Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrmmmm, that's a bit of a problem, how are theses faceplates? I'm willing to buy one from Robbie because of his reputation with his face plates being very good. But I have no idea about these ones. Also, is Tony Meis still making capes, orrrrr?

For that price (about £13 in the UK) it's hard to turn down. Crazy cheap and it looks fantastic. I picked one up. I'll post pictures when it comes.

That would be great if you could do that!

Hrmmmm, that's a bit of a problem, how are theses faceplates? I'm willing to buy one from Robbie because of his reputation with his face plates being very good. But I have no idea about these ones. Also, is Tony Meis still making capes, orrrrr?

I believe he is. Email him at [email protected] for more info.

Hey iMan, have you used either of those? I'm really liking the look of this one on the figure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Custom...3608?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item43bc179f88

No I have not. I am using Robbie's but I am not sure he is offering them anymore. The Fiend actually said he bought this one so hopefully he can review it once he gets it.

Yup. I should have it next week. I got on Robbie's wait list but he says he doesn't know if he'll be making anymore at the moment. Something to do with the guy that does the casting.

I wouldn't go with the one in the first link but the one I bought looks pretty decent. Ill let you guys know.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

He has 2 left and it's only $20, I would. Can't speak for you though.

Unless you want to wait later this week until I get mine and I can share pics and give everyone my thoughts. By then those 2 could be gone though.

Bought, it was actually only 16,22 because of the dollar to euro conversion rate. So of it turns out to be ****, it won't be that bad.

For anybody who's removed the fat suit, how difficult would you say this mod is? I don't mod any of my figures ever, but having the belt sit up too high and not being able to have Batman ride on the batpod is bothering me so im considering the mod but am scared to ruin a $300 figure.

Fat suit removal was one of the most difficult mod for me. It takes a lot of patience. One tip for me is do not rub your fingers on the rubber part of the suit too much as it will damage the matte finish.

Good luck on the mod.

I didn't take the fatsuit out of mine and I don't think my belt sits too high.

DSCF3649_zps36dd806c.jpg

For anybody who's removed the fat suit, how difficult would you say this mod is? I don't mod any of my figures ever, but having the belt sit up too high and not being able to have Batman ride on the batpod is bothering me so im considering the mod but am scared to ruin a $300 figure.

my advice: keep him intact. it's not a super-easy mod for the uninitiated and though it's reversible, you can wreck a lot of things on it if you're not careful.

futz the belt, have him straddle the bike with the emp gun, and leave him alone.

i stripped my "spare" body, but never would have done this mod to my original (which i am keeping intact).

I guess I'll leave him alone then and try to find the original mms Batman to put on the pod.

I didn't take the fatsuit out of mine and I don't think my belt sits too high.

DSCF3649_zps36dd806c.jpg

Mine for some reason just doesnt sit on him like that. I've tried futzing with it and just can't get it to look like that.

I guess I'll leave him alone then and try to find the original mms Batman to put on the pod.

Mine for some reason just doesnt sit on him like that. I've tried futzing with it and just can't get it to look like that.

I agree with Fiend and the others that say not to do that mod. I didn't have to with mine either and I futzed with the belt to get it to sit lower based on what Maglor showed. Go back to the beginning of this thread and he shows a quick mod where you can reposition the chest area just by manipulating the body a certain way. This re-positing can also help with how the belt sits.

Personally, I think the fat suit removal mod is worth it. I have no idea why Hot Toys spent all that time making a fabric suit only to hinder it with that ridiculous foam pair of spanx for men. I could get more poses out of my rubber suited Batman figures before I did the mod.

It is not for the faint of heart and I would rate it as an intermediate level of difficulty, but if you have a steady hand and lots of patience you should come out okay.

While I'm not playing with Batman in the bathtub or throwing him off the roof of my house, I do like being able to pose him. I collect figures, not statues.

The one from "djfungshing" seems pretty legit, plus free shipping. So that's pretty neat, only two left though. Should I just go for it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Custom...3608?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item43bc179f88

That would be great if you could do that!

For that price (about £13 in the UK) it's hard to turn down. Crazy cheap and it looks fantastic. I picked one up. I'll post pictures when it comes.

I figured I'd post these here for those that may only come to the DX12 mods thread.

Last edited:
Any tips on painting the eyelids? I'm thinking of doing it, just not sure how to really approach this. I assume for painting the eyelids the PERS doesn't need to be removed?

Back