Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any tips on painting the eyelids? I'm thinking of doing it, just not sure how to really approach this. I assume for painting the eyelids the PERS doesn't need to be removed?

Nope. Just move them so they are looking up or down as much as they can go in case you get a little paint/Sharpie on them so that you can't see it once they are normal.

If using paint, a very thin brush will do the job. You could use a Sharpie Pen (fine point). Both require a steady hand.

I did this but still didn't think it looks good so I did the eyelid sculpt mod. I highly recommend that mod.

Personally, I think the fat suit removal mod is worth it. I have no idea why Hot Toys spent all that time making a fabric suit only to hinder it with that ridiculous foam pair of spanx for men. I could get more poses out of my rubber suited Batman figures before I did the mod.

It is not for the faint of heart and I would rate it as an intermediate level of difficulty, but if you have a steady hand and lots of patience you should come out okay.

While I'm not playing with Batman in the bathtub or throwing him off the roof of my house, I do like being able to pose him. I collect figures, not statues.

I would agree with you if I had problems posing him which I don't. :dunno However to each their own.

Nope. Just move them so they are looking up or down as much as they can go in case you get a little paint/Sharpie on them so that you can't see it once they are normal.

If using paint, a very thin brush will do the job. You could use a Sharpie Pen (fine point). Both require a steady hand.

I did this but still didn't think it looks good so I did the eyelid sculpt mod. I highly recommend that mod.

Agreed. I love mine now that he has the squint look. I also carefully did it so that the PERS still work.

The squint mod just looks ****ing bonkers to do though. Opening the head and removing the whole PERS section, like.....that just seems super excessive and dangerous to me. the explanation in the OP doesn't seem all that helpful either, still not sure how one goes about doing that.

The squint mod just looks ****ing bonkers to do though. Opening the head and removing the whole PERS section, like.....that just seems super excessive and dangerous to me. the explanation in the OP doesn't seem all that helpful either, still not sure how one goes about doing that.

It's actually pretty easy man. I can walk you through it. PM me if you really are serious about doing it.

I think I'm going to just paint the eyelids first, then if I'm not satisfied with it I *MIGHT* attempt the squint mod. Actually I really like the sound of using a sharpie instead of paint. Now this is going to sound a bit silly, but what Sharpie would you recommend? I need to be absolutely sure I'm doing this right.

I think I'm going to just paint the eyelids first, then if I'm not satisfied with it I *MIGHT* attempt the squint mod. Actually I really like the sound of using a sharpie instead of paint. Now this is going to sound a bit silly, but what Sharpie would you recommend? I need to be absolutely sure I'm doing this right.

A fine point Sharpie pen. The ones that are very tiny.

In case you decide to take a crack at the squint mod, here is something I posted a long time ago. It might help. I have lots more photos of the whole process too.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5315349&postcount=1093

A fine point Sharpie pen. The ones that are very tiny.

In case you decide to take a crack at the squint mod, here is something I posted a long time ago. It might help. I have lots more photos of the whole process too.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5315349&postcount=1093

Like these?
sharpiematic3.jpg

The little nailed ones?

Also, thanks for that link. Really appreciate it, if I ever get down to doing it I'll know who to ask for.

Well, I tried it. It doesn't look very good. I can't really get to the spots that need to get darker because the sharpie just can't reach those spots. It also doesn't really dry, it remains kinda shiny. So....not a great result tbh.

I did the mod keeping the head intact. :)

Well, I tried it. It doesn't look very good. I can't really get to the spots that need to get darker because the sharpie just can't reach those spots. It also doesn't really dry, it remains kinda shiny. So....not a great result tbh.

Get yourself a thin brush and some flat black acrylic. :)

Get yourself a thin brush and some flat black acrylic. :)

It's definitely the corner of the eye that I just can't reach with a Sharpie. It also doesn't really become a matt surface either like I see in all these pics of you guys, just kinda shiny and wet-ish. It doesn't really look any better then it did before nor worse. I might just keep it like this before I screw up the head, lol.

It's definitely the corner of the eye that I just can't reach with a Sharpie. It also doesn't really become a matt surface either like I see in all these pics of you guys, just kinda shiny and wet-ish. It doesn't really look any better then it did before nor worse. I might just keep it like this before I screw up the head, lol.

I think your best bet is just use some acrylic black paint with a small brush and you will be done in minutes like Fiend suggested. That's what I did before I went back and did the squint mod. I re-applied the black paint again after the epoxy dried around the eye lids and done.

144 pages and just my luck all of the pers removal plate tutorial images are DOWN!!! I just want to fix the double eye problem because my right eye is too in on the DX12...

I managed to get it out, it was super easy, but the eyeball is still off, so I think it has do to with the placing of the eyes of the PERS plate so I am out of luck.

Hey, Fiend. I got that mouth piece from ebay in today. It looks pretty great although as you said, it doesn't quite fit in. There is like something inside the head where the mouth piece gets in sticking out that blocks the mouth piece from sliding in. You used like some sort of knife to fix this? Could you maybe show the back of the mouth piece for me? And some tips as to how to get in the cowl. Seems easy enough, just not sure what's the best approach to this is.

EDIT: never mind, I worked it out. Looks MILES better now with the open mouth.

H3v5EX0.jpg

YuLAdfb.jpg

Christian+Bale+filming+Chris+Nolan's+%22Batman:+The+Dark+knight+Rises%22+on+the+streets+of+Manhattan+on+November+6,+2011+in+New+York+City

Last edited:
Back