, movie books and sometimes even toys at that place in the Westside Pavilion.

Yup! Tower Records! What was the other one? Anyway, I bought my first figure at a small toy store in Akihabara, Tokyo... BBI Navy Seal, had a mouth that opened and closed using a key that you'd stick in a slot under the rubber skin on the back of the neck... Cost me about 9000 Yen or so (around $80 usd) if I remember correctly. Meh, maybe it was less. Ahhh, memories!

I'd love to see a photo of this never seen a feature like that before - a PERS mouth!

And a form of PERS makes a return with the new Johnny Depp DX Pirate. And swappable faces instead of heads. I figured that it would be a Depp or something similar that gets the DX treatment.

Well, that's a different story then, I don't have a clue what these were being sold for in Japan. I'd just like to add, that I didn't by a single 1:6 figure on the web until 2004. You could find the earliest 1:6 figures in Los Angeles at local retailers and importers who sold through consignment shops.

It might surprise you but last I heard, Tower Records was still going strong in Japan.

There is a really cool Tower Records in Osaka that I go to whenever I am in Japan...business is definitely booming at that one!

Did this start shipping out already?

should be In hand pictures soon right? with about a 1,000 orders , this thread should be flooded with pictures in the next couple of days.

Did this start shipping out already?

should be In hand pictures soon right? with about a 1,000 orders , this thread should be flooded with pictures in the next couple of days.

Uh.. Even taking what they have said as gospel truth, the earliest this would be hitting customers would be first week of June. :lecture

Translation: We are clearing the PayPal bank then making like a tree and getting out of here.

Back