Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

We've all grown so weary in this game that we're picking apart any new players. I want this company to do well and I hope they come here to field questions about upcoming products.

What ad wizards are coming up with these company names nowadays? Sounds like an energy drink brand to me.

I saw a special exhibit on Lennon at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame back around the year 2000.

One of the items on display was a pair of life size busts, one of John and one of Sean. Sean was a little kid. So it must have been from around 1978 or 79 maybe. What was interesting was that they were scanned by lasers into a computer. Essentially what Gentle Giant has been doing for years. I had no idea that the technology existed as far back as the 70s.

Obviously the detail wasn't nearly as good as today. The busts were pretty smooth if I remember. This head sculpt is light years beyond that.

But it's interesting to think that maybe, just maybe, if someone had the foresight, they saved the data and there's a digital scan of Lennon somewhere? I highly doubt it though...surely that data was lost decades ago.

If I can find pics of the actual busts I'll post them. They are from Yoko's private collection so who knows if they're even on display somewhere now.

Both dirt links lead to nowhere dude. And some news on their Facebook would be cool to officially announce themselves.

The investigative skills here are quite impressive.

Just showing that that's as much dirt as there is. Reading it again it sounds like the likelihood of bankruptcy which was averted in time?

32960596521_9d79d1138c_o.png

But looking up the law, this is what it refers to:

the beauty of this is all properties will handed to the crown.

For a second there this was a really exciting day dream...K.A. Kim working with a cutting edge new player on the 1/6 scale block with grail level licenses all locked up...now the sobering reality sinks in and all of the flim flam between the lines of all of this "company's" material becomes abundantly clear...next they will ask for customers to contribute money in advance to fund the acquisition of these licenses and a discount for "sponsors" once the figures are eventually made...very easy for a start-up with some left over video game money to pay K.A. Kim, who is a freelancer, upfront for the production of a prototype headsculpt to generate interest in their "venture"....and judging by this thread they got something out of their investment as far as buzz goes...

It makes me laugh - the usual SSF endless circles of repeating the same thing over and over (without reading previous posts) and guessing on very little information :lol

Even if they pull off just the Lennon figure alone I'd be very pleased to see it. The sculpt looks fantastic.

Well the company is up and running. They've hired the best to make an impression. Let's see what they do next.

Its all lies......this is a ******** front....and I double Kim is actually affiliated with them to do anything......since she was obviously affiliated with BZ.

Looks to me like one of those cash grab investments run by people with a padded fake resume.

Wouldn't send them a cent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kim already showed the Lennon sculpt on her Facebook and said it was for Molecule8.

She's also freelance.
That's true.She have posted info in fb

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Thanks Kuat. I knew this company sounded fishy just from that lame brochure that said nothing and had no real direction.

Just showing that that's as much dirt as there is. Reading it again it sounds like the likelihood of bankruptcy which was averted in time?

32960596521_9d79d1138c_o.png

But looking up the law, this is what it refers to:

That's true.She have posted info in fb

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Kim is a freelancer so my thoughts are that yes...this company is a shady scam operation and Kim was simply paid to do the one off job of producing a prototype sculpt for them as a paid commission or something along those lines...what they do with it after that is out of her hands and she is probably already off working on whatever new license Blitzway has promised to reveal at SDCC

On paper, this sounded so promising.

oh well.

Did they ever answered to messages on their page?

I emailed yesterday.

Zip.

Why are people emailing them? This is all a bit of an overreaction. A John Lennon head sculpt was shown with a new company attached. People in the hobby go mad and look for contact, information, etc... for what? If there is a new company on the scene let them emerge when they are ready instead of posting company info based on google searches. Be happy this John Lennon figure could release and leave it at that. You would think these people owed you all something.

I need to see their tax returns.

Back