Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally painted around the eyes on my DX12. Was really paranoid but man it was pretty easy. Had a lot of light and just took my time taking the head apart.

Hi, I’m new here, and I don’t know if anyone already tried this, but figured I’d share for the hell of it. Going through all the mods, I haven’t seen this done, so I wanted to give it a try. I decided to take the neutral faceplate from the Hot Toys Batman Begins MMS155 and carved it up to fit a DX12 head sculpt. I’m still trying to do some more sanding and fix the fitting. Soon I’m going to attempt to carve the DX12 Wayne sculpt for a faceplate. This faceplate sculpt is a bit different than the other neutral mouths and I figured it’s another option. I also ordered Kai’s faceplate, which I’m excited for. Unfortunately I missed out on Robbie’s faceplate, and I have the one from ebay, which is nice, but I find it a little thin for that area. So I decided to give this a try for the time being.

Looks good. I thought of it but o had sold my HT BB EX cowl and the face plates so I couldn't try it. I may pick up one to do though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

You sound exactly like Robert Downey Jr :lol

great video man.

:lol Thanks man. I'll add Downey to the list. So far I have been told that I sound like John Candy and someone else said I sound like Penn from Penn & Teller. I guess out of all those choices, Robert Downey Jr. would be the best one. :)

Oh and by the way.... I am Iron Man. :rotfl

:lol Thanks man. I'll add Downey to the list. So far I have been told that I sound like John Candy and someone else said I sound like Penn from Penn & Teller. I guess out of all those choices, Robert Downey Jr. would be the best one. :)

Oh and by the way.... I am Iron Man. :rotfl

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Finally got the guts to cut up my Wayne mouth and shape it for the cowl. It took some time, but I'm happy with it. The head looks sooooo much better now than it did with the stock faceplates and ebay faceplate. Don't mind the crappy pix.

lol, I just took my time,and used a box cutting knife. I had to go slow because I was afraid of cutting my fingers. Once I got an initial shape I was too afraid to keep cutting because I didn't want to cut too much. I then just sanded and sanded. Then I would look at it, it would bother me, and I would sand again. Eventually I was happy with it and even thought about doing more sanding, but at this point I'm lucky I got it where I did. I just used a lot of pictures of Robbie's faceplate for reference. It's also bigger than all my other faceplates and stretched out the opening of the cowl mouth. If I decided to take it out, I doubt my other ones will sit in it very well and I will have to shrink the bottom cowl.

Has anyone bought any of these mass produced custom dx12 mouths on ebay?? The pics look great but all the sellers that sell them use the same pictures so that makes me skeptical. I'm curious how they look in person though...I would love to get robbie's custom mouth piece but I'm afraid I missed that one so I'm looking for other options.

mZ355fdEMG6lmHrYvB1nK-A.jpg

Back