Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

Did they Go out of Business Already ?

schilling.jpg

Thanks guys, I think how they answer it will be telling. I'd like to find out what they've learned (if anything) from production issues that other companies have faced and how they are planning to prevent these, if it's even possible.

I'd be surprised if we got more than a stock "blah blah blah quality control" PR answer. What I'm hoping for is an insightful conversation digging into the nuts and bolts of the material selections, paint process, production line and product testing.

My underlying point is that if you are going to charge a premium price in an already too expensive hobby then potential customers should have some kind of assurance that your product warrants the increased cost and will not suffer from known issues.

Also it would be worth asking about manufacturing timelines... We all know that end of May for Lennon is crazy aggressive / impossible. Do they intend to be able to manufacture that quickly when a piece is ready to produce?

The good thing about the timing of the podcast is you will be able to flat out ask "is this figure shipping in 10 days?"

I'd like to find out what they've learned (if anything) from production issues that other companies have faced and how they are planning to prevent these, if it's even possible.

The good thing about the timing of the podcast is you will be able to flat out ask "is this figure shipping in 10 days?"

These are two great questions.

Doubt they'll answer the first with anything specific for fear of insulting the big boys who will be distributing their product one day. Certain the answer to the second will be "no" with a promising 'soon' response.

They still haven't mustered up those full pics of Lennon we were supposed to see last week.

soon...

1. Do they have any female figures in the pipeline? The licenses seem somewhat male centric and I'll be interested to see if they are planning to do a female endoskeleton and body system, as well as some good characters.
2. How many figures do they plan to produce a year? (i.e. like Blitzway < 5/year; Star Ace/Asmus 5-15/yr; or more)
3. Are there other license announcements coming?

While it is nice to see a new player in the market, a great head sculpt and an innovative looking endoskeleton does not a company make. So I've started reigning in my expectations until we see a first figure in hand and have an idea of what they plan to do longer term.

Last edited:
Molecule8 (New company)

I don't have any questions that haven't already been asked. I just want to see the full Lennon figure.

I would like to get confirmation of ssc distribution. And if so, whether or not there will be exclusives to incentivize direct purchases. Clarification on the timeline would also be nice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to hear their response to asking if it'll actually ship out in time.

Again more renders no print this just get weirder and weirder this company has some weird fetish with showing only renders! :dunno
$100 cheaper than lennon :rotfl

Mk 1 Endoskeleton is up for preorder.

https://molecule8.com/product/endo/

Shipping this July.

I can't figure out why anyone would want one unless their interest was academic.

I knew it. They just selling their supposed under-skeleton.

And not even a real one at that. Just pretty space drawings.

The armature is $200 and a John Lennon figure with accessories, supposedly using that armature is $300? :huh

HAHAHAH is that a Joke?

Yea and i am going display it next to my bare figure

review_ttmb_4.jpg

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't just pay the $100 more for the skeleton covered with skin, and clothes, and two headsculpts that you get with Lennon. You could just sell that other stuff and end up with a $50 skeleton or so. But I guess you wouldn't get the metal skeleton head. . .

--edit: I see there is a "themed display case" with LEDs, so that's something that sets it apart.

Likes like their Quality is already dropping big time.

endo.jpg

Back