Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

Lennon looks amazing but I always have a hard time understanding the appeal of figures based on real people rather than characters. I mean, what's his signature weapon? Or iconic action pose?

Lennon is more sentimental than most characters in fiction. I grew up with his music and NECA's 1/4 scale figure is still a prized possession.

Lennon is more sentimental than most characters in fiction. I grew up with his music and NECA's 1/4 scale figure is still a prized possession.

:exactly:

Looks like they are based in L.A. too...interesting...

Ah, the ones only a handful of people would actually order. That's a solid business plan. :lol

I'm sure a good number who picked up BW Ghostbusters would pick up secondary characters.

Lennon looks amazing but I always have a hard time understanding the appeal of figures based on real people rather than characters. I mean, what's his signature weapon? Or iconic action pose?

His signature weapon and iconic action pose:

121sx77.jpg

:p

Please let it be true. . .

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 00.16.21.jpg

Also. . .

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 00.16.53.jpg

These say they're figures.

And in their own words -

"Our story is only just beginning. Prepare for the evolution in Sixth Scale and Quarter Scale collectible figures. More to come..."

Maybe the LOTR fans will finally get a decent Frodo and Sam:lol

Their FB page also states that they will be "shipping their first products in 2017." Promising...cynic in me says unlikely...but still promising...

Very interested in this new company. That definatly have strong marketing. Some major claims they are making. Can't wait to see what they come out with. KA Kim is a good first move.

People seem awful excited about a company that hasn't shown a single production figure or a price tag.

People seem awful excited about a company that hasn't shown a single production figure or a price tag.

In my case: Audrey Hepburn + (possibly) K.A. Kim = justified excitement. Even if it's an action figure, which I'm not into.

Kwc7v7ol-K0.jpg

That is scary realistic. I'm thinking 1/4 scale or larger scale bust.

I think that's a digital rendering, not a physical sculpt yet. If it is a physical sculpt, then yeah, it's really impressive.

This is very exciting news... but this company is stepping on a lot of toes right out of the gate.

Gonna fun to see where this goes.

wow. And like that Asmus and Star Ace both have to have a cigarette.

I have two star ace potter figures and planned on getting 2-4 more this year but if this company blows them away...

And I never bit into Asmus' LOTR, if these are 1/6th scale, they are already clearly superior.

Back