Molecule8 1/4 Jack Burton Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecuel8 1/4 Jack Burton Figure

:exactly: I've been skeptical about m8 from the get go and now I am just flat out calling bs on this company. i feel like they ran out of money and need to announce more stuff to afford to actually produce the Lennon figure.

But only Lennon has been up for preorder at this point, and honestly, if they want more people to preorder that, they're doing all the wrong things. They're getting less people preordering than if they just announced and concentrated on Lennon alone.

I don't think the company is BS, I think it's just too excited to get going and is putting a ****load of carts before their horses.

Its obvious their level of English is very low. I live in China myself and knowledge of English is basically nonexistent in most Chinese companies. I wouldn't waste too much time asking them questions. They either don't understand or send a complete nonsensical reply. Just wait for their product reveals and hope that will shed some light.

Language barriers or not we know someone in their upper echelons can read English...this guy Vijay spoke eloquent English better than most Americans in the podcast...he has to be looking at his company's own website...he has to see that the website says they are releasing a 1/4 truck...if that was a translation mistake it would have been corrected...whichever way you slice it they are deliberately claiming to be releasing this...

Its obvious their level of English is very low. I live in China myself and knowledge of English is basically nonexistent in most Chinese companies. I wouldn't waste too much time asking them questions. They either don't understand or send a complete nonsensical reply. Just wait for their product reveals and hope that will shed some light.

No they understand what they are saying alright. Multiple people have asked them questions about the truck on the facebook page and they are responding with the correct English so they know what they are saying but that's not the issue. The issue is how much of what they are saying is actually true and i'm guessing the 1/4 scale truck is most definitely not.

There was an interview with the company head and while his British accent was unique to my ears, he spoke fluent English.

It's apparent to me they are being deliberately obtuse as a way to generate interest and conversation about their company, not that they don't understand how to form coherent sentences in English.

I do think these guys are having a laugh by pushing the limits to see what they can get away with.

Y76ivL1.png

I guess I don't get it though; most people are preordering at either SS or BBTS. One requires a small deposit, the other no deposit. M8 isn't getting any money from them until they deliver or near delivery. They don't get anything months and months in advance of a toys release if you preorder there. If they're BSing, what's the point. Maybe SS paid them some money to secure NA distribution rights up front, but I don't see them getting any other money from them.

Willy Wonka will include the complete chocolate factory for just $25 more.

I guess I don't get it though; most people are preordering at either SS or BBTS. One requires a small deposit, the other no deposit. M8 isn't getting any money from them until they deliver or near delivery. They don't get anything months and months in advance of a toys release if you preorder there. If they're BSing, what's the point. Maybe SS paid them some money to secure NA distribution rights up front, but I don't see them getting any other money from them.

Difference is say Sideshow showed us a finished Jack Burton prototype when they offered his doll up for pre-order.

There was an interview with the company head and while his British accent was unique to my ears, he spoke fluent English.

It's apparent to me they are being deliberately obtuse as a way to generate interest and conversation about their company, not that they don't understand how to form coherent sentences in English.

I do think these guys are having a laugh by pushing the limits to see what they can get away with.

Having fun at your customers expense. Sounds like a solid business plan to me.

Last edited:

I can't wait for the Potter line and a 1/4 scale Hogwarts! :yess: I'll pay $100 for that no problem.

its a possibility that they can get money from just receiving POs. as suggested by a member here before, they can go straight to production release without
ever showing the prototype. then they can get the full payment even the final product is not up to or near what they have claimed.

For argument sake, let's say this is real.

Hot Toys is going to need to do a Black Widow exclusive, which is airfare both ways to ScarJo's house to get a hummer.

Molecule 8 is the best thing to happen to this hobby in awhile just for the freakouts and confusion. :lol

I hope that Gandalf that was teased is coming in the next year or 2.

BTW, will Molecule8 show figures at SDCC?

Back