Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

What if Moe is running M8? We need an inside man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two weeks left to go in May and still no pictures of an actual figure...M8 describes amazing advances that they are making but Hot Toys has posted pictures of COMPLETE figures that are releasing in March of 2018...M8 still has nothing to show for a figure that is shipping in two weeks??? All they have to do is come clean and admit that the thing is not shipping in May...

2 weeks ago they said the figure would be shown within a week. They are either completely unprepared/disorganized or simply dishonest.

I was excited when I saw this originally posted. But I just can't justify $300 for something that could literally be nonexistant. I mean, even proto-clothes would be better than nothing.

I want this, but I can't justify on paying anything until we see a full prototype.

Optimistic this will be released within 12-15 months time (definitely won't be in May 2017), full prototype in the next 2-3 months (the 2nd sculpt isn't even ready, if not, KA Kim would have posted teasers by now), so plenty of time to decide.

Yep... this figure does not seem destined for 2017 but why not announce a delay like everyone else does? Delays are an understandable part of collecting, being told a figure that a prototype has not even been show for is shipping in two weeks is not...M8 seems to hope that use of the word "soon" can outweigh most collectors' years of experience in interpreting release schedules.

Have been following closely and not weighing in. I'd kill for an Imagine Lennon and that head sculpt obviously is one of the best I've ever seen,

but I think one of the following things is the case here

1) They don't exist or is a glorified kickstarter project and now that they took peoples money they will *attempt* to make a figure
2) That and it will come out not nearly as promised and certainly not with that endoskeleton thing. If that gets released it will just be this plastic thing and the Lennon body may have it under his clothes with some fat suit thing and with a regular old hot toys neck adapter thing slapped on it

Have been following closely and not weighing in. I'd kill for an Imagine Lennon and that head sculpt obviously is one of the best I've ever seen,

1) They don't exist or is a glorified kickstarter project and now that they took peoples money they will *attempt* to make a figure
2) That and it will come out not nearly as promised and certainly not with that endoskeleton thing. If that gets released it will just be this plastic thing and the Lennon body may have it under his clothes with some fat suit thing and with a regular old hot toys neck adapter thing slapped on it

If either of those end up being true, they will be dead as a company right away.

Wonka-Suspense is terrible-I hope it will last.gif

I find it very hard to believe that they had 1,000ish orders as claimed. SSC figures with runs like that take a long time to sell out in some cases, and they have a pretty major marketing arm, plus a lot of retailers distributing product, and a reputation and existing customer base. Typical runs of high end customs at this price point, on the extreme end, don't usually get over 100 or so (thinking about some Cult King and Rainman stuff). Sure, Lennon is a really popular figure in history and all, but 1,000 at $300 a piece? In the span of a month or so? With very little marketing that I've seen, and no reputation to build on?

And if you can't buy into this, can you buy into any of the rest of it?

:goodpost::exactly:

how does the song in Willy Wonka go again..? "Come with me into a world of pure imagination..." yep...they should have done Wonka first....

how does the song in Willy Wonka go again..? "Come with me into a world of pure imagination..." yep...they should have done Wonka first....

Lennon is already perfect if this turns out to be nothing, what's more fitting than "Imagine"?

With that said, I hope all of the negative Nancys in here are proven wrong. ;)

I find it very hard to believe that they had 1,000ish orders as claimed. SSC figures with runs like that take a long time to sell out in some cases, and they have a pretty major marketing arm, plus a lot of retailers distributing product, and a reputation and existing customer base. Typical runs of high end customs at this price point, on the extreme end, don't usually get over 100 or so (thinking about some Cult King and Rainman stuff). Sure, Lennon is a really popular figure in history and all, but 1,000 at $300 a piece? In the span of a month or so? With very little marketing that I've seen, and no reputation to build on?

And if you can't buy into this, can you buy into any of the rest of it?

Well some of us haven't bought into from the very start so.

Back