Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

This forum will forget all that when they put a figure up for PO with all the correct licensing labels. I didn't know who Enterbay were back in 2008 when they announced Jack Bauer. That first prototype pic looked like a photograph.

Lennon is high up on my long-standing short list of "wouldn't it be nice" unreleased figures. If someone announces a Bob Marley next...

This forum will forget all that when they put a figure up for PO ....

That's true. That's all that matters.

But this company is still oddly suspicious -- even Pixel's mission statement post has it founded in 2015, yet we only heard about this company a few days ago.

It's a very curious thing, licenses and all.

I sent them a message through Facebook just thanking them for doing Lennon and for engaging such an excellent sculptor to tackle it. They responded promptly, thanking me for the note and adding that they look forward to more reveals in the coming days and weeks. Their website is again showing full color renderings that I assume are zBrush.

:stick Do some of you guys take the tour of the sausage factory, too?

The point it that they have intentions of working only on licensed properties. And they're working in 1/6 and 1/4 scale, not on cup-toppers or busts or collectible spoons.

Those intentions have been around since 2015.

I think Ted Knight said it best...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm sure lot of people here work for Hot Toys. They are always putting down new releases from different companies, but when they talk about Hot Toys everything is good and legit

This looks like an early Kurt Russell sculpt to me.
Screenshot_2017-02-25-19-43-25.jpg

What is the "M8 equation"...?

I cannot explain the M8 equation... you have to experience it for yourself.

Strange they are chasing mediocre licenses that are already taken (like BTILC -- sorry to the few). Why not get popular franchises that haven't had licensed figures yet, like Matrix or Die Hard for example?

Exactly. I'd love someone to finally get Tom Cruise to sign off on merchandise and make loads of figures.

I gotta say, the slew of licenses that have already been done is kind of strange, but hey, more power to them.

Sounds like they are biting off way more than they can chew.

Unless they are going after licenses that no one will put up much of a fight over.

If this gets a regular release then im down to buy but if its a custom grand or 500 dollar figure then i'm out. Sorry i dont pay or play customs bs.

I'd expect significant focus on 1/4 scale from the lineup mentioned. This is more in-line with "museum" offerings and will compliment the 1/6 stuff already out by other licensees.

Last edited:

I can't see any Walter sculpt there. The site is pretty barebones.

That's true. That's all that matters.

But this company is still oddly suspicious -- even Pixel's mission statement post has it founded in 2015, yet we only heard about this company a few days ago.

It's a very curious thing, licenses and all.

The company 'founding' date could mean when the business was legally registered, when it was named, or even when the handshakes took place that first formed it. I don't find that date odd.

At the very least, KA Kim being there seems to indicate they have some serious money behind them.
She's rapidly becoming the premier star of this industry and wouldn't leave Blitzway for a fly-by-night scam.

Blitzway itself is probably a good example of a small company that came out of nowhere with serious financial backing and accomplish a lot with licenses in a small time period, though they have never held that amount of licenses simultaneously.

I wonder if that guy who came on here trying to sell that $20k custom anakin has anything to do with this?

Back